• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

KNothole Island DLC From Lionhead

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
KNothole Island DLC From Lionhead

Xbox.com Announced the Big News from Lionhead Today

Update: I just noticed that they have changed the site to say Mid-December instead of December 12th.

New Fable II Content Downloads

Published November 24, 2008
The epic journey begun in Fable® II, the fastest selling RPG on Xbox 360®, is not over. Starting December 12, return to Albion's service with the release of the Knothole Island downloadable content pack.
ilm05_Shadows_01.jpg

New adventures await in Knothole Island.
The remote island of Knothole is dying, its golden sands and lush vegetation covered with snow, its people freezing, its treasures buried. Only a hero can face the trials of the three shrines to bring back the sunshine.
ilm12_Storm_Temple.jpg

Explore the Storm Temple for new treasures.
Following its release on Xbox 360 on October 21, more than 1.5 million units of Fable II flew off store shelves worldwide in the first two weeks, making it the most popular game, across all platforms, in the U.S. in October. With the release of the first Fable II downloadable content, available exclusively on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for 800 Microsoft Points, set sail for Knothole Island, where new quests, wondrous items, and bizarre characters await.
ilm01_Gordon.jpg

Meet new characters and embark on new quests.
Free Co-Op Pack

Also on December 12, enhance your Fable II experience with the release of a free Fable II downloadable pack exclusively on Xbox LIVE Marketplace. To engage in co-op gameplay with a player who has already downloaded the Knothole Island content, you will need to download the free pack. Both co-op players must download the Knothole Island (Premium) pack in order to play new quests and enjoy the complete Knothole Island co-op experience.
Special Gifts

Free and premium downloaders will receive a shower of special gifts, including Knight's Boots, Assassins Gloves, a special Weight Loss Potion, collectible silver book and more. You can also check your standing in over 50 new Leaderboards on Lionhead.com.
As an additional treat, Lionhead Studios and Microsoft Game Studios have created an all-new Albion dashboard theme in celebration of the launch of the New Xbox Experience. Show off your Fable II pride—head over to Xbox LIVE Marketplace and download the Albion theme, available now for 250 Microsoft points.

Source

Lionheart

Reaction score
Re: KNothole Island DLC From Lionhead

OMFG temple of avo and knothole glade, I havnt got xbox live :( im going to go cry myself to sleep

A

Arfboy6

this is so exiting im so happy oh i cant wait hehehehe it going to be so cool

V

Votuse

All i heard was "Check this out yeh cool huh? Well we are not going to give you an asian chick in game, but this sh!t is cool isn't it?"

and yes im going to download knothole island and be very happy about it....although the addition of asian girls would be badaaaaaassssss. *singingly*

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

OH SHI- one of the main reasons i got rid of fable 2 was because i couldnt go to knothole glade O.O I am actualy pointing a gun into my temple right now GOOD BYE CRUEL WORLD!!!

Lionheart

Reaction score

Weight loss potion lol

C

CertainDeath

Nice. I'm not seeing any mention of a release date for this DLC, though. What do you know?

S

Striken7

CertainDeath;238333 said:
Nice. I'm not seeing any mention of a release date for this DLC, though. What do you know?

It clearly says December 12 right at the beginning.

Steampunk

Space Head
Reaction score

I kinda threw a fit on lionheads forum. It mid december sometime, someone said its on a friday. IM excited about this content but IM not excited to give lionhead more money.

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

I really hope there's more (A HELL OF A LOT MORE) clothing than Knight's Boots and Assassins Gloves...
I really miss the Assassin outfit from Fable 1 (especially the top.. the one in Fable II is gay :()

PS
I want more clothes! male clothes! none of that gipsy/female/prostetute clothes..
A Ranger Coat WITHOUT that lame armor that makes the hero look fat
or maybe Jack of Blades outfit or a Hero's Guild outfit.. (all black apprentice outfit:D:D:D)

anain12

Reaction score

Awesome! I can't wait for this to be released and the 24th when i'll get xbox live.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Thanks for the Update Todd and nice work Lionhead on some good looking DLC. +rep

V

Votuse

but still no asian girls.......

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

PErV! (you are right tho...)
MORE CLOTHES!

Look at the submarine in the last picture...
What's long, hard and full of seamen? ^^

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

For ****s sake. I sold Fable 2 just about 2/3 weeks ago to get Fallout 3. Im ****ing Raging right now. I could of also scammed Blockbuster by only leaving the bonus disk in the case (dam I should of thought of it earlier). I hate you Microsoft for holding back content then releasing it later on even though it should of been a part of the game. A giant **** ( Capital F for a bit more empathsis) you Microsoft. Why does Microsoft love shafting people over?

R

Raze

ooo **** awsome i cant wait :D :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

ali1238;238362 said:
For ****s sake. I sold Fable 2 just about 2/3 weeks ago to get Fallout 3. Im ****ing Raging right now. I could of also scammed Blockbuster by only leaving the bonus disk in the case (dam I should of thought of it earlier). I hate you Microsoft for holding back content then releasing it later on even though it should of been a part of the game. A giant **** ( Capital F for a bit more empathsis) you Microsoft. Why does Microsoft love shafting people over?

Microsoft havent done anything, Lionhead clearly said many times they would be releasing DLC after the game came out.... =]

SimonKalevra

Reaction score

True ^^^^^^^

ali1238

would you kindly
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;238369 said:
Microsoft havent done anything, Lionhead clearly said many times they would be releasing DLC after the game came out.... =]

But dont you think that they released the DLC extremly fast, it seems they held back orginal game material for DLC. Think about assassins gloves for one, why else would they only make a coat but not the rest of the set. Also the DLC is too close to the release date for it to of been made after the game was released. It means that they wernt paying full attension to the full game (makes sence thinking about the glitches) or took this section out to make more money.

I was expecting DLC o come out in January which would of ment I could get the game on the cheep (about £15/25 meaning that I have not lost out on a single penny as I traded Fable II in for Fallout plus £10). I'm still angry at myself and Microsoft.

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

ali1238;238362 said:
We always knew there would be DLC? :unsure: