• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I Hate Customization!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikpik

The Divinity of Hope
Reaction score
One, it's kind of racists with all of the Heroes being WHITE.

Actually... Thunder (I think that was his name), Whisper and Garth were from Samarkand, very African looking. Also, it's just reflecting the times. When travel was hard, ethnic groups didn't spread very much. In Albion, the natives have fair skin. That still goes to today in some areas of the world, in the Middle East you're likely to the majority of people who look Arabic. Same goes for Auroa. In Latin America, you'll likely find a majority Hispanic. In East Asia, you're likely to find East Asians. So on and so on. Albion isn't so far in the future that travel is easy and it can be as diverse as America or current day U.K.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
But Whisper and Thunder were tools..>.> Garth was okay, ONLY because his voice actor was from the show Firefly. <3 :) Some racial customization would be nice. :)

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
Clearly your crippled in the creative department. Fable IS customization. That was the ONLY reason i played Fable... it has an okay plot but customization was really the only reason i played it and thats the only reason i sold Fable III... there was nothing left to do... so please, if you want to work in the video game industry...
dont.

Arestia

Aerista
Reaction score
What I mean is that the Hero, the main character isn't black. Is it the genes or what?

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
1. Customization is great, but I agree with you that the actual Storyline is much more important, and if you have a bad story, who really cares if you can customize your character? There are many linear games that are great because the stories are good, for example: The Halo Series, The Mafia Series, Max Payne, Hitman, etc.

2. As for the game being racist, I don't believe that at all. The reason the main character is Caucasian is because he is from Europe, specifically Albion(England). If the Hero is to remain of William Black's bloodline, his race would remain Caucasian unless his father married someone of a different race, and since we have not yet been able to travel to Samarkand(Africa), or the East(Japan), we do not have that option.

*In Fable I, I believe that the village of Snowspire's inhabitants were of Samarkandic(African) descent. I could be wrong, but they seemed to have a darker skin tone; this was hinted at since the tattoos of the ancient warriors of the village were white, so they would show up better on dark skin.

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
it's just that Peter gets people too hyped up.
Haha, that's just your fault for getting suckered into the hype like the marketing department wanted you to! ;)

While armor was great, many people didn't want to have to wear armor just to survive the quests. Now that it's built into other unseen parts of the game, I feel more free to wear whatever I want, whenever I want. I thoroughly enjoy this aspect. Sometimes I wear giant suits of armor, sometimes a snappy vest (sometimes a kilt, woo!). I think the hero is more bad-ass when he carves his way through Albion with minimal aesthetic protection than when he's encased in shining steel.

Through the games, I'd say it has become more ethnically diverse than anything else. Now that we have Aurora in addition to the many black NPC's roaming about, we see more colors, cultures, and styles. I think it's all depicted rather appropriately for the (relative) time period.

Warpedhero

Warped Hero
Reaction score
Actually, the game was more realistic when armour was required to survive the quests.

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
Perhaps, but it doesn't lend much bad-assitude (unless you do the naked boasts).

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
Honestly, I think they should allow you to create your own clothing... similar to the design cards for hair, makeup and whatnot, you should be able to get "Clothing Cards" that have say.. a certain type of collar.. or maybe some different shaped buttons, trench-coat style... and that would also include armor types too.. like different types of shoulder blades or a certain material... You could possibly go out to search for ore, or some type of material like Platinum.. supposedly the hardest metal in all of albion or Obsidian... same for weapons too. You could buy a pre-set generic weapon.. like a cutlass or a katana.. and there would be different decorated hilts and blade materials.. it wouldn't be that hard to develop either.

Rose's Guardian

Reaction score
LeafySuburb said:
Honestly, I think they should allow you to create your own clothing...

I agree with you! The dye was a good start. It would make the game much more creative and interesting.

excalibur97

Reaction score
The whole time period Fable 3 is set in, doesn't really call for armor. We are in an industrial setting, not a medieval fantasy. Plus not having armor that is better than other armor, is good I think. Fable's about being who you want to be (or atleast trying) so by not having to wear _______armor because it's better than the other armor, even tho it doesn't look as cool, I think is a good idea.

jakdax

the legendary hero Hood
Reaction score
eh its been awhile since i was on but dam that thread starter is a troll i do agree i miss armor but seriously allow the clothes deal with the time period the fable 3= industrial so all the clothes pretty much fit fable 2= highwaymen period so its a little before industrial revolution and everything fit fable tlc= medieval/folk era so of course their would be all this badass metal armor. as for from scratch clothes that be great although they should allow u to pick models for the clothes like u just want jack of blades armor :steve:

excalibur97

Reaction score
eh its been awhile since i was on but dam that thread starter is a troll i do agree i miss armor but seriously allow the clothes deal with the time period the fable 3= industrial so all the clothes pretty much fit fable 2= highwaymen period so its a little before industrial revolution and everything fit fable tlc= medieval/folk era so of course their would be all this badass metal armor. as for from scratch clothes that be great although they should allow u to pick models for the clothes like u just want jack of blades armor :steve:
If they allowed you to pick models then that character wouldn't be as unique. Sure I do think have Jack of Blades, Thunder, Walter, or Garth's outfit would be cool. But I just don't think those characters would be as unique. But hey, that's what mods are for. I hope that one day they do get enough tools to do something like that...

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
What I mean is that the Hero, the main character isn't black. Is it the genes or what?
Actually, yes. It is genes. The character from Fable 3 (and 2 and 1) are descended from William Black, the first of Albion's heroes. We can assume he was white since most of Albion's people are. It's not racism just because the story takes place in an imaginary country where the indigenous people are white. Aurora and Samarkand feature people of different ethnic backgrounds. The story of Fable isn't centered in those places though. It's centered in Albion.

Why did the developers center the story in Albion and make the majority of its population white? I can't answer FOR them, but I can speculate the reason: They are British and the majority of Britain is white. You might as well blame the Japanese for centering all of their stories in Japan.

Status
Not open for further replies.