• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is there an offline mode in fable 3 PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emma

Reaction score
Is there an offline mode in fable 3 PC?

Broadband internet and identity required for Fable III Games for Windows – LIVE online service!...gamerscore, automatic updates, Game Add-ons & cross-platform communications...earn Achievements and up your Gamerscore across Games for Windows – LIVE and Xbox LIVE...

"designed with Games for Windows – LIVE at the core, delivering a seamless online gaming experience from start to finish"

"Fable III is the first Microsoft Games Studios title to show how seamless online gaming can make its world more compelling."

Will there be an offline mode?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Is there an offline mode in fable 3 PC?

Of course there will be. They're just using it as a selling point, but you can bet your house there'll be singleplayer.

Emma

Reaction score

Arseface;429108 said:
Of course there will be. They're just using it as a selling point, but you can bet your house there'll be singleplayer.

The online is for singleplayer tracking you the whole time and probably for things like the in-game shops.

I know you need to log in with a live ID for the game but my question is do you have to be connected to the internet the whole time?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

I sincerely doubt they'd force you to be connected to play the game. EA probably would, but we know what they're like.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Hi Emma. Welcome to the forum. :)

I'm with AF on this one; you almost certainly will not need a constant, active internet connection to play Fable 3 on PC. Of all of the Games For Windows and Games For Windows Live games I have, not a single one requires that you remain online while playing. Unlike, say, Splinter Cell: Conviction or Command & Conquer: Tibirium Twilight which will kick you off the game if your internet connection so much as drops for a second.

From my understanding, an internet connection for any Games For Windows Live game is only required if you wish to validate your game, allow for the ability to unlock achievements, and play online with others. And this check is only performed once.

So, yeah, while I don't have a concrete answer for you, I will say that I'm confident that you will not need a constant internet connection.

Emma

Reaction score

Okay, many thanks to both of you!

Dentie

Reaction score

Emma;429109 said:
The online is for singleplayer tracking you the whole time and probably for things like the in-game shops, I know you need to log in with a live ID for the game but my question is do you have to be connected to the internet the whole time?

u can make an offline account for microsoft games ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.