• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Interstellar

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
After seeing this super-hyped blockbuster yesterday I must say my long lost faith in Hollywood has not been restored.
8/10 for the cinema experience
7/10 for the movie overall

At least this is a movie worth watching and actually recommendable, not like the questionable success like Guardians of the Galaxy (how can anyone rate the movie a perfect 10 is beyond me).

I have higher hopes for Gone Girl when I see it eventually.

Have you folks had any worthwhile cinema experiences recently?

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I watched it in IMAX and honestly that caliber of special effects made me dizzy and nauseous. It was nowhere near as good as 2001 a Space Odyssey and it's obvious that it was inspired by that movie. Still far superior then the same old comic book movie we've been fed for the last decade.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
We don't have IMAX here, but the major turnoff for me in that regard was the sound. It was way too loud at points. Since we have subtitles anyway and I automatically read them even when unnecessary, I didn't have a problem with hearing the dialogue, which some people on the net complained about.
When compared to the CGI fest that is Transformers, I'd say the execution was a lot cleaner.

I have missed many legendary films and 2001 is one of them. Need to speed up watching that list I guess.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
When this song came on it was the best part of the movie, I felt so mortal at that point. It was worth watching to anyone who isn't sure. It transports you off this planet into space to shake hands with death.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I enjoyed it, a lot to take in at some points as you were bombarded with info but thought it was good and another great performance by Mcconaughey in an ever growing list.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
MM was good, but I felt he was too much like Rust (True Detective was amazing in general). We were wondering if he talks like this in all of his films.

The space scenes were pretty awesome. I remember the moment they docked with Endurance and this one guy opened the hatch I was already expecting the usual sci-fi hissing and whirling effects, but then the door moved with very subtle clicking sounds. Emphasized the scale and emptiness of space indeed. These are the parts the movie did great.

The emotional drama - no so much.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
MM was good, but I felt he was too much like Rust (True Detective was amazing in general). We were wondering if he talks like this in all of his films.

The space scenes were pretty awesome. I remember the moment they docked with Endurance and this one guy opened the hatch I was already expecting the usual sci-fi hissing and whirling effects, but then the door moved with very subtle clicking sounds. Emphasized the scale and emptiness of space indeed. These are the parts the movie did great.

The emotional drama - no so much.

Watched Mud & Dallas Buyers Club with him in recently too & he was superb in both of them.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I recently saw a film called Guardians of The Galaxy in IMAX was amazeballs. Wanted to go and see the new Dracula but never got round to it, wouldn't mind going to see Interstellar & Nightcrawler.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Just to update on this thread. I saw Gone Girl yesterday and it rocked. I was not let down. Way better than Interstellar. Recommended.