• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just an idea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
I was just curious on peoples thoughts on adding a feature to repair all houses that you own at once instead of going through each one individually, I know this isn't a major grip but I own nearly all the property now and I dont like the look of houses that are around 50% or less, with the boarded up windows/doors etc, I do realise that there's already a flaw or a few hiccups i.e what if you only have enough gold to repair half, this function wouldn't be of any use etc. But I'm sure the developers could improve it. Your opinions/thoughts **.

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
I'm afraid idea's made by the community are often ignored by Lionhead! But you do have a point. I think the upkeep of your kingdom should be less tedious all together.. but the lack of menu's makes any significant changes hard to to in their case.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Its true, LH doesnt read any type of forums. Its a good thought though.

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
Thanks for the positive responses, I do see your point leafy that with the lack of an actual menu system it would be quite difficult to add in anything new to the actual sanctuary mechanics, and mjmarin - does any game developer actually listen to suggetions outside of board meetings :/ lol.

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive responses, I do see your point leafy that with the lack of an actual menu system it would be quite difficult to add in anything new to the actual sanctuary mechanics, and mjmarin - does any game developer actually listen to suggetions outside of board meetings :/ lol.
I'm sure it would be possible, but game mechanics (like the property mechanic) arent often changed after release, although it would be a small addition on their part, developers often only update content in ways like adding more guns, quests, spells etc...
A little off topic, sorry! But it has to be said.... the elimination of menu's was a "HORRIBLE" idea! They wouldn't have even had problems like this in the first place had they not excluded menu's from the game. This is like cut scenes in Fable II. Lionhead constantly acts like there are these certain features that should be eliminated because "They're archaic standards" of the classic RPG, but they are classic for a reason... they work!!! and eliminating these things doesn't help anyone, it only makes your game harder to update and less accessible. Maybe they'll heed your advice Marcodian and fix this problem! But a lot more could be prevented if they just quite experimenting with things that have no need to be experimented on! ANYWAYS!..... ;)
I'm a flamer, you've been warned!

Marcodian Elite

Reaction score
True it is mostly weapons clothes and additional quests, and when then extra quests arrive I'd also like to see a new way to spend the guild seals earned - currently have around 330 guild seals sitting idly somewhere in the universe lol.

The elimination of the menu is only a half horrible idea lol, I like the sanctury idea, its something new that adds a lil quirk to the game, whereas games like oblivion etc that I've played i was somewhat irratated by tedious scrolling through pages and pages of items lol, mabey they should have had an option to switch between there revamped system and the older menu system - so I can have a pie in my inventory and celery and not have to choose between them.

I shall keep on my toes for any future flaming you try to start :steve: lol.

mjmarin12

Tex-Mex Gamer
Premium
Reaction score
Thanks for the positive responses, I do see your point leafy that with the lack of an actual menu system it would be quite difficult to add in anything new to the actual sanctuary mechanics, and mjmarin - does any game developer actually listen to suggetions outside of board meetings : src="http://projectego.net/forums/images/smilies/01/hmm.gif" _mce_src="http://projectego.net/forums/images/smilies/01/hmm.gif"> lol.

Heheh, sometimes they turn down some of the greatest ideas ever there.

LeafySuburb

a l'espirit libre
Reaction score
True it is mostly weapons clothes and additional quests, and when then extra quests arrive I'd also like to see a new way to spend the guild seals earned - currently have around 330 guild seals sitting idly somewhere in the universe lol.

The elimination of the menu is only a half horrible idea lol, I like the sanctury idea, its something new that adds a lil quirk to the game, whereas games like oblivion etc that I've played i was somewhat irratated by tedious scrolling through pages and pages of items lol, mabey they should have had an option to switch between there revamped system and the older menu system - so I can have a pie in my inventory and celery and not have to choose between them.

I shall keep on my toes for any future flaming you try to start :steve: lol.

I hybrid system (as you said) would be ideal. They got the whole "Home Base" idea down pretty well, but the only good part of having a home base is the ability to customize it like in Oblivion. I liked moving around all my little glass swords and seeing them on a wall, etc. But Fable has a lot of pre-sets that are simply boring. The weapon statues, the clothing models and everything else was cool... but a choice between red and blue for my castle is somewhat of a lazy, last second choice Lionhead probably added last second. Things like the road to rule and the sanctuary are, yes, nice interesting advancements... but sometimes it can be somewhat inconvenient having to deal with Jasper, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.