• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

help wit skorms (spoilers)

wulfric

Professional bigot-slayer and redneck-eradicator
Reaction score
Re: help wit skorms (spoilers)

ok thanks fo your hel guys ill just keep sacrificing! :p
btw is it possible to get both wizard hats?

jwc2200

Reaction score

You can not get both wizard hats in unmodded play.

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

jwc2200;321383 said:
You can not get both wizard hats in unmodded play.

Actually you can. The key is, not getting the books in the Guild first. I found it easier to get the Dark Wizard Hat first 'cause the teacher tends to pick the "good" books.

During Maze Request to Find the Archaeologist quest, teleport back to Bowerstone or Oakvale. Get the books from both Bowerstone and Oakvale for the Dark Wizard Hat. After you succeed in getting the Dark Wizard Hat, Herosave and reload.
Enter the quest again and teleport back to get the 4 books: Alchemist Repentance, Tailor's Tragedy, Oakvale Raid, Trials of Arkan.
Alchemist Repentance is located in BS clothing store. Tailor's Tragedy is in one of the house in Bowerstone North. You can kill the guard who blocks the entrance by using a good ranged weapon. Both Oakvale Raid and Trials of Arkan can be found in Oakvale. Once you get the books, Herosave and reload the save again. Now you have Dark Wizard Hat, second copies of the 4 books, you can finish the Find the Archaeologist quest and feel free to go back to the Guild to get all the "good" books for getting the White Wizard Hat and a silver key later. :)

wulfric

Reaction score

yeh but its already too late for that :'(

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

wulfric;321502 said:
yeh but its already too late for that :'(

That's why I try to world save before every new quest... I can always go back and fix things.

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

Mikhail;321512 said:
That's why I try to world save before every new quest... I can always go back and fix things.

...and pretend nothing bad ever happened. :lol:

Silver.

King Of Wishful Thinking.
Reaction score

wives won't follow you out of towns. The priests won't even follow you at all. Try some husbands... Joking. Won't work neither.

Well, I heard it somewhere, i've never tried it 'cause when I got the bow I used the Avo merc.

I always thought the outcome would be random at the temple, but there is another theory that fits in the slots of the mystery of getting the bow. Apparently, the time you sacrifice should be lined up with your alignment, completely evil being 6pm and completely good being 6am, neutral being Midnight.

The bars on your alignment meter correspond to the time inbetween, say you have 3 bars of good, it would be 3am. You can keep track of the hours passing as the merc takes his allowance.

But it's just another theory, i've yet to try it.

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

I can only get it when I'm mostly good. Sacrifice time is always before midnight. BS evil merc always works for me. I can never succeed in getting the Bow when I'm evil. =[
I'll just go to temple of Avo and "buy" the bloody Sentinus instead.

Silver.

King Of Wishful Thinking.
Reaction score

Yeah, i brought the sentinus in the end. :p

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

seress;321539 said:
I can only get it when I'm mostly good. Sacrifice time is always before midnight. BS evil merc always works for me. I can never succeed in getting the Bow when I'm evil. =[
I'll just go to temple of Avo and "buy" the bloody Sentinus instead.

I got the bow at 3 evil with one sacrifice. :p

wulfric

Reaction score

alright don't go one about! just cause you can dont rub it in peoples faces

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

wulfric;321728 said:
alright don't go one about! just cause you can dont rub it in peoples faces

But it's fun rubbing things in people's faces! ;)

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

Mikhail;321694 said:
I got the bow at 3 evil with one sacrifice. :p

Good for you! :)

Chrysalis

Reaction score

without a doubt its easier when you good. Also I think the way to get it changed between the original fable and TLC.

In the original fable midnight would be very likely success providing you good enough.

In TLC it seems to vary at the optimal time, in my current game using a good character who was only about halfway up the alignment bar (no halo) I got the merc from bowerstone south and the merc from oakvale then teleported back to skorms chapel. I had alreayd missed midnight but was before sunrise so just went ahead with it right away (about 2-3am), first sacrifice I was told was good and got about 400 evil points, I did the other immediatly after and I got the "your desire for my evil is gratifying, you will go far" that message always means skorms bow.

What I dont get is how you got the evil title and no bow. I have played through fable 1 tlc at least 5 times now and the original about 3 times and in all of the games I got the things in this order from both temples.

weapon -> gift of youth -> title

with the weapon been hardest to get.

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

Chrysalis;324012 said:
What I dont get is how you got the evil title and no bow. I have played through fable 1 tlc at least 5 times now and the original about 3 times and in all of the games I got the things in this order from both temples.

weapon -> gift of youth -> title

with the weapon been hardest to get.

That's how it works for most people. Usually you get Skorm's Bow and after that the Age Reduction and title of Necromancer only take a sacrifice or two to get. It's the same with Avo's Temple. You get The Sentinus and afterward the Age Reduction and then the title of Paladin only take a couple gold to get.

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

If you received the age reductions or the titles first, can you still get the weapons later on?

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

seress;324165 said:
If you received the age reductions or the titles first, can you still get the weapons later on?

Most likely. It's value's obviously are still programmed into the game so I'm sure you can.

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

Mikhail;324288 said:
Most likely. It's value's obviously are still programmed into the game so I'm sure you can.

Thanks. :) I ask because no matter how hard I try I just couldn't get the Bow after I received the age reduction and the Necromancer title in one of my profiles.

Now I always stick to the Weapon > Age reduction > Title sequence.

cj-chris

Cookie Monster
Reaction score

This may sound a bit odd but using FE look under objects in game.bin find skorms bow should be called legendary_longbow make a note of the number to the left of the name then scroll to creature go to 1470_creature_Hero and double click, click the little + next to creature scroll down to weapon 1 and enter the number for Legendary_longbow apply changes click on actions save mods and run fable
NB always back up game files before editing
hope that helped