• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

[INTERVIEW] Ted Timmins Reveals There Is 88,000 Weapon Combinations in Fable III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluedrake

Reaction score
Re: [INTERVIEW] Ted Timmins Reveals There Is 88,000 Weapon Combinations in Fable III

From what I understand, you have basic weapons type:

Swords
Cutlasses
Hammers
Pistols
Rifles
(haven't seen maces in the previews)

And they change depending on how you use them. So there aren't that many weapon types, just the ability to change them as you use them. I think they removed crossbows.

Lithary

Reaction score
Re: [INTERVIEW] Ted Timmins Reveals There Is 88,000 Weapon Combinations in Fable III

It would be cool if you could have crossbows, axes, maces and few more weapon types...

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Lithary;402814 said:
It would be cool if you could have crossbows, axes, maces and few more weapon types...

don't we have crossbows, axes and maces...?

Lithary

Reaction score

They didn't show them or even talked about them so I don't think so...
Plus... I think I saw somewhere the info that we will have only 4 type of weapons and that those will be gun, rifle, sword and hammer...

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Lithary;403032 said:
They didn't show them or even talked about them so I don't think so...
Plus... I think I saw somewhere the info that we will have only 4 type of weapons and that those will be gun, rifle, sword and hammer...

Keyword "think"
If you're not sure its best you shouldn't say. Could bring up a lot of unnecessary discussion and etc.

And by the way a rifle is a gun.

Lithary

Reaction score

I was thinking about gun as pistol and rifle as, well, rifle...
And btw... I did say I think because that's what I think and I have right on my opinion :p
And I said that it would be cool if you have all those weapons as if it was my wish to have them and not that it is confirmed that will be unavailable...

Reaction score

Sorry but I’m going to be a bit of a pessimist and lean with the borderlands fiasco until i see proof of otherwise I hope PM lives up to his word

SandsOfTime404

Philanthropist
Reaction score

Eh, I don't think it'll be like Borderlands. Well, it will, but we won't randomly find weapons spewing out of fallen enemies bodies that look the same with minor, if not totally unnoticeable changes to the design. I'm fairly certain that the 88K possible weapons is just a mathematical combination of everything.

For example, say perhaps 4 weapon types to choose from, then 3 or so categories that affect appearance, and one that affects how well they work and against what they'll work best. Then take all the possibilities for those categories. Throw it all in an equation and voila. There's your 88K possible outcomes. I have a feeling it all depends on how they're used.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

I will use a sword and pistol and that will be it. I'm glad they are got rid of bow and crowsbows, I hate those. I am still waiting for a silencer, though...

Lithary

Reaction score

I love bows and crossbows and think that they should be back... at least crossbows...
I don't like guns, but I don't want them out of the game...
I don't understand why people want to remove something from game that is optional...
That game is not made only for you you know...
Will use only sword (probably a rapier, if I can have one) and magic...
I only we could have dual weapons then I would have 2 rapiers... ach *.*

Status
Not open for further replies.