• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just a few pointers for beginners! :P

Killermartha

Elijah
Reaction score
Just a few pointers for beginners! :p

Hey guys, Elijah here, I just wanted too give a few pointers if you are new to the game.

1.) Never be evil if you are just starting the game
It is harder if you are evil...Everybody will hate you, No Discouts, Etc.

2.) Dont get a wife when you first play.
Beat it atleast once, Wifes are hard to maintain, aswell as kids. XD

3.)Buy a few stalls.
You get money after a little period of time, That is the little money that you get while you are out adventuring.

4.) Dont eat food for Health/Mana
Use potions!, You will get +fat if you eat food.

5.)Tradeskills.
I prefer doing Bartending and Woodcutting when you start, It gives good money in the beginning when you first start, and better money when you are up too 5 stars, Blacksmithing is good money in the long-run.

Please comment if this was helpful too you, or if it would be if you were new :)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Just a few pointers for beginners! :p

I was waiting until after I beat the game to get a wife anyway..
Don't need Lucien killing him/her
:D

Not all food has +Fat, Celery, carrots and such...They have to be GOOD food though, And Mealy Apples, or Flaccid ones, I'm pretty sure aren't very helpful. But I know some Veggies ;) don't give you fatness, so I'd suggest selling anything you don't want to cause you to get fat. Also, with the Knothole DLC, you can buy calorie burning potions that also take a way any fat you have, at the price of your purity.

And yeah some Evil choices, I also would advise not to do. as yes, you will not get discounts and everythings kind of crappy. Though my boyfriend enjoys run down old bowerstone, because there's no gaurds and it's an easy Evil point making place. :p

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

yes, and don't do the quest at the bowerstone cemetary until after you beat the game.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

cheezMcNASTY;435788 said:
yes, and don't do the quest at the bowerstone cemetary until after you beat the game.

Only if you choose to stay with Lady Grey, it does not matter otherwise.