• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I Hated Fable 3 for One Reason:

What did you despise about Fable 3

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Ok, maybe I completely missed something here but I was under the impression that PM wanted to steer away from the traditionally held concepts of RPG and wanted to head more towards action/adventure. Therefore, all the comparisons between other RPG's and Fable games are not quite applicable? Again, my information might be incorrect but I was sure PM said something along those lines some time last year, maybe...

Indeed. Somehow they felt that butchering Fable and chop out all the good parts would make the game better...

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
I'll act as I please , peasant.
I also dislike long walls of text, so I'll just make it clear that it's a game, you're overthinking the morality system, you have to remember, this is a Fable. You've got to understand that freaking horns grow out of your forhead if you are evil.

WUTBM

Reaction score
However the poll is horrendously bias.

underthestarrysky

Lionheart.
Reaction score
Politics aside, I did not like how you had to run errands for every single person if you wanted to become their friend.
Also the fact that you had very limited conversation options. I didn't like playing Pat-A-Cake with the beggars, nor did I like having to dance with the nobles. Fable II was limited as well, though it gave you the option of handing them a gift, which is a lot easier than having to go dig up letters and deliver scrolls.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Ok, maybe I completely missed something here but I was under the impression that PM wanted to steer away from the traditionally held concepts of RPG and wanted to head more towards action/adventure. Therefore, all the comparisons between other RPG's and Fable games are not quite applicable? Again, my information might be incorrect but I was sure PM said something along those lines some time last year, maybe...

I'm not going to stop comparing Fable III to all the other great RPGs just because PM didn't want to call Fable III an RPG, despite the fact that it fits the definition perfectly..

EFDisaster

Reaction score
yeah, that whole sentence/paragraph was a little wonky, but I was pretty sure you wanted to gouge your eyes... not gauge them.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm not going to stop comparing Fable III to all the other great RPGs just because PM didn't want to call Fable III an RPG, despite the fact that it fits the definition perfectly..
Not arguing with you - just thought that's something PM said. My information is very likely completely false, however :)

I am curious as to what Fable could be compared with though, if it has indeed been moved from standard RPG to...whatever it now is, according to the powers that be...?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Not arguing with you - just thought that's something PM said. My information is very likely completely false, however :)

I am curious as to what Fable could be compared with though, if it has indeed been moved from standard RPG to...whatever it now is, according to the powers that be...?

That's how he's trying to get you! "You can't compare Fable III to other RPG's, because it's an Action Adventure!"

They're the same thing, PM, stop being all semantical.

Status
Not open for further replies.