• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I just got promoted XD

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I make more than my mother now! I can't really believe it, where there is a will there is a way. I can finally afford to be independent. First things first, I need to get a proper gaming Pc ;)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Well done, I too am trying to save for a new gaming PC (as you will have likely seen with my thread and constant posts) and recently received a pay rise too.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Well done, I too am trying to save for a new gaming PC (as you will have likely seen with my thread and constant posts) and recently received a pay rise too.
Mine was significant, my yearly income just doubled. I have one of the most coveted jobs in my community.

I keep holding off on buying a Pc, I want only the best in my rig and futureproofed, as it's a glorified toy its always been the last on my list :/ I'm going to brake a cardinal rule and buy a prebuilt rig, I found a place that offers 5 year warranties on all parts, free upgrade paths, an no interest financing.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Mine was significant, my yearly income just doubled. I have one of the most coveted jobs in my community.

I keep holding off on buying a Pc, I want only the best in my rig and futureproofed, as it's a glorified toy its always been the last on my list :/ I'm going to brake a cardinal rule and buy a prebuilt rig, I found a place that offers 5 year warranties on all parts, free upgrade paths, an no interest financing.

Mine was only by an extra £2000 a year but still any extra was most welcomed and I was only staff member to get one.

Im building my own (have 3/4 of parts ready to go) still need a CPU/GPU/Monitor and Windows and im set.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Mine was only by an extra £2000 a year but still any extra was most welcomed and I was only staff member to get one.

Im building my own (have 3/4 of parts ready to go) still need a CPU/GPU/Monitor and Windows and im set.
I know if you have windows 8 you will get a free upgrade to windows 10 this year.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I know if you have windows 8 you will get a free upgrade to windows 10 this year.

I don't have a computer currently (browsing on phone at min) normally I use computer at work or my wife's 8 year old laptop as mine is as good as dead.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I don't have a computer currently (browsing on phone at min) normally I use computer at work or my wife's 8 year old laptop as mine is as good as dead.
My family comp is on its last legs and my mom uses the laptop as a footstool so haha a new Pc is infact a priority. I have never bought a 'big ticket' item before so idk I almost feel guilty in a sense.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
My family comp is on its last legs and my mom uses the laptop as a footstool so haha a new Pc is infact a priority. I have never bought a 'big ticket' item before so idk I almost feel guilty in a sense.

This will be my first gaming PC in about 8-9 years so I'm really excited to jump back in. However my cash situation is grim at moment as I have so many things to pay for, so it's frustrating currently.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
This will be my first gaming PC in about 8-9 years so I'm really excited to jump back in. However my cash situation is grim at moment as I have so many things to pay for, so it's frustrating currently.
It was looking dire for me aswell, (proper) healthcare is now mandatory, we were going to starve paying it until I got this promotion. I'm just going to sock my money away for awhile live like nothings changed, then get a car, and my first home. It's weird but its amazing how many things you suddenly have to pay for when you move up. I really wish I had a partner to contribute.

I in some small chasm can relate to your situation, I got a small line of credit to boost my score, then winter hit and my earnings dwindled, luckily I nipped it in the bud but that sense of fear was terrible.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It was looking dire for me aswell, (proper) healthcare is now mandatory, we were going to starve paying it until I got this promotion. I'm just going to sock my money away for awhile live like nothings changed, then get a car, and my first home. It's weird but its amazing how many things you suddenly have to pay for when you move up. I really wish I had a partner to contribute.

I in some small chasm can relate to your situation, I got a small line of credit to boost my score, then winter hit and my earnings dwindled, luckily I nipped it in the bud but that sense of fear was terrible.

Glad things turned around for you and I'm not struggling to live or anything. My cash is being used for holiday to Vegas and going to Amsterdam for my first wedding anniversary in May too as well as some music gigs and festivals.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Glad things turned around for you and I'm not struggling to live or anything. My cash is being used for holiday to Vegas and going to Amsterdam for my first wedding anniversary in May too as well as some music gigs and festivals.
Nice! I live quite close to Vegas, only Amsterdam can top that haha.

My friend is in the Navy and sails the world, one side effect to his horrendous suffering is I get free vacations to exotic places around the world. This year I'll be going to Japan, hopefully I'll comeback not a zombie.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Nice! I live quite close to Vegas, only Amsterdam can top that haha.

My friend is in the Navy and sails the world, one side effect to his horrendous suffering is I get free vacations to exotic places around the world. This year I'll be going to Japan, hopefully I'll comeback not a zombie.

Japan looks like an awesome place and I have never been. Been to quite a few places around the world but that hasn't been one of them "yet".

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Japan looks like an awesome place and I have never been. Been to quite a few places around the world but that hasn't been one of them "yet".
I'm not really the traveling type, California is a parking lot now and I accept it. But I gotta have some fun or I'll look back when I'm 45 and kick myself in the arse. Japan's one of those places you gotta go. I really wanna visit Cuba someday hopefully with the trade agreements that will become a bigger possibility. Try me a real cigar haha.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I'm not really the traveling type, California is a parking lot now and I accept it. But I gotta have some fun or I'll look back when I'm 45 and kick myself in the arse. Japan's one of those places you gotta go. I really wanna visit Cuba someday hopefully with the trade agreements that will become a bigger possibility. Try me a real cigar haha.

I love seeing new places and cultures, my wife is afraid of flying but managed to get her on plane to Vegas for our honeymoon and she loved it. So we booked to go back again this year, then she said she had always wanted to go to Amsterdam so we booked that too.

My parents have been to Cuba and really liked it there. It's a big world out there and be a shame to not see as much as you can.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I love seeing new places and cultures, my wife is afraid of flying but managed to get her on plane to Vegas for our honeymoon and she loved it. So we booked to go back again this year, then she said she had always wanted to go to Amsterdam so we booked that too.

My parents have been to Cuba and really liked it there.
It's cool my middle school buddie's father works for Boeing they get free flights I go up north every year and visit.

I'm happy for you Drakan, I need to bag me a girl she'll walk into my life someday :p
Life's good.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Thank you kindly Sir, I can't honestly believe I'm growing up. I can't even..

I've always been on this site, it's the best.

I will be 30 next year, we started these forums when I was 21 and our first forums when I was around 16-17... that is a scary thought.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I will be 30 next year, we started these forums when I was 21 and our first forums when I was around 16-17... that is a scary thought.
For me it was the 7th grade, after typing lessons in keyboard class we were aloud to explore the internet. I had no idea what to search for, so I typed in Fable and here I am to this day. I believe I was 14, now I'm 22! I mean not to be philosophic but this site is a part of my childhood. Fable the series taught me a few things. Mostly that evil was fun haha.

But nonetheless I have enjoyed all your company and the minds we have shared.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
For me it was the 7th grade, after typing lessons in keyboard class we were aloud to explore the internet. I had no idea what to search for, so I typed in Fable and here I am to this day. I believe I was 14, now I'm 22! I mean not to be philosophic but this site is a part of my childhood. Fable the series taught me a few things. Mostly that evil was fun haha.

But nonetheless I have enjoyed all your company and the minds we have shared.

Had some fantastic members in this community over the years and we have valued every single one of you and loved having you all here over the years. These forums have played a big part in my life too and taught me a lot since we very first opened them to the public.