• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I have installation problems with Vista

M

Mozillo

I have installation problems with Vista

I put the CD in, it comes up with the install thing. it starts installing and then it stops, it just stops at this one file .lut file
I have only gotten past that once and when i did, i popped the second disc in, and it got stuck on some finalalbion file.

I have already played and finished the game, but that was on my brothers computer abd he removed it from his pc so i can now use it

i forgot to mention that i am installing fable: lost chapters

oh and i am trying to instal it onto my laptop which i got in august

the file is scriptdialogue.lut it sticks at that and never proceeds

then i eventualy get an error message

E

Enigmatic Engine

Re: I have installation problems with Vista

yeah i had the same problem make shure your disk is clean thats what was wrong with mine but it might be because you are runnin vista if you got your laptop in august but that usually happens post-install hope it helped, p.s. welcome to the forums

M

Mozillo

i cleaned my disk many times. I also yelled at my laptop and kicked a radiator which hurt like hell!!!!! but this is so annoying, i want to go take over Oakvale, Snowspire, the new place in lost chapters (i forgot the name) and bowerstone only usuing my fists. oh and the woodland place which the only name i have in my head is free glades but that is from the edge chronicals so of course it is wrong

Oh and thank you.

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

Welcome to the forums.

Someone on the fourms said that it has something to do with a sound card.

M

Mozillo

how am i meant to fix a sound card?

M

Mozillo

the link leads to a page saying "sorry no matches found"

M

Mozillo

how do you check what your sound card is?

Triz

Woot! Food =)
Reaction score

..er.. I don't have Vista, but your best bet is to go to My Comptuer, try to find an info page under Media and Sound.

I

iZ0mB3h

Yeah. I'm having problems just installing the deggum thing. I did it once before but then i had to uninstall it cause it wouldn't work... now it won't even read the disk...

M

Mozillo

my sound card is a sigmaTel high defination audio CODEC

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Mozillo;152006 said:
I put the CD in, it comes up with the install thing. it starts installing and then it stops, it just stops at this one file .lut file
I have only gotten past that once and when i did, i popped the second disc in, and it got stuck on some finalalbion file.

Maybe they got corrupted on the disc, .lut files are usually associated with Audio i believe. Isnt Final Albion part of a mod with Albion Explorer?

Could try and make sure all your drivers are up to date.

M

Mozillo

but on my brothers computer (which he has had for about 3 years) it worked when he first got his computer. And i got my computer in august (2007) and it doesn't work... i blame vista mainly

Q

Qizzi

I got the same problem with the Finalalbion_RT file, it keeps saying i need to verify it and that i can access it.
However the other file also got stuck there but it was gone when you really clean ur disc very good.(be sure theres no deep scratches, otherwise it could be the disc after all)

Shadow Knight

The Great Knight of Evil
Reaction score

Try my sig if its a laptop! if it turns out to be the disc after following the instructions in the link the make a Iso of your disk using MagicIso (search google) then use MagicDisk (search google again its by the same company) to mount it and use it then you could simply use a no disk crack to run it or continue mounting it when you want to play but that can get tidious.

if your gonna use mods then at least burn fable disk one to a disk, I could give you a link to the program to do it.