• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hero Hill *Spoilers maybe?*

Status
Not open for further replies.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
nahh man, im pretty certain the sanctuary is just some hidden place and doesn't have much of a story seen as its main purpose is to replace the start menu. And im pretty damn sure the guild chambre is now the catacombs look at the windows etc i just dont get how it go to the middle of bowerstone? the geography on fable 3 is pretty messed up i mean a massive hill can't disappear in 50 years anyhow the hill in Driftwood looks more like hero hill and it has a cullis on top... but its in the sea not the lake, oh any of you find the weird lionhead symbol on the bottom of the sea? I want to find my dogs grave... Anyhow i want to know what happened to Oakvale i want to find the bridge so i can reminisce about when I crossed it the first time I played Fable and then again killing hollowmen in fable 2. And what happened to bloodstone? I loved that place. Man, the geography on fable 3 annoys me.
Mountains are now where Wraithmarsh was, has only been 50 years is stupid. And the land north of Bowerstone (Rookridge, Oakfield..) has disappeared.. Along with Witchwood/Knothole Glade, and Albion is viewed north of Aurora when Aurora is to the west

Reaction score
i'm sorry did you write the fable story?
NA but did u? Didnt ****in think so, so shut it, your tryin to say, that a room, that is over probably a 800 years old, that 50 years ago had barely any flooring, is still fully intact and is a whole other room, get your facts straight, thanks

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
NA but did u? Didnt ****in think so, so shut it, your tryin to say, that a room, that is over probably a 800 years old, that 50 years ago had barely any flooring, is still fully intact and is a whole other room, get your facts straight, thanks
Easy pal he's got a point :L it's only speculation, could have been rebuilt as much as it could have caved in

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
Easy pal he's got a point :L it's only speculation, could have been rebuilt as much as it could have caved in
yeah. and im probably guessing it was the rebellion against the hero guild that ruined it. not that is is very old.
the sanctuary seems to be the most probable and likely location of the guild.

Tleveller

Reaction score

jesus, calm down its a game haha, but if you remember back to the catacombs theirs a railing around the edge and rocks and stuff so i got really go very far pretty much like the hall in fable 2 XD

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
jesus, calm down its a game haha, but if you remember back to the catacombs theirs a railing around the edge and rocks and stuff so i got really go very far pretty much like the hall in fable 2 XD
yes, but the catacombs are under bowerstone castle, which is the opposite end to bowerstone from bower lake.

Tleveller

Reaction score
aye i know thats the only thing i was thinking haha but all the geography in fable 3 seem's pretty strange.

Smithyatticus

Reaction score
I think the basic point is that the game developers wanted new locations. If they just used all the old places, with only 50years passing there couldnt have been that much difference in all the locations, so that would have made them less fun to explore, because you know them. They obviously had to keep bowerstone in and added subtle but believeable changes to the other locations. Take millfields for example. It's the bowerlake map from fable 2, but with some differences that could happen in 50 years, and the starting point that you enter at when coming from bowerstone is placed further back. So the first time you enter millfields, you go over the hill and think "Wow, thats bowerlake!" and immediately you want to go see whats new! Thats the point, that have to keep things new and fun.

As for the guild cave... I'd say lets wait and see for DLC! :)

Reaction score
Im chill, its cool i just dont like logging on and having to explain myself when im right, or mostly right.
aye i know thats the only thing i was thinking haha but all the geography in fable 3 seem's pretty strange.
Ya they halfassed the whole map thing, as in design, i like tha map table, but i mean when u zoom in on a town, its is nothing like the real thing

Reaction score
yeah. and im probably guessing it was the rebellion against the hero guild that ruined it. not that is is very old.
the sanctuary seems to be the most probable and likely location of the guild.
All im sayin is u cant just go undergrown were there are no entrances and just build something, i still think th sanctuary is just there as in like its its own place, get what im sayin, like its not by anything

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
Well.. Yeah you can, and there was an entrance that Sparrow knew very well, but seems he blocked it off. To avoid anyone getting to his hideout (the Sanctuary). The doors in the Sanctuary are similar to the Guild's and it was going to be called Guild Chambers, I think it's either in the Chamber of Fate or the round room before it with the flit switch door

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
Well.. Yeah you can, and there was an entrance that Sparrow knew very well, but seems he blocked it off. To avoid anyone getting to his hideout (the Sanctuary). The doors in the Sanctuary are similar to the Guild's and it was going to be called Guild Chambers, I think it's either in the Chamber of Fate or the round room before it with the flit switch door
the round room is probably where in fable 1 the map room was, since in f2 it leads to the library/chamber of fate which it did in f1 aswell.

though, i do remember the chamber of fate being accessed by a bridge across a huge chasm around the chamber, so if it was build in the chamber, then it would be made to be unaccessible to people by sparrow by removing the bridge, and using the cullis gate in the chamber as a means of entry and exit.

Revolvere

Reaction score
Thats sunshine manor your seeing on the top of the map, i can tell u how to get there if u need me to, its a huge mansion u can have and a very generous demon door

Hey, Can you tell me how to get there? I'm stuck...

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the Sanctuary is in fact the Old Tomb/Chamber of Fate.
A: It is one of the few locations that has appeared in both Fable 1 and 2 (and 3, if my theory is correct)
B: The Sanctuary has a very similar layout to the Old Tomb (Circular with cullis gate at one end, and arched doorways in there somewhere.
C: As to the whole hundreds of years of disrepair argument, Sparrow had 50 years to repair it, a number of those with the power of a monarch, to recruit builders, painters, carpenters etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.