• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Jack of Blades masks...

E

Etzenos

Re: Jack of Blades masks...

I never played Fable II, I just know the story, though its not very clear to me. (You don't have to explain it to me).
I just hope Fable III is better than Fable II , personally I don't think it was that well done, plot-wise.
My fav game is Still Fable: TLC. =]

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

Etzenos;314578 said:
I never played Fable II, I just know the story, though its not very clear to me. (You don't have to explain it to me).
I just hope Fable III is better than Fable II , personally I don't think it was that well done, plot-wise.
My fav game is Still Fable: TLC. =]
Agreed! Fable: The lost Chapters is probably my favorite game currently... Though my favorite game of all time is still River Raid for Atari... I think I still have it in a box somewhere. I'm gonna go hook up my Atari now! :lol:

profitstealer66

Reaction score

Mikhail;314479 said:
She lived because the game (Fable II) is suggesting that the Hero of Oakvale was good and because she, as well as the heroes from both games, are descended from the Archon's, all of whom were immortal.
However, There is a book called The Hero of Oakvale, found in Fable II. It claims that The Hero wielded The Sword of Aeons, in which case he would be evil. Though it's speculated that either the writer confused Avo's Tear for The Sword of Aeons because of their similarities or that it's merely a joke since, obviously, Theresa wouldn't be alive if The Hero had killed her in order to keep The Sword.

wait, if you are a decendant from the archons, (implying your immortal), then is the HoO walking around in albion today??

and can you kill an immortal? because if you cant, then that would explain why theresa is still alive! eh?

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

profitstealer66;314661 said:
wait, if you are a decendant from the archons, (implying your immortal), then is the HoO walking around in albion today??

and can you kill an immortal? because if you cant, then that would explain why theresa is still alive! eh?
It's speculated that The Hero of Oakvale spent his final days in a place called Serenity Farm, located behind a Demon Door in Oakfield.
Though for all we know he could still be alive, yes.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Mikhail;313655 said:
I was just curious cause, I read the Tales of Albion thing online and I've noticed Jack of Blades has three masks, one on his face and two at his waist. Do the two masks on his waist belong to the Queen and Knight of Blades?
the knights and the queens

E

Etzenos

Mikhail;314683 said:
It's speculated that The Hero of Oakvale spent his final days in a place called Serenity Farm, located behind a Demon Door in Oakfield.
Though for all we know he could still be alive, yes.

Well, Scythe/William Black was only immortal due to powerful spells. So Theresa could have rediscovered those spells again and become immortal. Apparently they did not like the HoO that much, so they killed him off, lol.

Aions;314698 said:
the knights and the queens

What is that supposed to mean?

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

Etzenos;314752 said:
Well, Scythe/William Black was only immortal due to powerful spells. So Theresa could have rediscovered those spells again and become immortal. Apparently they did not like the HoO that much, so they killed him off, lol.
Where did it ever say that he used spells to stay alive? It said that The Archon (Scythe/William Black) and his descendants were all IMMORTAL. Theresa and both heroes are descendants of The Archon! I think it had something to do with his powers of Will yes but not because of some spell... Just his immense Will Power alone keeping his body alive.

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score

The bloodline gets cut in half every time a new generation comes (unless you marry a sibling or cousin... *shudder*). It's been a long time since the Old Kingdom collapsed and since William Black defeated the King and Queen of Blades, so obviously, the bloodline would be quite thin. Also, in Fable II, you are able to master all Strength, Skill and Will. However, the three Heroes specializing in their attribute are still stronger than you in that principle of Heroes.

I'm thinking that Theresa is pretty normal in terms of Strength, and obviously terrible in Skill (hell, she's blind), but is a master in Will. That's the thing that is keeping Scythe, and probably herself alive. She has enough Will that she can see the future.

The Hero of Oakvale would be a master of all three (unless you decide to focus on only one or two), and would not have nearly enough Will to keep himself alive and immortal.

As a side note, while playing with Trainers, I maxed my Strength and Skill, had no spells and set my age to 18. I found out that although I was only 18, I looked like a rotting old man (65). However, when I leveled my Will Power once, I looked 18 again. And also, I don't remember what I had in my stats, but at age 65, I looked 18.

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

Arladerus;314898 said:
The bloodline gets cut in half every time a new generation comes (unless you marry a sibling or cousin... *shudder*). It's been a long time since the Old Kingdom collapsed and since William Black defeated the King and Queen of Blades, so obviously, the bloodline would be quite thin. Also, in Fable II, you are able to master all Strength, Skill and Will. However, the three Heroes specializing in their attribute are still stronger than you in that principle of Heroes.

