• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I can't. I just can't.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
So, after the most flaccid, most bland console reveal to date, the new Xbox has been revealed under its new name Xbox One. I wish I was joking.

Here's the worst part: It blocks used games and has always-on DRM, but, only if the developer decides to use it. The system uses a cd-key account system, that requires you to pay an additional fee to play used games.

The fact they used sports games and COD to reveal their console does not put me in the most spirited of moods. The PS4 reveal had jaw-dropping moments with Deep Down and Knack.

I guess you could say they're saving it for E3. E3 is for the games; a reveal show is for the specs. But Sony knocked the ball out of the park, when you're selling a games console, you show the games. Not repeatedly yell at a machine to go go gadget HBO. And don't even get me started on the Halo TV show...what place did that have at a console reveal show? Spielberg couldn't even bother his ass to show up!

Also, built-in Kinect means dat price gon' be ridiculousss. £350/$500? Eh. *moth flies out of wallet* Eh heh.

Let's all huddle together and laugh at each companies' stock changes of the past couple hours.
NVS8i3M.png

Hmm. Yes. Preordering my PS4 as we speak.

MI3-Kazification.gif

'Bout sums it up.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
It was boring. Very boring.

And all the effort for only a 1 hour show.

meh.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
link to ps4 reveal pweaaaasssssee queeeeeeenieeeeee? =]

And yeah I agree with you all, xbox show sucked. I recently bought a ps3 as I'm getting more into sony again. Plus I just wanna play some old games...

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
link to ps4 reveal pweaaaasssssee queeeeeeenieeeeee? =]

And yeah I agree with you all, xbox show sucked. I recently bought a ps3 as I'm getting more into sony again. Plus I just wanna play some old games...

It was boring. Very boring.

And all the effort for only a 1 hour show.

meh.

I had to move around my schedule for this too. Waste of time. Literally.

Xbox One? wtf... so its like a prequel? >_<

I don't understand their logic with this either. They totally 180'd on the 360.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Cheers, I will say I'm a bit disappointed in the design of the new dualshock but aside from that those ten minutes kicked the living **** out of xbox's sixty minutes. :p

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Cheers, I will say I'm a bit disappointed in the design of the new dualshock but aside from that those ten minutes kicked the living s*** out of xbox's sixty minutes. :p

Yeah, the controller is a bit iffy but the overall presentation of the console so far is pretty impressive, despite the actual appearance not being revealed yet. I'm less concerned about the looks of both consoles, and more concerned with what they can do and what they offer. And the PS4 is light years ahead in my mind.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Just watching the full reveal atm that Knack you mentioned, although not my type of genre it does looks very good also I could swear I heard femshep at the beginning of it's trailer. :O

Comparing both the presentations I'd have to say Playstation's intro was ten times more exciting and their presenters in general are more genuine and down to earth, Xbox seems rather pompous compared to the two guys presenting the PS4.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

Hahahahaha! You're ****ting me? Xbox is already losing imo and now they go do something like that? A lack of backwards compatibility for even one generation behind?

Meanwhile at Sony;

"We're gonna make it so you can play ps1, ps2, psp, & ps3 in the near future on upcoming techs"

Hmmmm..... I wonder who will sell more? :lol:

Edit: In fact I think I wanna kiss this third presenter working with GaiKai what a beautiful idea! :w00t: brb gotta change my pants.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Edit: In fact I think I wanna kiss this third presenter working with GaiKai what a beautiful idea! :w00t: brb gotta change my pants.

My only problem with Gaikai is the net side of things. What happens when your net cuts out? Does the game stop completely? Which would mean a native backwards compatibility function would be optimal.

111487.jpg

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
... why is your Twitter in Swedish, Queen? Are you stalking me somehow?

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Now, why would you live into that kind of place!? You should move where the internet is stable! - Ex-MS employ.

That is exactly the kind of thing these people actually say.
... why is your Twitter in Swedish, Queen? Are you stalking me somehow?

Says the guy wearing my lace panties. =]

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm still not hearing a "no".

*goes dancing naked in front of the window*

Aaaanyway. Are we certain it isn't 1st of April rather than whatever day it is? This console is butt-ugly, has a stupid name as well as stupid DRMs and anti-used games mechanics built into it.

Who in their right mind would want one?

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm still not hearing a "no".

*goes dancing naked in front of the window*

*falls out of tree* AH!
This console is butt-ugly

943335_10201187594361679_1235747584_n.jpg

Aaaanyway. Are we certain it isn't 1st of April rather than whatever day it is?

It is beginning to look like one helluva very unfunny joke after reading this...
IGN said:
Microsoft executive Phil Harrison, in an interview with Kotaku, has some potentially bad news. The aforementioned 'fee' to play games on a second account? Full MSRP. So unless you want to use your account for your entire family, you'll be dishing out an extra $40, $50, $60 for siblings or friends to try out new games.

I just -- wut.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Unbelievable.

It is like they are intentionally pushing their customers to the limit just to see just how far they can go. Surely it must be some sick experiment!

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
The news gets worse and worse I think I'll just get a PS4 just to save my wallet getting butthurt let alone all the awesome stuff it does while mopping the floor with the vcr's grandad.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I skimmed this thread, but I think I've got the basics.

No backward compatibility.

Possibly penalties for playing used games.

Internet connection required.

It's going to take some f*cking amazing games to motivate me to buy this thing because this is looking pretty terrible.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I just had an idea. What if the PS4 ends up having this really funky design. Like, it looks like a spaceship or something and it ends up flying around mid-show.

Or you're playing a game on it and it starts heading for the window and you're like, "God damnit PS4, get back here!"

Something like this.

I'd buy the thing on that basis alone.