• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How do you tell time with the "clock"?

L

locutus

How do you tell time with the "clock"?

According to the manual the symbol in the top right hand corner is a clock. When it's black on the left it's day-time. When it's black on the right it's night-time. OK, but how do you actually tell time? There's a statue in look-out point that points in different directions depending on the time of day, for example, 10:00 am. Well how do I tell what 10:00 am is? When the guard yells "Shops are now open" and the left side is black, is that 8:00 am? There's also a certain time of day when it's easy to show off a trophy in the guild and get all 18 witnesses. I was lucky enough to be there one day at the right time. I want to do it again, and it would help if I understood the clock better.

Z

Zingo

Re: How do you tell time with the "clock"?

Black? I had this clock with... sun and moon methinks, and pointers...

Man

The Superior Being
Reaction score

think of it as a normal clock. in the center of each side theres a sun and a moon(i think) and they have a point sticking out. when the arrow is right on that point, that means its 12:00pm or am. so you can pretty much figure it out from there

A

Autofire

The arrow in the middle of your little clock is pointing straight up (or should be). When the line that separates day and night is horizontal and the dark side is on top then it's Midnight (12am), when the bright side is on top then it'd be Noon (12pm). When the line separating both sides is vertical and the bright side is on the right, then it's 6am, when the dark side is on the right, then it's 6pm.

And if you want to get a lot of people to show your trophy to, there's a helpful glitch (if you're not opposed to using glitches). Start a quest that lets you do a Boast, then accept the quest and boast. When you appear outside the guild and the people come to cheer, just walk into the grass where you can dig. Use your spade. It will glitch and double the crowd cheering you on. You can do that as much as you want to get 100+ people to show your trophies to, but at a certain point it gets reallllllllly laggy with so many people.