• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I think Albion Guards are Mentally..... ill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack 0f Blades

Reaction score
Anyway, Don't you find it stupid when your king and you own for-say Bowerstone market Weapon shop, you go in there at night time (I go in too see the stock - dont steal it) and they come in there and say

"HEY this is private property get out"

I thought I owned it =[.

mourningwaffles

Reaction score
Yep. I do love the fact that I can wreak havoc on towns now without being arrested or assaulted by them, though. They just try to guilt-trip me now that I'm queen.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Anyway, Don't you find it stupid when your king and you own for-say Bowerstone market Weapon shop, you go in there at night time (I go in too see the stock - dont steal it) and they come in there and say

"HEY this is private property get out"

I thought I owned it =[.

Err... the same thing would happen in real life albeit with the police. You may own the building but you're renting it out and what's inside of it is not yours (unless you put it there). So yes, it's still considered theft.

TheLine

Yarr! I am TheLine
Reaction score
Err... the same thing would happen in real life albeit with the police. You may own the building but you're renting it out and what's inside of it is not yours (unless you put it there). So yes, it's still considered theft.
But your the king of the country.

mourningwaffles

Reaction score

Actually, I'm thinking you're not renting out the shops, you own them...if you were just renting them to the merchant you wouldn't set the prices of the shop, you'd set the rent.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
But your the king of the country.

And you think kings don't get in trouble? Granted, you don't actually get in trouble once you're king... the guards are just there to harass you.

Actually, I'm thinking you're not renting out the shops, you own them...if you were just renting them to the merchant you wouldn't set the prices of the shop, you'd set the rent.

When exactly do you set the prices of the shop? Because I've never seen that option before.

mourningwaffles

Reaction score
After you buy a shop, to the left you should have an option saying "Sell" and then below it one that says "Adjust Prices". Anytime you select a shop you own on the map/select the shop sign you get those options.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
I dunno. I think with shops is makes sense. I know you kind of own them since you apparently set the prices, but that always seemed weird to me and I've always intepretted it as changing the building lease. A business lease is far more expensive then the money you make from a house, and the amount you charge on the lease generally affects the price of goods in the store. If I have to pay more rent, I have to charge more to cover the costs.

Infact, I still think its really odd that if you own a Tavern you can loot the rooms freely. I know I'd be ****ed if was staying in a hotel and the manager had just helped himself to my luggage.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
After you buy a shop, to the left you should have an option saying "Sell" and then below it one that says "Adjust Prices". Anytime you select a shop you own on the map/select the shop sign you get those options.

I'm pretty sure that's still the rent, not the actual prices in the store.

I dunno. I think with shops is makes sense. I know you kind of own them since you apparently set the prices, but that always seemed weird to me and I've always intepretted it as changing the building lease. A business lease is far more expensive then the money you make from a house, and the amount you charge on the lease generally affects the price of goods in the store. If I have to pay more rent, I have to charge more to cover the costs.

Infact, I still think its really odd that if you own a Tavern you can loot the rooms freely. I know I'd be ****ed if was staying in a hotel and the manager had just helped himself to my luggage.

Exactly! How would you guys feel if someone just came along and started taking your stuff? You'd probably beat the hell out of them, right? Well... I hope you would. If not, I'd like to propose a business deal...

mourningwaffles

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that's still the rent, not the actual prices in the store.

I don't see why it wouldn't say "Adjust Rent", like it says for houses, instead of "Adjust Prices" if you were just adjusting the rent. Doesn't make sense.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I don't see why it wouldn't say "Adjust Rent", like it says for houses, instead of "Adjust Prices" if you were just adjusting the rent. Doesn't make sense.

Go into the shop and tell me if the prices on the items change at all. Because I don't see why they would implement the ability to lower the prices on shop items... that's like... a cheat, within the game.

mourningwaffles

Reaction score
They don't, I've already checked lol. But that doesn't necessarily mean they don't change for the general population. Also, once you buy a shop, the merchants can often be heard saying things like "This shop is owned by a real live adventurer, so you know its good stuff!", etc. And if you've ever gone up to the cash register of a shop you own, the option is "Use" instead of "Steal". I don't see why you'd be allowed to take a cut of the profits unless you owned the shop, as well as the actual building. You could be right, its just from what I've seen/noticed, owning the actual shop itself just seems to make more sense in my opinion. Maybe it's more of a partnership with the merchant, since you can't take things from the shelves for free without it being stealing.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Lionhead has made the game somewhat realistic so often times it's best to look at it from a "real world" angle. In this case, you can't go into a building you're leasing and start taking people's stuff. You can kick them out, sure, but even then you have to follow certain rules. Unless you're right and corrupt and can pay people off... but that's another story. Honestly, you can just chalk it up to poor game development on Lionhead's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.