I'm thinking that Theresa is pretty normal in terms of Strength, and obviously terrible in Skill (hell, she's blind), but is a master in Will. That's the thing that is keeping Scythe, and probably herself alive. She has enough Will that she can see the future.

The Hero of Oakvale would be a master of all three (unless you decide to focus on only one or two), and would not have nearly enough Will to keep himself alive and immortal.

As a side note, while playing with Trainers, I maxed my Strength and Skill, had no spells and set my age to 18. I found out that although I was only 18, I looked like a rotting old man (65). However, when I leveled my Will Power once, I looked 18 again. And also, I don't remember what I had in my stats, but at age 65, I looked 18.
ALL ARCHON'S WERE IMMORTAL! And they ruled Albion for thousands of years!

E

Etzenos

Mikhail;314868 said:
Where did it ever say that he used spells to stay alive? It said that The Archon (Scythe/William Black) and his descendants were all IMMORTAL. Theresa and both heroes are descendants of The Archon! I think it had something to do with his powers of Will yes but not because of some spell... Just his immense Will Power alone keeping his body alive.

Oh. Damn you guys who wrote that thing about the "King" of Blades!
Or maybe I just remembered wrong. o_O

Arladerus;314898 said:

Lol, never tried that. Then it seems that Will is keeping you alive.

Mikhail;314979 said:
ALL ARCHON'S WERE IMMORTAL! And they ruled Albion for thousands of years!

Didn't they all eventually get corrupted and evil and stuff?
Maybe that's why the bloodline was becoming "undone"?

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

Mikhail;314479 said:
However, There is a book called The Hero of Oakvale, found in Fable II. It claims that The Hero wielded The Sword of Aeons, in which case he would be evil. Though it's speculated that either the writer confused Avo's Tear for The Sword of Aeons because of their similarities or that it's merely a joke since, obviously, Theresa wouldn't be alive if The Hero had killed her in order to keep The Sword.

Or the writer was the same guy who wrote The Fall of the Guild. He's trying to convince people that the Hero of Oakvale was evil. :lol: Albion history was never well documented hence it's never accurate.

E

Etzenos

seress;315063 said:
Or the writer was the same guy who wrote The Fall of the Guild. He's trying to convince people that the Hero of Oakvale was evil. :lol: Albion history was never well documented hence it's never accurate.

Oh. Lol, imagine JoB didn't die and he was the writer. :O
So I guess most of the stuff they tell us about in the game (the history and stuff) isn't accurate? Then why bother telling?

seress

majo no messenger
Reaction score

Etzenos;315198 said:
Oh. Lol, imagine JoB didn't die and he was the writer. :O

OMG! How did you know? :O
*applaud*

Etzenos;315198 said:
So I guess most of the stuff they tell us about in the game (the history and stuff) isn't accurate? Then why bother telling?

Coz it's Fable? :lol:

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

Etzenos;315198 said:
Um... First off, that's how history is in real life and second, it's cause that's how it is in real life! :p

E

Etzenos

seress;315236 said:
OMG! How did you know? :O
*applaud*

OMG, I just discovered I'm psychic at the age of 100!
Jk, I'm like 12.

seress;315236 said:
Coz it's Fable? :lol:

Yea, Fable's history is pretty vague.

Mikhail;315246 said:
Um... First off, that's how history is in real life and second, it's cause that's how it is in real life! :p

...Yea.......I knew that. :D

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

Etzenos;315254 said:
OMG, I just discovered I'm psychic at the age of 100!
Jk, I'm like 12.
You're "like 12" so not actually 12? That's confusing. Also did you just renounce the fact that you were 100 while retaining the fact that you've just discovered you're psychic? Cause that was pretty sneaky there I almost didn't notice. Good job! +rep

This thread has more posts than any of my other ones!

X

Xeon

what..... *Goes a thread backs and checks*

oh.. this is another thread!

my repy in your other said:
The thought has crossed me a few times, someone mentioned it a couple of weeks ago. The problem is that Jacks body was destroyed after William Black killed the knight and before he killed the queen, I'm not sure how he could obtain the masks after being trapped in the void for centuries. Do we even know if the queen, knight and jack whore masks like the ones he wears and carries in his belt?

Mikhail

Legend
Reaction score

Little_Sparrow;324949 said:
spelling mistake. Its either : who wore, or wore.

Yeah, I know that. It's what's called a joke, Sparrow.
Also, I'd appreciate you not bumping my thread. Thanks. :p