• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hero Save Exploit = Keeping the Sword of Aeons...

N

NeutronHInc

Hero Save Exploit = Keeping the Sword of Aeons...

I didn't find anything about this Hero Save exploit in the tags or by searching, and I thought it should be here! Fable TLC needed. :p

Okay, we all know that...
Killing your sister will let you keep the sword
...but you get evil points for doing so. If you want to go evil, then by all means do that. But if you want to remain on the side of light, then follow below to keep the Sword of Aeons...

After you have defeated Jack, the Sword of Aeons is now your's and you have a choice to make.

1st, make sure the SoA is equiped.
2nd, Hero Save before you do anything with the SoA.
3rd, load your Hero Save and the SoA should still be in your Inventory
4th, switch to another weapon, I use the Solus
5th, kill Jack again and this time toss the SoA into the void.

If done right, the SoA should still be in your inventory! :ninja:

For those that know of this exploit, good. For those that don't, enjoy!

Note: This MAY or MAY NOT work for everyone. Some people have gotten it to work, while others have tried countless times and it hasn't worked. Some computer systems let it work while others refuse to do it. Don't ask me why that is, I don't know.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Hero Save Exploit = Keeping the Sword of Aeons...

I can just buy it using my fable shop trainer. but I guess it's good for those who want it.
Has this been tested? I didn't think it worked with weapons or clothing. Because once I was doing the Hobbe Cave Quest, and I opened the demon door got the bright will user outfit, the silver key, hero saved, and I had to open the demon door again to get the Outfit. So.

N

NeutronHInc

Sephiroxas;64699 said:
I can just buy it using my fable shop trainer. but I guess it's good for those who want it.
Has this been tested? I didn't think it worked with weapons or clothing. Because once I was doing the Hobbe Cave Quest, and I opened the demon door got the bright will user outfit, the silver key, hero saved, and I had to open the demon door again to get the Outfit. So.
Yes, I've done it twice, and it worked both times. I don't use the trainer, so lol. :D:p

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

NeutronHInc;64706 said:
Yes, I've done it twice, and it worked both times. I don't use the trainer, so lol. :D:p

hmm I'll have to try it. everywhere I've read it didn't work for any one so.:unsure:

N

NeutronHInc

Well, for some it works, most it don't work. It has to do with the fact you can't have more then one of the same sword or clothing. So for most people it doesn't work, or its a 1 in 100 chance of working. I read somewhere that there is a glitch in the game when installed on some systems that allow more then one of the same sword or clothing, but I'll be damned if I can remember where. >< All I know is that it works for me on both of my systems. But on my friend's system, it doesn't. Don't ask me why this is, I have no clue.

So for those of you who can't get it to work, use the Shop Trainer. LOL :p
For those that it does work for, enjoy having the SoA without a trainer to get it. :D

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

To be honest, I have my doubts about this. For example, when doing the quest to find the dude in his cave (You know, hit the stones to make the demon door open) there is a chest that contains a Obisidan Greathammer - and no matter how many times I pick it up I dont get to keep it after I Hero Save when I've gotten my age reduction...

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;64714 said:
To be honest, I have my doubts about this. For example, when doing the quest to find the dude in his cave (You know, hit the stones to make the demon door open) there is a chest that contains a Obisidan Greathammer - and no matter how many times I pick it up I dont get to keep it after I Hero Save when I've gotten my age reduction...

I have the same doubts. But I guess it never hurts to try.

N

NeutronHInc

I had the same doubts when I first heard of this, because like Tsuyu, I didn't get to keep the sword from the stone when I was doing the age reduction trick. But for some reason, it worked with the SoA, at least for me.

If all else fails, theres the shop trainer to get it, LOL.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I have used the shop trainer to get the SoA and beaten Jack with it. Then tossed out the new one I got and ended up loosing both. I think you can have only on SoA. Admittedly I didn't try to switch weapons before receiving the second SoA

R

Reaper

If you do the tirck... would you
be able to gett Avo's tear
if you throw the SoA into the Vortex?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

wow, i like it! simple, doesn't require a modding program or anything fancy, and is ever so useful! Now i can finally achieve my dream of slaughtering the back of the heros guild with a life crusher! ^_^

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I found out about this glitch about 3 months ago... Didn't work then, didn't work a few weeks ago either...(PC)

D

Darg

Reaper;64981 said:
If you do the tirck... would you
be able to gett Avo's tear
if you throw the SoA into the Vortex?

I'd like an answer to this as well. Could you possibly get both of the best weapons in the game?

R

Reaper

I tried the giltch for XBox and when I loaded it... I didn't have the Sword of Aeons, just a stick. I'm going to say that you can't use teh giltch for XBox to get both of the swords.

W

WaTeRwInGs

Can someone please tell me the age reduction trick for TLC on xbox please? :p It would be much appreciated.

H

Hexadecimal

WaTeRwInGs;70227 said:
Can someone please tell me the age reduction trick for TLC on xbox please? :p It would be much appreciated.

it involves going to the temple for the usual age reduction while you are in the area anyway for a quest... you then hero save, and end the quest... then repeat ad nauseum...
you can try looking here

http://forums.projectego.net/how-do-u-use-hero-save-exploit-1663/

W

WaTeRwInGs