• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[INTERVIEW] Super Happy Fun Time Show Interviews Molyneux

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score
[INTERVIEW] Super Happy Fun Time Show Interviews Molyneux

Molyneux_title.jpg

http://shfts.com/?p=1422

Shift said:
Peter then spoke at length about the problems with downloadable content or ‘DLC’. He said that he found it incredibly difficult to maintain interest in DLC once a game has been released. He cited the content Lionhead created for Fable II and how he had to get the marketing machine rolling again every time more DLC was made in order to drag people back to playing the game. It was at this point that he dropped a bit of a bombshell. He revealed that within Fable III there will be a shop. From this shop the player can buy clothes, items, weapons and even additional content with Microsoft Points. That’s right, he is proposing to release additional content in a piecemeal manner via this shop for a few nickels and dimes. He boasted that new content would arrive on a daily basis as it was terribly small and easy to create.

It was at this point my mind was racing. Not with excitement, no. It was with rage and fury. I was madder at that point than the average PC gamer that wants Activision’s and Infinity Ward’s blood over the Modern Warfare 2 dedicated server mess.

Why was I so mad? Well what Mr Molyneux is proposing here is creating a two tier gaming experience, one for people with more money than sense and the other who have no intention of paying out money for a red hat because it looks ‘cool’. Now this is the first time anyone had heard about this new feature in Fable III, so no one really knows the ins and outs of how it’s going to work. We’re just going to have to wait and see how it pans out in the final game.

SHIFT said:
Question 9 – The anticipation model was raised frequently during the presentation, how does that marry with the micro-transaction that is going to be present in Fable III?

In response to this question, Peter said that the two modes of game play are at odds with one another and there is a risk of people buying their way to the parts of the game they should have earned. To overcome this there should be a way in which the game prevents the player using an item until they reach a certain level. He did conced however that there is the distinct risk that monetising too much of the game can result in it becoming fundamentally broken.

I have to say, the questions were more based around milo, but they were just as interesting

Psychosis

Reaction score
Re: [INTERVIEW] Super Happy Fun Time Show Interviews Molyneux

I have a question. What the HELL is 'Super Happy Fun Time Show'? I refuse to defile my Google searchbar with such nonsense. It sounds like some kids' programme to me.

Mandaly

Hullabaloo
Reaction score

Psychosis;347079 said:
I have a question. What the HELL is 'Super Happy Fun Time Show'? I refuse to defile my Google searchbar with such nonsense. It sounds like some kids' programme to me.

http://shfts.com/ Just from the few seconds it took for me to defile my google searchbar I found that this is "A Podcast About Video Games".

hobbes_pwn

Man's Best Friend...Hobbe
Reaction score

I have to say it is true about the table, honestly though Molyneux wasn't upset it is a joke, it wasn't saying we hate molyneux.

ojox the blob

Reaction score

When I first read that I actually said "That is so cool," to myself but it actually isn't at all, does that mean that the majority of items will have to paid for with MS points? That's terrible.

Psychosis

Reaction score

If that is the case then I am definitely not purchasing a new Xbox 360 next year.

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score

argh..........

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

There is a lot of controversy over Fable 3. I have very mixed feelings. :unsure:
But until it comes out, and I play it for myself I don't know what to think. I just hope it's not totally messed up, so I quit playing it. :(
November 2010, is a long ways off, lot's can change till then. +rep

AON of Greatnes

Man-Bane
Reaction score

as long as it extra stuff and not stuff that was supposed to be in the game the first time around i see no problem with it

Status
Not open for further replies.