• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is it bad to consider self-inflicted injury just to get out of going to your job?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Re: Is it bad to consider self-inflicted injury just to get out of going to your job?

JohnDoe;397276 said:
Haaaaaaa he's lucky they don't just take him out back and shoot him. Everywhere I've gone, people in sales are treated as a lower life form, maybe a little more valuable than a dumb, tick-ridden dog, and dogs don't get holidays off. Tsuyu here probably works holidays in place of humans who do get holidays off.
I never got paid holiday either in any of my jobs - I was asking in case he was one of those lucky lucky people who get paid to relax. I was always the monkey who worked for peanuts whilst the organ grinders sat on beach drinking cocktails.
Purple Nurple;397428 said:
I like your thinking :sly:
I exploit business loopholes all the time - that's what they're there for. If you can't be bothered to make a water-tight contract then don't start bleating when your employees take full advantage of your sloppiness and take liberties. When we owned a company three years ago one of the employees tried to screw us out of a sizeable amount of money using the often-mistaken view that overtime means being paid for your extra hours. No, it doesn't. Unless it's specified in your contract, either verbally or in writing. Time and a half/double time doesn't exist either on that basis. Needless to say, they got nothing out of me and sensibly didn't try to pursue it either - their contract was entirely verbal with the previous employer and when that person no longer held the company, that contract was effectively terminated. I offered a meeting to draw up new working terms but they refused and so they paid for it by working overtime for me for free thinking they would be entitled to a huge payout. Silly, silly people... :devil: :D