• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Konami drops development of all AAA titles besides Pro Evo

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
image.jpg

According to a report by Eurogamer, Konami has dropped production on all of its AAA titles with exception of Pro Evolution.

Konami drops development of all AAA titles with exception of Pro Evolution

Krskull

Reaction score
I agree with Queen. I mean they've been in the video game business for a very long time. and i think that they just need to take a break or something. because making an AAA game is too hard and consuming.

Precipice

Reaction score
Apparently it's likely most of their IPs will be sold off to other developers and they have stopped development of AAA titles.
It's like they're trying to kill their company.
I agree with Queen. I mean they've been in the video game business for a very long time. and i think that they just need to take a break or something. because making an AAA game is too hard and consuming.
To put it all in a sentence, it's like one person is trying to kill their company so they can cash out and make fat stacks because he doesn't want to do it anymore.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Haaaaaaaa.....

Wow, I remember when Konami was one of the top developers in the world and every release on the horizon was anticipated with bated breath. I said it before, but they treat making good money like it's cancer or something. They'd rather go down cheap than actually work to turn a profit. This is what happens when you have pure businessmen running your company instead of people who actually care about video games (and actually played some). All in all classic Konami died a long time ago, I just hope their rampant stupidity and self-destruction is enough to scare the hell out of Capcom into getting their **** together before they end up the same.

Krskull

Reaction score
I got to say i actually like the idea of switching to mobile. I mean think about it

No more plug in and unplug.
No more buying two copies of a game so you can play with friends who own two different consoles.
No need to wait in a very long time to buy a game. just to hear "Sorry we are out of stock"
No need for an AC adapter the size of a brick like the one the 360 have.
No more exclusive games.
No need to pay to renew your membership.
No more Console war.
No need to go to the store and buy parts for whatever reason.
No more staring at a clock and sighing while waiting for your number to come up when your number is 100 and something and in that screen thingy it says 20 or 30.

In other words you will be saving Energy, Time and Money for better things like planning your Wedding, Anniversary, Vocation, Trip and everything else.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I got to say i actually like the idea of switching to mobile. I mean think about it

No more plug in and unplug.
No more buying two copies of a game so you can play with friends who own two different consoles.
No need to wait in a very long time to buy a game. just to hear "Sorry we are out of stock"
No need for an AC adapter the size of a brick like the one the 360 have.
No more exclusive games.
No need to pay to renew your membership.
No more Console war.
No need to go to the store and buy parts for whatever reason.
No more staring at a clock and sighing while waiting for your number to come up when your number is 100 and something and in that screen thingy it says 20 or 30.
I don't mind mobile games as long as it's done right. When you throw on pay-to-win schemes, microtransactions and so on, then you're doing it wrong. For me, mobile gaming was always (and still is) stuff like Gameboy, 3DS, PSP, PS Vita, Game Gear and all other manner of handheld devices filled with console-quality games that you took on-the-go. No strings attached. But unfortunately the majority of the mobile game market today is used by companies as a ticket to get rich quick. Rarely will you find a game on the apple or google store that was made with any passion.
Krskull said:
In other words you will be saving Energy, Time and Money for better things like planning your Wedding, Anniversary, Vocation, Trip and everything else.
And buying a better game. :p

Krskull

Reaction score
I don't mind mobile games as long as it's done right. When you throw on pay-to-win schemes, microtransactions and so on, then you're doing it wrong. For me, mobile gaming was always (and still is) stuff like Gameboy, 3DS, PSP, PS Vita, Game Gear and all other manner of handheld devices filled with console-quality games that you took on-the-go. No strings attached. But unfortunately the majority of the mobile game market today is used by companies as a ticket to get rich quick. Rarely will you find a game on the apple or google store that was made with any passion.

And buying a better game. :p

That and coffee.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
In the latest Konami news... Horse Armour DLC (not as a joke but purchased content), Tuxedo not unlockable but have to purchase now too, Pro Evolution Soccer for PC being a 360 & PS3 port not a PS4 & XB1 port and other ways to screw over their own fanbase...

metal-gear-solid-5-phantom-pain-horse-armour-dlc-620x349.png

jpg

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Didn't they learn anything from the Oblivion horse armour fiasco? :lol:

I laughed when I saw it, was like 'Thats quite funny how they are light heartedly mocking the horse armour DLC like CD Projekt Red did and are releasing it for free... wait its not free? Its serious paid for DLC... :/!'

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I completely forgot that CDPR did that. Man, it makes it all the more worse that Konami are doing this for real.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Aw come on, it has to be tounge-in-cheek, right?? Like maybe it just only costs a penny or a nickel (cause that stuff adds up!)??

Cause these are the kind of things that would be done for free these days.... well, then again there's also Namco and their 200+ paid costume DLCs for DOA5. On the plus side, at least they didn't try to sell that cut story piece as DLC yet, that would actually make me angry.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Aw come on, it has to be tounge-in-cheek, right?? Like maybe it just only costs a penny or a nickel (cause that stuff adds up!)??

Cause these are the kind of things that would be done for free these days.... well, then again there's also Namco and their 200+ paid costume DLCs for DOA5. On the plus side, at least they didn't try to sell that cut story piece as DLC yet, that would actually make me angry.

They cut whole chapter from end of MGS V so as Jim said, maybe this will be sold to fans next.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
They cut whole chapter from end of MGS V so as Jim said, maybe this will be sold to fans next.
Man I really hope not. For one thing their servers won't be up forever, eventually their online content will be taken down and that'll be an important piece of the game's story that'll be gone should such a thing happen. I mean just look at Silent Hills.

Considering it was meant to be a part of the original game then it ought to be free, everyone already coughed up $60 for it.