• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"Hurry up and buy 90% of the game!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrimWhim

Reaction score
Re: "Hurry up and buy 90% of the game!"

Lynne;420040 said:
Obviously, since I frequent this forum, even if it is usually as a lurker, I think that means exactly the opposite. That I DO care, even as a casual gamer, for the quality of the game, and will gladly pay good money for a quality game. We don't know that Fable III isn't a quality game. We don't know that it's not worth it.

Actually, it really doesn't mean anything. Mostly because these forums are comprised of multiple sub-forums each one dealing with a different game or different topics. I never said anything about the quality of Fable III so I'm not sure why you brought that up.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

GrimWhim;420031 said:
What I said had nothing to do with intelligence. Exactly, you have no idea what it's like to be a poor gamer who actually gives a damn about the quality of a game. You just want something to pass the time and because of that, game developers have realized your kind will gladly pay out the pass for anything they put together.

If you think I'm an asshole, that's fine but I'm not doing anything to warrant a suspension or a ban. However, telling me what to do as if I were a child only earns my hatred and as of now, I have no intention of showing you respect, playing nice or anything of the sort. Whether you care or not is irrelevant but if it makes you feel better, feel free to say you don't.

You will at the very least be considerate to others if you want to remain a member of this community. You've received your first infraction, not for this post but for the 3 days so far of you provoking others and insulting them, several times already I've seen you provoke Necromancer11 and others for no good enough reason.

You are entitled to your opinion as is everyone else, the rest of you members (you know who you are) need to refrain from responding to him in a hostile manner just because his opinions are offending to you, it only escalates things further and sparks unnecessary arguing with inevitable insults. Want to say something insulting to him? Then take my advice and hit the damn back button on your browser or you'll be punished as well.

Grim, you can do yourself some good and everyone else by refraining from unnecessary remarks towards other members about their intelligence and whatnot when they've done nothing to you other than annoy or frustrate you, keep it all to yourself.

Lynne

Reaction score

I frequent these forums because I enjoy Fable on a slightly more than casual basis. And what I meant is that I care about the quality of Fable III. And many casual gamers also care about the quality of the games they play, even if they don't really obsess over them. The casual gamers can spend the money to get the extra content, but we mostly wont. That stuff is stuff for you guys, the hardcore. I really think Lionhead does a lot of that extra stuff for you guys, the people who will buy them. I love Fable, but I'm not gonna buy a new controller just to have one Fable themed. That stuff isn't directed to casual gamers, who will probably just buy the game itself and be done.

I think too I read somewhere that Fable 3 had to make a **** ton of money- I forget what the consequences were if they didn't, but it could be why they are pushing so many different marketing tactics.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
The Tyrant Lord;418766 said:
Actually, the tattoos from the pre-order bonuses make 2 quests available in Aurora, 1 for each...

do they! where does it say that?

Necromancer11;419316 said:
It's called an
editkj.gif
button.

just why, Necromancer11? he already apologised for a double post, and not everyone has the dedication to delete the post, hit the edit button, then re-write the message again. as much as i hate to say it, unless someone else posts before, as i cant see the thread while im writing this message, i may be double posting.

GrimWhim

Reaction score

joslen1;421497 said:
just why, Necromancer11? he already apologised for a double post, and not everyone has the dedication to delete the post, hit the edit button, then re-write the message again. as much as i hate to say it, unless someone else posts before, as i cant see the thread while im writing this message, i may be double posting.

Actually, you can't delete your message at all. But don't worry about it. He had been harassing me before but he hasn't said or done anything in a while.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

joslen1;421497 said:

An apology doesn't just magically make something alright if it's against the rules, which double posting is. If you have something else to add after you've already posted, just click the edit button and write it instead of clicking the reply button and writing it. Are you really under the impression that that takes "dedication"?

GrimWhim;421649 said:
Actually, you can't delete your message at all. But don't worry about it. He had been harassing me before but he hasn't said or done anything in a while.

I don't harass you, I respond to your unsettling behavior.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

GrimWhim;421734 said:
Definition of harassment.

Definition of torment.

Please, try to make another lame excuse to justify your actions.

Yes, yes, we all know what they mean, but none of that is specific to me. Try finding examples of times that you felt you were being harassed and then we'll talk.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Necromancer11;421876 said:
Yes, yes, we all know what they mean, but none of that is specific to me. Try finding examples of times that you felt you were being harassed and then we'll talk.

not that i really want to get involved (which means i really want to get involved) but why don't both of you avoid each other as much as you can, or don't rise to each other, because it will cause problems. just, try not to get into arguments with each other, or make it too serious or personal.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Guys, don't start this crap again.

Blestb

Colour me intrigued
Reaction score

OR SHE WILL GET YOU

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

Blestb;421910 said:
OR SHE WILL GET YOU
Who?
The cat or the kitty?

I'm taking a week of from work just to play this game, and get it out of my system, otherwise I won't get any work done :p

On topic, I don't really have anything new to say...
I still hate you for doing this, Lionhead or Microsoft or whoever is behind this tormenting way of getting players to buy extra items just to get the in-game goodies...

Go f*ck yourselves!

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

joslen1;421890 said:
not that i really want to get involved (which means i really want to get involved) but why don't both of you avoid each other as much as you can, or don't rise to each other, because it will cause problems. just, try not to get into arguments with each other, or make it too serious or personal.

I don't try to start anything, but when he makes an accusation like that, I'm going to defend myself.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score

Necromancer11;422017 said:
I don't try to start anything, but when he makes an accusation like that, I'm going to defend myself.

you can be better than that. or at least i can. normally. grim gets on my nerves a bit sometimes, but i've since learned that if you talk back, the person your talking back to talks back wore, and then you talk back worse etc etc and then someone gets 'got' by scary town guards/ admins/ etc.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

I love pie <3

Ithan

Berserker
Reaction score
Re: &quot;Hurry up and buy 90% of the game!&quot;

I'm getting the limited edition myself, simply because there are no games for a few months I have even a slight interest in, and will be getting the book also, since it is only 10 dollars and will hopefully be interesting.

Controller though? Unless I get some more overtime or some bonus of some kind from work, I doubt I will get it, 60 dollars is a lot for something I have three of already.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score
Re: &quot;Hurry up and buy 90% of the game!&quot;

Ithan;422042 said:
I'm getting the limited edition myself, simply because there are no games for a few months I have even a slight interest in, and will be getting the book also, since it is only 10 dollars and will hopefully be interesting.

Controller though? Unless I get some more overtime or some bonus of some kind from work, I doubt I will get it, 60 dollars is a lot for something I have three of already.
Halo: Reach
Dead Rising 2

Two GREAT games to kill time while waiting for Fable III :p

September, October and November is looking veeery nice ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.