• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How Fable 3 should have ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forsvars

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, I'm actually somewhat disappointed in Fable 3. The entire game is just "meh" to me now. The story line seemed rushed, and then ending was extremely abrupt. Oh well.

Reaction score
Ye my kingdom is empty too ffs :( Bought all their houses and shops to become empty !! Even my own guards don't like me anymore... really sucks to be good eh!
OT: Yea I was really dissapointed in the way F3 ended.. Was expecting a much bigger fight since it was a countdown to the world's destruction and all that

Yep exactly the same happened to Me. I helped all those people, kept all those promises. AND FOR WHAT?!

For My entire kingdom to hate me! First thing that happened after I completed the game was for My wife to come walking up to Me and thrust a divorce paper in My face, Every time I walk past My bloody guards they sulk! You know what? Screw being nice! On My next play through I'm just going to be a total bastard instead! :mad:

As much as a total disappointment that foul ending was for Me, it took that whole event sneaking behind Me and biting Me up the arse to Make Me realise something. Looks like it's true what they say, nice guys really do finish last. :devil:

Crinch

The Bard.
Reaction score
What's up with the hate people?
So far the only people who have shown somewhat of a hate towards me were the inhabitants of Silverpines,
and some random kids when I forget to give them their autographs.

Yet I have chosen for all the good options and currently have a 1.1m debt left in my Treasury and still the guards politely greet me and the inhabitants of the other towns still give me gifts!

Reaction score
I'm not going to lie, I'm actually somewhat disappointed in Fable 3. The entire game is just "meh" to me now. The story line seemed rushed, and then ending was extremely abrupt. Oh well.

I liked the first half, it was the second half that disappointed Me. Too short, apart from the occasional side quest all I really did was sit in the throne room watching My money disappear just to keep the people I hated happy. I really should have listened to reaver. I didn't have the patience for real estate either, there was no real encouragement.

Also I was expecting a lot more from the supposedly 'cataclysmic' attack on albion, sorry to sound like a moaning git but it felt somewhat...rushed. They could have at least put a few cutscenes in there.

I didn't feel like the great ruler I was told that I was destined to be, I just felt like a complete failure to be honest. If that were Me there IRL I would have abdicated on the spot, thrown My crown onto the ground and stamped it into the dirt. I don't deserve it.

Mk Veritas

Reaction score
Hey, at least they gave us a boss battle this time.

Lets not forget fable II now...

Me: "okay i shot him in the head, but he'll probably fly back up and we'll have a sweet battle...any minute now...or not..."

Terra_Zeta

Reaction score
The ending was about as disappointing as Oblivion's ending, maybe slightly less, but it was still lame. :(

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Which makes for a most unsatisfying journey, I'm sure.

I believe my sentimentality for Walter came more from knowing the man behind him, Bernard Hill, than from the in-game conversations.

The only voice actors who I've seen in other games/movies is Simon Pegg and John Cleese both of whom I adore immensely but this game did them no justice. The only movie I've managed to recognize Bernard Hill in is the Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King and I've only seen Sir Ben Kingsley in The Love Guru but I don't think I can ever really take him seriously after that, haha. Though I must admit, I was far more attached to Sabine than I was Sir Walter Beck. I don't know... I just have a thing for crazy old guys who enjoy blowing things up.

snowblin9561

Reaction score
We need a new Jack of Blades. Lionhead nailed the first final boss fight, then lost their magic with a single bullet! 3 was a better fight than 2, but still. The ending itself was great, but it was short, rushed into, and unsatisfying. If im going to kill the physical incarnation of darkness I want it to fight me in its true form pouring darkness everywhere it touches and being all epic as it should be, not forcefeeding itself to my childhood mentor... i mean, really?

VinVin

Reaction score
I think, In my opinion..
The way I see it, the ending was pretty sweet
With all the darkness and the "Dripping black goo" as I call it.
But when I was the queen of albion, I was trying to be good and not be hated, But it was kind of hard.
I didn't think that you could make money by doing jobs and whatnot and fill the treasury up by just doing that. But now I see that you can. And I just restarted it over so I can have another chance at letting the villagers and having more soldiers live on.
But I think fable 1, 2 AND 3 Is awesome games.
and I think that they did good on the games as they went on, but fable 3 is what I like the most, more graphics added onto it and more choices you could make on your own.
I know i'm going off track but it's nice to actually talk about it in here..

But anyways! back to the topic. :]
The ending was great, even though they should have spreaded the battle areas out alittle more
and not clump it all in one big spot. But overall it was a great ending, you've got to admit.
It was better than the last two fables endings.
What would It be like if you had a ending where after you become queen OR king and you make your choices good or bad.
Then you end up with credits after that.
You can't argue with the fact that they clumped it all together, when they could have just ended it after making the choices when you become queen or king.. D:

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
We need a new Jack of Blades. Lionhead nailed the first final boss fight, then lost their magic with a single bullet! 3 was a better fight than 2, but still. The ending itself was great, but it was short, rushed into, and unsatisfying. If im going to kill the physical incarnation of darkness I want it to fight me in its true form pouring darkness everywhere it touches and being all epic as it should be, not forcefeeding itself to my childhood mentor... i mean, really?

I don't want another Jack of Blades. I do, however, want something equally as epic. Having to fight someone similar or another Jack of Blades would just ruin the quality of the game. If it's a new game, I want new stuff, not recolored or slightly altered versions of the old stuff.

snowblin9561

Reaction score
I don't want another Jack of Blades. I do, however, want something equally as epic. Having to fight someone similar or another Jack of Blades would just ruin the quality of the game. If it's a new game, I want new stuff, not recolored or slightly altered versions of the old stuff.

I didn't mean the same exact jack, just some that fits his general archetype.

Andrew:D

Reaction score
I was hoping for a battle like you see in LOTR, a Helms Deep sort of deal. Good thing I didn't expect it.

snowblin9561

Reaction score

A villain hellbent on the destruction of Albion?

yep. straight pure evil from the void. not any of this misunderstood antagonist stuff. At least a villain that can put up a good fight. I think Reaver would even be better suited.

Reaction score
agreed, but i do think walters death was quite heartwarming.
since he forces you to kill him practically.

and the fight was on quite a small scale
it should have been longer, like making the character fight in different areas around albion to hold off the shadows
I like how the ending was (as far as walter goes) im shore people kno how i feel about the ending and it isnt in a good way ha, but on the note about walter, why did he become so scared in the crawler temple, walter was cool as hell till then, my guy wasnt fazed

Status
Not open for further replies.