• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Kinect usage in Fable III:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jace

Reaction score
Many of use have heard that "Natal" now called "Kinect" will not be used in fable III. This is no longer the case. About four weeks ago there was a video released on youtube. It was a interview with Creative Designer of fable III. He said that the whole game will not be compatible with the Kinect system.

But there will be use of the Kinect, and he quotes "It won't be for stupid mini games". He talks about a control interface with you're character. While in the 3D pause menu you will be able to communicate with you're character. Using the same technology that MILO runs off (Look up Kinect Milo on youtube if you don't know what I am talking about). You will be able to hold conversations with you're character, suggest new ways of movement, share feelings, etc. full details have not been released.

But you can count on something of the experience of Milo. Kinect will also play a role at Taverns/Guilds. You will be able to jump into use of Kinect and hold conversations with online players VIA Xbox live, Play mini games involving movement of you're hands, drink, and call over waitresses, etc. like I said full details have not been released. What he did mention was one little word. DLC......

VicOnTop

Reaction score
i heard about this like.. 4 weeks ago :p

Reaction score
Id have more fun talking with walter rather then Hero3.0 the amount of monty python ridoric they could put into the game oh id be in stiches i love John Clease

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Nothing new here. However, could you at least bother and separe the text in different paragraphs? I don't want to be rude, but it's easier to read something that way.

Mlaar

Reaction score
Ugg I hope not anything that has me kicking my legs in the air whislt waving my hands around like a madman at 2am in the morning is not a good thing!! well unless its the missus that is :p

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
What he did mention was one little word. DLC......
Well that's actually two medium-sized words, but you're forgiven because they were first spoken by him...dumbnut. I'm quite happy it'll be functional though at some point, seems pretty fun.

Jace

Reaction score
I would imagine you will be able to communicate with you're manservant. And I don't believe this is "lame" but quiet fantastic. This experience has never been tried before. If it's a success or not it will still be a experience because we will be the first one's to try it. And what better game to bring it to the Fable III?

Jace

Reaction score
Well that's actually two medium-sized words, but you're forgiven because they were first spoken by him...dumbnut. I'm quite happy it'll be functional though at some point, seems pretty fun.
Well technically speaking I am right. This is a Simenon for the word's "downloadable content". And the Simenon of that is DLC. Which in fact is "one little word". And if you really wanna be technical it's "one little Simenon" ;-)

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
Question the first: what is a Simenon? My search led to this, and I don't think it's the answer. I think you meant "synonym," but then it's still not right. I know that DLC is an acronym for DownLoadable Content, and that the definition isn't necessarily that an acronym is a word, especially in this case (where it's pronounced as letters).

But anyways! :p Thanks for the find. I had hoped it would still be involved somehow, and I do hope still it comes true as you say.

ChristieScott

Reaction score
But seriously if Kinect had full application in Fable 3, how awesome would that be? :D

Jace

Reaction score
If you're a dreamer I wouldn't get rid of the idea of it being fully compatible with the game. I have heard rumors about it running Fable IV. This would give them time to test Kinect and figure out ways to tweak the system. Microsoft was smart and incorporating all functions in the Kinect. Even if they didn't work. This means when they make a discovery, you can download the update for the Kinect.

Jace

Reaction score
Simenon is a inside joke, sorry. Sometimes I use it forgetting that other people have no idea what it means. My apologize, the word acronym is what I was looking for. Thank you.

The Emancipator

Emancipation
Reaction score
kinect is pointless to add right now if your gonna use kinect at all it would be for an entire game the kinect feature isnt a big issue yet its cool to talk about but not much more
now if i could use kinect to fart in someones face that would be cool

Jace

Reaction score
Well I wouldn't underestimate there plans with Kinect.

Status
Not open for further replies.