• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kill the plot?

S

speeddemon123

Kill the plot?

SO in EGM it was announced that you can actively move in cut scenes and even kill the person talking so say you kill the king of the town who was going to tell you where the villan was or somthing else;) would somone else know or would you have to find them on your own or would the king magicly respawn

Zquad

The Widowmaker
Reaction score
Re: Kill the plot?

I didn't notice that anyone said anything like that :S Could you quote?

W

Wolfie

I heard you could walk away but if it was really important they would chase you and keep bugging you. I didn't hear about killing them. It's an interesting thought though. I guess they would do the same in fable how they just made them tell you off. God that was funny. I remember charging up a huge fireball and throwing it at the guildmaster. Any normal person would have died but he just stumbled. lol

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

mabey it will be more like the scenes in assassin's creed where you can walk around, but thats it. and you cant get to far from the person talking. or mabey it will be like oblivion, where they are just unkillable. but youd have to be a total jackass to just kill the person talking about the main quest anyway.

J

jaconcox

it says that some cutscences you will be able to move around in and do stuff like that kill people or make expressions but in other that are key to the plot im pretty sure i heard them say that you cant move??? but then i heard him say that the people will chase you... another way is maybe u can kill that charachter before u get the quest another theory is that you have to unlock your weapon or "turn off the safety" to kill people in town so maybe you wont be able to do that while in a cutscene just what i think though

W

Wolfie

^jaconcox, thats pretty much what I think the system will be.

SnowyFable

Avo's Stalker
Reaction score

I watched a video about it.

To explain:
There are no real 'cutscenes'. PM didn't want to make you wait through long videos. So they implemented a system where the screen stays normal, the person just says what they need to say. Just need to pay attention when they talk to you this time :p

Thats what I thought I heard him saying anyway.

J

jaconcox

yea in one of the videos they show this happening. a guy following the player Peter the designer anywase he then says this guy is getting annoying and walks down underneath a bridge and kills him so yes you will be able to kill people that are doing the "Cut Scene" but im still not sure about the major plots

what would be cool is if you kill the king maybe the queen or daughter of the king will have to tell you and then you could marry one of them and then either kill them or just keep them alive and be king :)

W

Wolfie

But that guy isn't a cut scene related person. He is the bard that they put in that annoys the heck out of you to test how "good and pure" you really are.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

It was confirmed by Louise Coopley that you cannot kill off NPC that are linked to the Main story line. I think that's a mistake. Give some way to warn the player that they will not be able to finish the main story if they kill off the character but let them do it if they want to. They can always create a new game and play that through to finish the story.

Fable II could have been the first game to let you wreck the main plot. Talk about choice and consequence :w00t:

J

jaconcox

yea but then you never kno when you going to accidentally one hit some main character guy and ruin your game but i agree with you that would be really cool