• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is it true?

L

Lala

Is it true?

Heya,

Ok - this might seem like a stupid question as I'm looking EVERYWHERE for an answer, but I'm still at work and I called my boyfriend who went out and bought Fable 2 because -I- wanted it and he said that you can only have one character because the save simply overwrites the same file over and over again. We have Fable 2 on the Xbox 360. Is this true? Will I have to wait for him to finish the game before I can play with my own character? Or is there a way to have two saved games?

K

kdg1986

Re: Is it true?

I would imagine that a separate gamer profile would allow for a separate character i.e. I sign in as KDG UK and play happily my other half signs in under her gamer profile and plays happily.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Im thinking the same as the above poster, im sure that 2 gamertags would be able to have different profiles. Also id have thought you could just turn Auto Save off and pick to save on whichever profile. Failing that you could always invest in a memory card and keep the saves seperate if for some weird reason the others werent possible.

K

kdg1986

Thats gotta be all the reasons going for getting round the problem failing that stump the 120 so quid and buy another console then no fights over who gets to play either....

N

Necronomnicon

you can also play as a henchmen on co-op ...

P

P3NGU1N

No. That is absolutely false. It has to be. Common sense would dictate that when you select to merge characters in the Fable 2 pub games there are 6 slots for the gamblers and 6 slots of heroes. This means that you can have ATLEAST 6 characters.

Common sense and thinking wins again.

You're welcome.

NateMio

Randooooooooomnezz
Reaction score

P3NGU1N;219438 said:
No. That is absolutely false. It has to be. Common sense would dictate that when you select to merge characters in the Fable 2 pub games there are 6 slots for the gamblers and 6 slots of heroes. This means that you can have ATLEAST 6 characters.

Common sense and thinking wins again.

You're welcome.
Common sense or not... i saw on a review on youtube that there were only 1 save >_>

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Maybe it's one save per gamer tag?:unsure:

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

this is true as far as i know. i havnt tryed to start a secound game, but you dont seem able to select a different save file. or load one for that matter. you only get the options of continue and new game. so just start a secound gamertag.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Im pretty sure they'd let you make more then one profile.. They did in Fable I..?

Well deffienetly you can save to a different gamertag anyway

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

well, like i said, it does appear to be that way, but i havnt tryed to do it yet. i would assume you can, although it will not allow you to save on two different files with the same character. but i garentee you can just use a different gamertag.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Hmm weiiiiird.

Oh well Im only going to use 1.. then ill delete then start a new one then delete.. and so on.

N

novarag

the answear is simply no, go ahead and make a new character and then save and exit and and then select continue and you will see that there both there safe and sound

N

Ninjanoob509

if it is true, that would really suck... i like haveing my mulitple carecters i can go to... and changing gamer tages takes a little while... gay
but any way i wount know for sure till friday

Twilight

Reaction score

Iv seen streamed vids with people using different characters. I see him playing his completed file and his new file.

T

Tymolus

novarag;220030 said:
the answear is simply no, go ahead and make a new character and then save and exit and and then select continue and you will see that there both there safe and sound

Did you personally try that?

M

Malikh

Tymolus;220048 said:
Did you personally try that?

Whether they have or not, i have. I want to say the max is 6 separate characters, but you can definitely have more than 1.

If you want to be sure, start up a second account (not necessarily a Live account) and create 2 characters.

S

Seargant Mitch

I'm trying it tommorow, will confirm for all you guys not willing to lose your saves :p