• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jack of Blades Armor Problems

T

TheLastGuildsman

Jack of Blades Armor Problems

Hey everyone, this is my... well, it's my second post here. I'm not a noob when it comes to modding and spawning items and such in Fable TLC, but what I have recently are a few minor problems. I came into possession of a JOB armor set that is pretty well put together. But I can't seem to get it through my spawned chests. I use Albion Explorer for my spawning, Would that have anything to do with this?

Yes, I use AlbionExplorer for the actual spawning, FE and CBOX for the loading of the fmps. It's worked on all my other spawned objects EXCEPT for this set.

Would I be better off changing my mesh for my hero and going JOB that way, or does anyone have a better solution?

Hit me back please,
TheLastGuildsman

OldBoy

Reaction score
Re: Jack of Blades Armor Problems

If you've managed to spawn other stuff, this should work just fine, post the code of the chest here, there might be an error.

I wouldn't recommend changing meshes, since it has multiple side effects that you don't want. Better to get the clothes working.

wulfric

Professional bigot-slayer and redneck-eradicator
Reaction score

im having some troubles of my own with the suit!
i downloaded a mod recently i got it from here
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&goto=39675&&srch=jack+of+blades+outfit#msg_39675
and i put it into a chest inside the chamber of fate using cbox, a few random "unauthorised access" notices came up as it saved itself but when i entered the game it would only let me open the chest, and then the game crashed saying that fable tlc had stopped working!? WTF
i've recently had troubles with the arqubus gun aswell (as jwc2200 and darkened soul know) so could someone please help!

T

TheLastGuildsman

NewThing Object;
Player 4;
UID 18446765874686296151;
DefinitionType "OBJECT_CHEST_OPENABLE";
ScriptName NULL;
ScriptData "NULL";
ThingGamePersistent FALSE;
ThingLevelPersistent FALSE;
StartCTCPhysicsStandard;
PositionX 0.0;
PositionY 0.0;
PositionZ 0.0;
RHSetForwardX 1.000000;
RHSetForwardY 0.000000;
RHSetForwardZ 0;
RHSetUpX 0;
RHSetUpY 0;
RHSetUpZ 1;
EndCTCPhysicsStandard;
StartCTCTargeted;
Targetable TRUE;
EndCTCTargeted;
StartCTCEditor;
EndCTCEditor;
StartCTCChest;
ContainerContents[0] "OBJECT_HERO_BOOTS_JACK";
ContainerContents[1] "OBJECT_HERO_SHIRT_JACK";
ContainerContents[2] "OBJECT_HERO_TROUSERS_JACK";
ChestOpen FALSE;
EndCTCChest;
Health 1.0;
EndThing;

This is the code, straight from the editor.

jwc2200

Reaction score

Other than the coordinates I don't see a problem with it. Why don't you have coordinates that place it in an area of a region that you can easily get to?

T

TheLastGuildsman

The way I have it set up (or just the regular way Albion Explorer works I suppose) is that once the chest is created it appears in the top right of the screen. Then you work on all the factors that need to be changed, save the changes, then drag and drop the chest to the location you desire. Saving after that automatically puts the coordinates in there for you. I guess that's just how Albion Explorer works, but that's the way I've been doing it.

S41NT

Is there anything left?
Reaction score

That's weird. I don't see a noticeable error in the code unless I'm missing something. If worst comes to worst, instead of doing a mesh swap, you could always just have a bandit drop it or something.

T

TheLastGuildsman

I don't know how to set up item drops by enemies. Is there a link to a tutorial or guide somewhere I might have missed?

S41NT

Is there anything left?
Reaction score

Yup, here's a .fmp you can download but also if you scroll down further into that thread, he explains how to manually put whatever you want dropped, yourself.