• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How is the game oblivion?

ReMiXeDg

Hero
Reaction score
I've heard about the gam ever sins I came onto this forum. Now could someone tell me what the game is about? And if it's good at all should I pick up a copy would you recommend it? Let me guess before searching dose the same maker as fable made it? If yes then I may pick up a copy is it anything like fable? What can you do in the game?

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Oblivion is your classic RPG with all kinds of weapons, armor, magic, and character creation. Oblivion is also the type of game where you do the main quests, go off, and do side quests, or just explore the land and do whatever you want.

ReMiXeDg

Hero
Reaction score
Alright thanks for the replys I'm going to check it out if I like it I'll pick it up tomorrow along with fable 1,2, and 3 ;)

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Go for the GOTY version, it comes with two expansion packs.

ReMiXeDg

Hero
Reaction score
Quick question, if I get the GOTY version would I be able to get the DLCs without going onto Xbox live?

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Quick question, if I get the GOTY version would I be able to get the DLCs without going onto Xbox live?

Well, apparently youre going to need XBL to download some update to play the expansions. The GOTY comes with Shivering Isles and Knights of The Nine. I know because I had the same mindset as you, thinking the expansions would be on the same disc, but they are on a seperate disc, then you have to install them. It really doesnt matter which version you buy since theyre both pretty cheap.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Oblivion, Probably or is one oft he most successful RPG games ever made, so yes, deffinetly try it out. but then again not everyone is a fan.

Theres a new one being made, its coming out late 2011, I heard..

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Oblivion, Probably or is one oft he most successful RPG games ever made, so yes, deffinetly try it out. but then again not everyone is a fan.

Theres a new one being made, its coming out late 2011, I heard..

Coming out 11.11.11 called Skyrim. Ironically i re-installed Oblivion the other day and have been playing it again and it is as good as i remember. Only this time im not as lost at the beginning as i was when i first played it. Trying to play it all the way through this time after getting my saves corrupted years ago and not playing it again.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
Coming out 11.11.11 called Skyrim. Ironically i re-installed Oblivion the other day and have been playing it again and it is as good as i remember. Only this time im not as lost at the beginning as i was when i first played it. Trying to play it all the way through this time after getting my saves corrupted years ago and not playing it again.

I did the same thing last week.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
ReMiXeD said:
How is the game oblivion
how is the beatles? ;)

i'm guilty of the same. so far i'm through 3 factions and working on the shivering isles. it's scary how much it can drag you in. :lol:

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
how is the beatles? ;)
Utter crap ;)

But Oblivion is teh awesome. I wouldn't compare it to Fable in any way whatsoever though - it's too big, different and un-Fabley. Get it. Get it nao. I'm still not bored of it and we've had it for 4 years now, I've plugged hundreds of hours into it and it never gets dull for me.

BTW Cheez - I'm doing that solely hand-to-hand character. Almost got it to Master level and can punch out Ogres in two hits, which is kind of fun.

Reaction score
I've only played it once, used a melee character last time. Think I'll go for a stealthy archer type character next time.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I want to like Oblivion. It has a lot of things going for it; the setting, the system and the game play. But there are some things that makes me unable to enjoy it. There is no sense of progress or accomplishment since the whole world levels up with your character. You don't start out weak and grow powerful; you sorta stay in limbo where everything is an equal challenge from the day you escape from prison to when you *spoiler the spoiler's plan of spoiling the spoiler*.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I want to like Oblivion. It has a lot of things going for it; the setting, the system and the game play. But there are some things that makes me unable to enjoy it. There is no sense of progress or accomplishment since the whole world levels up with your character. You don't start out weak and grow powerful; you sorta stay in limbo where everything is an equal challenge from the day you escape from prison to when you *spoiler the spoiler's plan of spoiling the spoiler*.

Yeah thats a little frustrating but that aside its a very enjoyable game.