• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Sword of aeons evil?

lavenderbolt

Reaction score
Is Sword of aeons evil?

well, i don't know but sword of aeons is always considered evil weapon by many people playing the game that i met and also the game. but is it really evil? to get it you must sacrifice sister but so what, it's just a weapon. beside it helped william black to defeat jack of blades and the Court too. i feel it's so unfair for the sword

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score
Re: Is Sword of aeons evil?

The Hero couldn't even leave the Chamber of Fate with the damn Sword. :( So I guess it's evil.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

The Tails of Albion reveal that the Sword of Aeons originally belonged to Jack of blades , but was stolen from him by William Black (first hero ever), when the latter was sucked into the Void.
The sword spoke to Black, promising to help him slay the court if he surrendered his soul. This was agreed, and Black used the sword to defeat the three members of the Court, and ultimately free Albion.

^was evil... but then helped free albion...

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

The Sword is evil. Will just managed to do a little (well, a lot) good using it against it's original master. If you read on (which I'm sure you have), the Sword then corrupts the Old Kingdom.

In the game, if I'm not mistaken, you get evil points if you decide to take the Sword and slay your sister.

lavenderbolt

Reaction score

that why i said the game considers it evil, it just a weapon, it talked to will, of course, but depend on the way people use it, it may evil or not. i think will was attracted by its power so he corrupted the old kingdom, if avo's tear belonged to jack then it would turn to evil, right?

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Arseface;347522 said:
The Sword is evil. Will just managed to do a little (well, a lot) good using it against it's original master. If you read on (which I'm sure you have), the Sword then corrupts the Old Kingdom.

In the game, if I'm not mistaken, you get evil points if you decide to take the Sword and slay your sister.
absolute power corrupts absolutely

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

That's not really how the Tales interpret it though. It's more like everyone who was running the Old Kingdom was corrupt, and Will just didn't have the energy (because of the Sword) to try and combat it. In the end he just disappears.

jwc2200

Reaction score

You get a lot of evil points for killing Teresa and keeping the Sword of Aeons. The pics show alignment before and after the Jack fight quest.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

I think the evil points you get for taking the sword is mostly because you killed your sister, not because you took the sword.

As for the sword being evil, it's very debatable, but ultimately, it's based on opinion. I don't think there's a definite answer.

Mattbees

Reaction score

Really the sword isnt evil its just misunderstood. The sword doesnt kill your sister you do. The sword just wants to help its owner like a good sword should

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Again, old thread.

Apple Pie

BOOM! Headshot
Reaction score

The sword is evil but it's not worth getting it. Just buy the Solus Greatsword from Bowerstone North and you got the best weapon in-game.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

Old threads need to be locked.

Dragonzzilla

Dragon of Blades
Reaction score
Well, brought by Jack. Jack came from Void. Void is cesspool of evil and destruction. So yah, Aeons is Evil