• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is it just me?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Still manages to be between 3-5 pages of threads and replies for me to view when i log-on and im on everyday so id most definately say no the website isnt dying but as others have said the Fable III section is the busiest section. Most people who are here and posting want to know about that. So activity is sort of centred there for now while the game is new. We take time to post game news/articles most days and people view it but they just dont comment on it but cant force people to comment.

Fairfax King

Reaction score
Still manages to be between 3-5 pages of threads and replies for me to view when i log-on and im on everyday so id most definately say no the website isnt dying but as others have said the Fable III section is the busiest section. Most people who are here and posting want to know about that. So activity is sort of centred there for now while the game is new. We take time to post game news/articles most days and people view it but they just dont comment on it but cant force people to comment.

I agree, but the post I was talking about that was the newest for 4 hours was in the fable 3 section "/

but what do you think of the game itself ?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I agree, but the post I was talking about that was the newest for 4 hours was in the fable 3 section "/

but what do you think of the game itself ?

Maybe it was merely lost in new threads as there seems to be a lot of new ones posted rather quickly.

Playing it now and although its not earth shatteringly brilliant and doesnt do that much special that other games havent already done im enjoying it. Had one very minor bug but thats it and its improved on some of the things i disliked in previous Fable games so im taking it at face value and its not bad. Still makes same mistakes as older games in some areas too but every Fable has done the same with poor NPC interaction, annoying expression system and comedy in areas that didnt warrant it.

Fairfax King

Reaction score
Playing it now and although its not earth shatteringly brilliant and doesnt do that much special that other games havent already done im enjoying it. Had one very minor bug but thats it and its improved on some of the things i disliked in previous Fable games so im taking it at face value and its not bad. Still makes same mistakes as older games in some areas too but every Fable has done the same with poor NPC interaction, annoying expression system and comedy in areas that didnt warrant it.

I felt the same way at first but I personally in my own opinion feel that the game was to short, the glowing trail mucked up and didn't appear half the time, i very much dislike the new shops, as you can only buy/steal what is on display, whereas in other fables you had a long list to look through so you didn't have to waste time travelling to one place to buy one thing.

It was good, Its got boring, Now I think it's kind of a let down.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I felt the same way at first but I personally in my own opinion feel that the game was to short, the glowing trail mucked up and didn't appear half the time, i very much dislike the new shops, as you can only buy/steal what is on display, whereas in other fables you had a long list to look through so you didn't have to waste time travelling to one place to buy one thing.

It was good, Its got boring, Now I think it's kind of a let down.

The shop thing took a while to get used to and i can see what they were going for but it makes it hard to locate items. My glowing trail has been fine so far, sometimes it disappears but if you stand still it comes back. I like the new quest menu i have to say.

Fairfax King

Reaction score
The shop thing took a while to get used to and i can see what they were going for but it makes it hard to locate items. My glowing trail has been fine so far, sometimes it disappears but if you stand still it comes back. I like the new quest menu i have to say.

I guess it has its good points and bad points :)

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Fable III can just die... This forum shall live on.

Is that a serious statement, or do you suggest that if it was up to you, Fable III could just drop dead?...

Either way, YAEH the forums don't die, and YAEH I just keep playing Fable III, 'cause I love it! Wuhoo!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Im still enjoying it and ive enjoyed it more than ive enjoyed a Fable game for some time so far. Stories pretty good, some decent choices to make so far and...

The bits with the darkness are really well done.

Havent got to the end yet but i think so far most parts have been a vast improvement.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Im still enjoying it and ive enjoyed it more than ive enjoyed a Fable game for some time so far. Stories pretty good, some decent choices to make so far and...

The bits with the darkness are really well done.

Havent got to the end yet but i think so far most parts have been a vast improvement.

Is that some sort of spoiler fael? Ó~ó''

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Forgot we got tags working again. :lol:

They've been around a while, now. :p Still though, sometimes they're weird. Getting multiple spoiler buttons for one piece of text. /=/
Anyway, I agree with what you said in the spoiler. ^_^ It was pretty cool.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
They've been around a while, now. :p Still though, sometimes they're weird. Getting multiple spoiler buttons for one piece of text. /=/
Anyway, I agree with what you said in the spoiler. ^_^ It was pretty cool.

