• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How do I replace an Item with another item?

Johnnysauur

Fable:TLC
Reaction score
How do I replace an Item with another item?

See, I want to change my Apple pies, and such into Elixirs of Life.

I also want to be able to spawn armor, but I've followed thread after thread, and searched google until it begged me to stop.

But I just cant figure out how to do those two things ^^:':)'(

I'd love someone to help me, because I'm more than likely going to be using this forum alot :DD

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Re: How do I replace an Item with another item?

You can replace an item by exporting the whole OBJECT that you want and then simply import to the object you want to replace. (Boot up Fable Explorer->Double click on the Object->Click on Export->Select the object you want to replace->Import the file you just exported->Save Changes & Run Fable)

You could also change the potion's stats yourself, I suggest to read this thread.

You can spawn armor by using chests, FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL.

Johnnysauur

Reaction score

DarkONI;409778 said:
You can replace an item by exporting the whole OBJECT that you want and then simply import to the object you want to replace. (Boot up Fable Explorer->Double click on the Object->Click on Export->Select the object you want to replace->Import the file you just exported->Save Changes & Run Fable)

You could also change the potion's stats yourself, I suggest to read this thread.

You can spawn armor by using chests, FOLLOW THIS TUTORIAL.

Ahh, but see, I cant find the things I want in fable explorer >.> the version I have doesn't have search feature.Nor does the one with search work on my computer.It stops responding even before it starts up. Brand new computer too.

Basically, what I wanna do is turn my current health potions that I have, or whatever item, that is in my inventory at the moment. Into a different item.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Johnnysauur;409791 said:
Ahh, but see, I cant find the things I want in fable explorer >.> the version I have doesn't have search feature.Nor does the one with search work on my computer.It stops responding even before it starts up. Brand new computer too.

Basically, what I wanna do is turn my current health potions that I have, or whatever item, that is in my inventory at the moment. Into a different item.

That's what I told you. Check the parenthesis, it explains the steps to replace a whole kind of an item to another. For example, all Health Potions will become Mana Potions.

Looking for things isn't that hard, I hardly use the ShadowNet build. Just go to the objects tree and look for things, potions and other hero-related stuff are usually around each other.

Johnnysauur

Reaction score

DarkONI;409794 said:
That's what I told you. Check the parenthesis, it explains the steps to replace a whole kind of an item to another. For example, all Health Potions will become Mana Potions.

Looking for things isn't that hard, I hardly use the ShadowNet build. Just go to the objects tree and look for things, potions and other hero-related stuff are usually around each other.

Oops, sorry kinda skimmed over all that.

Anyway to just add an item to my inventory instead of replacing an item?
Because I cant think of an item to replace that I never use.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Johnnysauur;409795 said:
Oops, sorry kinda skimmed over all that.

Anyway to just add an item to my inventory instead of replacing an item?
Because I cant think of an item to replace that I never use.

As I said to my first reply, you can spawn items by using chests. Follow the link to the tutorial, it explains how to spawn items through chests. Please read carefully and don't skip parts.

Johnnysauur

Reaction score

DarkONI;409797 said:
As I said to my first reply, you can spawn items by using chests. Follow the link to the tutorial, it explains how to spawn items through chests. Please read carefully and don't skip parts.

Haha,sorry. I've been up all night. Kinda annoyed with some situations irl. Anyway, thanks for the help man :].

Anything I can do in return?^_^

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Johnnysauur;409798 said:
Haha,sorry. I've been up all night. Kinda annoyed with some situations irl. Anyway, thanks for the help man :].

Anything I can do in return?^_^

Just enjoy Fable modding and try to make good mods for the community. =)

Johnnysauur

Reaction score

DarkONI;409812 said:
Just enjoy Fable modding and try to make good mods for the community. =)

:D hmm.. I looked at the spawning tut. I dont understand it.
Is there another, maybe perhaps a more detailed, and specific one?

Johnnysauur

Reaction score

I would spawn, but for some reason, albion explorer stops responding when i try to load a map..

Johnnysauur

Reaction score

Stranger;410467 said:
Then fix it. The tool has been discontinued for years, so any problem existing with it today existed with it way back when too, it's not like AlbionExplorer issues are anything new. Because of that, you'll find that a lot of people have had issues with AlbionExplorer and a lot of people have already offered help with it and a lot of these issues have been solved. The only exceptions are those involving people who were too incompetent to follow directions.

You could also edit the TNGs manually, it is my preferred method.

Well, im not incompetent to following directions, and I dont appreciate you saying that, because I somehow feel like your comparing me >.>.
I DID look for solutions, but apparently it seems that no one tried using Albion Explorer with Windows 7.

Johnnysauur

Reaction score

Stranger;410758 said:
Then that's on you. I didn't say it was you, I said it was the people who failed to solve their issue. I suppose it is up to you whether I'm describing you or not.You can't possibly think you're the only Fable modder with Windows 7 x64 who has attempted to use AlbionExplorer, because that's just not true at all.

I'm not saying im the only one, im just saying apparently no one had problems with it and posted their problem on this particular forum, and has had it solved.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

If Albion Explorer isn't working properly for you then try to use Chocolate Box in order to work with your maps. Chocolate Box is newer than Albion Explorer and integrates a Region Editing tool.

If you experience problems with Chocolate box, make sure that you're running as administrator, compatibility mode and that your Fable TLC is clean of modifications.

You can still work on scripting, chocolate box will automatically extract albion.wad and function both as the freeroam app and Albion Explorer.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score

Stranger;411079 said:
It will rip the FinalAlbion.wad, but it will not patch the LEVs for free roaming.

Yes, I should have specified that.