• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I want to sit down!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose's Guardian

Reaction score
In all three of the Fable games it is impossible to sit down. But what if the hero gets tired or needs to just get away from killing bandits or monsters all the time? It's exhausting work! In the next Fable game I think that the hero should be able to sit down because in Fable 2 the hero couldt not even sleep sitting or lying down, even with all that furniture. Next time the hero has to sit down or I might have to file a complaint to Lionhead studios! :p

UnholyKing

UnholyKing
Reaction score
i argee with you the sould be able to sit dowm on throne

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I think it needs to go a step further than that and have a hell of a lot more player interaction and item interaction in general.

Pikpik

The Divinity of Hope
Reaction score
Yes, it doesn't even seem that hard and would let me play a little more after the initial story line is complete. I could sit down and act as if I'm having a kingly meeting, then shoot my advisor's head off for disagreeing with me. Ah, the memories I could make. <3

Rose's Guardian

Reaction score
Yes I totally agree with you, that would definitely make the game alot more interesting.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Though it does make it seem more interesting and is awesome when you leave the game on overnight to collect rent, it just reminds me of Oblivion too much, so I rather the Fable team work on more pressing matters like loading and npc a.i.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Though it does make it seem more interesting and is awesome when you leave the game on overnight to collect rent, it just reminds me of Oblivion too much, so I rather the Fable team work on more pressing matters like loading and npc a.i.

In what way does it remind you of Oblivion? Im replaying Oblivion right now and i cant say that anything in it reminds me of Fable. If anything Peter should be looking at Bethesda for some inspiration instead of removing more and more RPG elements and steering Fable down the action adventure path.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
The sitting part. It is only in Oblivion that I see sitting (Sorry, I despise Oblivion for wasting my good money. It bored me a lot. Skyrim should be better though). Anyway, yes, I think you have a point there where Lionhead should look to Bethesda for RPG elements, but the biggest aspect of the Fable series has always been about choices. If anything, they should look to Bioware and Projekt RED. The Dragon Age series and Witcher 2 was all about choices, too, and they did very good jobs at it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The sitting part. It is only in Oblivion that I see sitting (Sorry, I despise Oblivion for wasting my good money. It bored me a lot. Skyrim should be better though). Anyway, yes, I think you have a point there where Lionhead should look to Bethesda for RPG elements, but the biggest aspect of the Fable series has always been about choices. If anything, they should look to Bioware and Projekt RED. The Dragon Age series and Witcher 2 was all about choices, too, and they did very good jobs at it.

Ive loved Oblivion, only parts i thought lacked inspiration and started to get repetitive are the Oblivion Gates outside each town that need closing before towns will help you. Its essentially the same thing repeated over and over with a slight variation in level design inside the gates themselves. The side quests are really well varied though and ive spent 25 hours on them alone so far.

I think the main thing Fable is missing is a conversation system and choices with that. I among others have previously stated how stupid Fable's interaction makes us feel and the use of expressions to interact with NPC's is a poor way of communicating. You cant get attached to any characters when to interact with them you have to Fart, Flap arms like a chicken and angry roar at them etc like someone with a strange type of Tourettes who has had a nasty bump on the head.

Status
Not open for further replies.