• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How exactly will Fable 3 read your save?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaidenGuy123

Reaction score
How exactly will Fable 3 read your save?

I know PM talked about scanning your save, but has anything been released as to how much? I mean, my guy was good but he wasn't a saint, I accidentally chose the bad side in Till Death do us Part and I also chose the bad side in Blind date. I also chose Family.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
Re: How exactly will Fable 3 read your save?

I recon the whole your-fable2-hero-is-your-parent-deal isn't really that big. Either your parent are good evil or neutral, I'm not even sure we will actually see our Fable II character at all in Fable III, well maybe in a picture or one of those cartoon-like cut scenes.

It would be sweet if you had to undergo some sort of special traning provided by your fable II character as a child.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

I think that your character will have to overthrow the hero from fable 2 (parent or not)
Reasoning being
-your new character is supposed to be a revolutionary of sorts
-your old character ended see the future as the king
-there are hints in both interviews and see the future that the kings reputation and relationship with his kingdom declines
-see the future concludes by showing a picture of a baby in a crib

thats my theory that i'm sticking to, feel free to contradict :)

my other thought is that since they are incorporating foreign nations with the whole politician theme, you may travel to lands outside of albion to resolve conflicts, whether you support the people or the government being your classic fable choice.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score

My guess is - you start as the son of the King/Queen (your Fable 2 Hero), your parents are killed, someone takes you away, teaches you to be a Hero and helps you take your righteous place as King from some evul dictator.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

handsdown65;332191 said:
My guess is - you start as the son of the King/Queen (your Fable 2 Hero), your parents are killed, someone takes you away, teaches you to be a Hero and helps you take your righteous place as King from some evul dictator.
how ever did you think of such an outlandish theory???
proof and reference???
(sarcasm)

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score

My idea is that the player grows up in an orphanage or workhouse, and later finds out that his mother or father was the old king or queen. The game progresses from there, things happen, la de da.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Like a basterd child of the King?
Could happen if it was my fable II hero, hehe

Sandgoose

BWARK!
Reaction score

I Thought it was confirmed that you would start the game as an Adult.

Although, It would be awesome if you spent a days of actual time growing up and raising your skills.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score

Rheckameohs;332376 said:
My idea is that the player grows up in an orphanage or workhouse, and later finds out that his mother or father was the old king or queen. The game progresses from there, things happen, la de da.

It could be, but I'm kinda sick of them killing off our family in the first hour of the game (or five minutes.) I really hope that for once they go ahead and leave your family alive and together long enough to influence the game.

Plus, I have problems with "rightful king." Call me Mr. Vimes. The problem there is that, well, there might not be much way to escape that kinda plot.

SimonKalevra;332502 said:
Like a basterd child of the King?
Could happen if it was my fable II hero, hehe

Okay, THAT is a way of disposing of the family that I could approve of. Especially if we're a bastard raised in the palace or something. Potential for conflict with no need to actually kill off your parents.

Sandgoose;332560 said:
I Thought it was confirmed that you would start the game as an Adult.

Um... no? When did you see that? They haven't said anything about it, but presumably it's going the same way as F1 and F2-- you start as a kid.

But yeah, I've been thinking alot about how they're going to use F2-- how major of a character your F2 Hero will be, and what their relationship with their children will be like. Hopefully it has a powerful effect on the way the game begins, but that seems unlikely, since it would seem like punishing those who didn't play F2.

I've also wondered if the stats and all of your F2 hero will affect the stats, or inclination towards gaining certain abilities and states (good/evil, pure/corrupt), of your F3 Hero. Like if your parent was good you tend to evil, or if they were good you tend to good, or if they were great shots you inherit a gift for riflery. I don't know, but that MIGHT be interesting. Or it might be overly restrictive.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

It will probably just see what your Fable II characters goodness and purity stats are. Then just start from there with a cutscene. Like this:

Good: "He was the son of the king, a rightious and good man....."

Evil: "He was the son of the king, a ruthless tyrant...."

It might also take into consideration some of the major choices you made, like your choice at the end of the game, what you did with old town, and so on.

I hope they tell us a little more about how it will be, I want to set up some saves for every situation. That should give me something to do while we wait for the game to come out.

Sandgoose

BWARK!
Reaction score

They better alter the world in the game based upon your choices in the spire, Sacrificing a mass amount of money and a dog for a statue was a real dick move.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Sandgoose;332746 said:
They better alter the world in the game based upon your choices in the spire

I don't see that happening, the choice in the spire really doesn't affect the world all that much, at least for the F3 character. Choosing wealth or love only affects your F2 character, and probably wouldn't have much effect on the F3 character. Sure, maybe the wish revived the F3 character, but then it's just like he/she never got killed and everything is back to normal. And maybe choosing wealth would give the F2 hero a bit of extra cash to share with his/her new family, but if he/she becomes king, he/she is rich anyway. Choosing sacrifice affects Albion greatly, but not for the F3 hero. There'd just be a bunch of extra people around that he/she would never interact with.

Sandgoose

BWARK!
Reaction score

Necromancer11;332749 said:
I don't see that happening, the choice in the spire really doesn't affect the world all that much, at least for the F3 character. Choosing wealth or love only affects your F2 character, and probably wouldn't have much effect on the F3 character. Sure, maybe the wish revived the F3 character, but then it's just like he/she never got killed and everything is back to normal. And maybe choosing wealth would give the F2 hero a bit of extra cash to share with his/her new family, but if he/she becomes king, he/she is rich anyway. Choosing sacrifice affects Albion greatly, but not for the F3 hero. There'd just be a bunch of extra people around that he/she would never interact with.
More people equals a higher population and thus maybe some newly built settlements. Your character in Fable 3 might get a boost in money at some point in the game due to the wealth choice. And love means that Rose and the secret hooded man story might be explored.

Also would the game document specific events in your life like getting married five times or being arrested a lot or if you are evil will they just write a premade story based on Alignment.

(P.S Using the term F3 makes me think of Fallout 3 and being the simpleton that I am it irritates me. )

GaidenGuy123

Reaction score

I just hope they go deeper into the fact about how Rose lives too. Knowing about it makes me wish there was a DLC to explain it. And that would be a great DLC, you have a quest added on to the Main Story and each one is different based on one of those 3 choices and you can choose a good and evil story, making up to 6 ways to play it.

But back on track, I'd like to just see my guy from the scond game with my son in the childhood phase.

GaidenGuy123

Reaction score

I also forgot to mention my son died in the Rescue quest, because it was glitched. I hated that quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.