Yeah i remembered after i posted but as it was a while ago i forgot.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
It's threads like this that are causing the death of this website. People just don't bring up anything interesting to talk about any more.

Also I'm not implying there's never anything to talk about, because there is - but these types of threads are useless.

Fairfax King

Reaction score
It's threads like this that are causing the death of this website. People just don't bring up anything interesting to talk about any more.

Also I'm not implying there's never anything to talk about, because there is - but these types of threads are useless.

sorry mate, don't cry, don't see how a thread can kill a website? if this thread was to say "THIS WEBSITE SUCKS DONKEY D**K" then maybe, but this thread asks a question that if you don't wish to be a part of then don't bother posting back :)

AND

The question of is the website dieing is not even the main focus if you read all the comments, its a debate on fable 3 :)

and well done to being the first hater on this thread.... maybe you should have read my edit to the first post saying how I meant no offence asking that question, and was just wondering.....

EDIT: ♦♣♠ This website doesn't suck "Donkey D**k" I was just using that as an example of what I could say to trash the website, this site is probably the best forum site around for ALL things fable ♦♣♠

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE??????

HEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPP!

Yeah, I'm in an off-topic mood. I'll go report myself to myself later. Who knows? I might even give myself a jolly good talking-to and maybe even a spanking if I think I've been REALLY bad. Sounds like a lot of disciplinary fun to me...

P.S. - I've yet to encounter a lot of the issues others have had with Fable 3 and therefore, to me, it's a very enjoyable and fun game which I have completed about 6 times now. At the moment I can't play any video games because our screen is so damn big it makes me feel sick to watch anything moving on it but as soon as that dies down I'll be playing Fable 3 again :)

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

Yeah, I'm in an off-topic mood. I'll go report myself to myself later. Who knows? I might even give myself a jolly good talking-to and maybe even a spanking if I think I've been REALLY bad. Sounds like a lot of disciplinary fun to me..

there'll be no need for that. i already reported you. :troll:

Fairfax King

Reaction score

Yeah, I'm in an off-topic mood. I'll go report myself to myself later. Who knows? I might even give myself a jolly good talking-to and maybe even a spanking if I think I've been REALLY bad. Sounds like a lot of disciplinary fun to me...

P.S. - I've yet to encounter a lot of the issues others have had with Fable 3 and therefore, to me, it's a very enjoyable and fun game which I have completed about 6 times now. At the moment I can't play any video games because our screen is so damn big it makes me feel sick to watch anything moving on it but as soon as that dies down I'll be playing Fable 3 again :)

Haha your randomness makes me chuckle =D

Yes indeed, the bugs only came around the first week of release, not sure how long they lasted, and I've completed it twice :)

Is it just me or does the campaign not really get boring, only after the campaign? :)

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
there'll be no need for that. i already reported you. :troll:
I know you did, you dirty troll. And now I have to spank myself...Hermit isn't around to help and I'll bet he'll be kicking himself over it later ;)
Haha your randomness makes me chuckle =D

Yes indeed, the bugs only came around the first week of release, not sure how long they lasted, and I've completed it twice :)

Is it just me or does the campaign not really get boring, only after the campaign? :)
I think there was a lot of expectation surrounding what was said regarding once you were king/queen and this led to people being horribly disappointed (except me because I never listen or even begin to read about hype when I want to enjoy a game due for release) - I think there could have been more to do once you reach royal status and beat the campaign but then there does have to be a point where it all ends. I mean, Fable has always run out of things to do after a certain point, which is fine, because there's only so much you can create within one game. Sure, if there was all the time and money in the world then Lionhead could invent the neverending video game but the you'd just end up with something that I think would ultimately get boring. Even my favourite game ever, Oblivion, runs out of things to do eventually - and that's a much bigger world than Fable with far more to do in it. Sure, there is room for DLC or perhaps an add-on a la Shivering Isles but that remains the prerogative of Lionhead, I guess.