• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

L.A. Noire Title Update 2.00 Available

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
he_la_noire.jpg
Rockstar have released a new title update for Team Bondi's highly successful crime thriller L.A. Noire which addresses some minor issues for both Xbox 360 and PS3.

Noteworthy changes and fixes include:
  • Implemented a handful of physics changes to prevent floating, falling and traveling outside the map
  • Improved crash handling
  • Fixed an issue where a clean installation interrupted by a Title Update would still show a "game data is corrupt and is being repaired" message (PS3 only)
  • Fixed an issue that prevented players from getting beyond Rank 19 in certain instances
  • Fixed an issue where case objectives might not appear in the notebook after replaying cases

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
It's good to see that they care about their game. They were also fast in addressing the issues,
usually developers take longer or have a lame release day patch. (Which is sad situation,
when you buy a game and you have apply a patch)

Although, Rockstar's involved. I wouldn't expect them to leave problems hanging.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It's good to see that they care about their game. They were also fast in addressing the issues,
usually developers take longer or have a lame release day patch. (Which is sad situation,
when you buy a game and you have apply a patch)

Although, Rockstar's involved. I wouldn't expect them to leave problems hanging.

Yeah they have been pretty good with the support and keeping fans informed of upcoming releases of updates and DLC.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah they have been pretty good with the support and keeping fans informed of upcoming releases of updates and DLC.
Eh. I always associate the Rockstar Games with the word quality in my head.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Eh. I always associate the Rockstar Games with the word quality in my head.

Yeah and not only are they great developers (though Team Bondi are credited for L.A. Noire) they are also great publishers and know how to tease people with their advertising campaigns and feed info at a good pace before release.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah and not only are they great developers (though Team Bondi are credited for L.A. Noire) they are also great publishers and know how to tease people with their advertising campaigns and feed info at a good pace before release.
I can compare them with Nintendo. Although, Nintendo is getting kind of lame lately.
(Like shooting around maniacally and missing all targets just to notice everyone moved on)

Konami's a good developer/publisher too. Although I'm derailing from the thread's subject.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I can compare them with Nintendo. Although, Nintendo is getting kind of lame lately.
(Like shooting around maniacally and missing all targets just to notice everyone moved on)

Konami's a good developer/publisher too. Although I'm derailing from the thread's subject.

I think Bethesda have improved a lot over the years with support, releasing patches and their advertising and promotion techniques have improved by leaps and bounds. The way they have drip fed fans with information and video footage of Skyrim has been quite a smart strategy and got many RPG fans foaming at the mouth 5 months before release which is quite a feat.

Im just glad to be getting some conversations going with members in threads as people seem to have been post shy lately.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
I think Bethesda have improved a lot over the years with support, releasing patches and their advertising and promotion techniques have improved by leaps and bounds. The way they have drip fed fans with information and video footage of Skyrim has been quite a smart strategy and got many RPG fans foaming at the mouth 5 months before release which is quite a feat.
Elder of Scrolls doesn't need a lot of effort to drive it's the fan-base into a frenzy. Especially when
you make a short trailer with a narrator showing some cool pictures here, there.

I think they're playing it dirty and will deliver a slight improvement from the past title of the
series - Oblivion. (Maybe, that's what the Elder of Scrolls fans like - the same old thing that
doesn't change and it's like the way you remember it. Oh the nostalgia.) I'm not a fan of the series
myself anyway

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Elder of Scrolls doesn't need a lot of effort to drive it's the fan-base into a frenzy. Especially when
you make a short trailer with a narrator showing some cool pictures here, there. I think they're
playing it dirty and will deliver a slight improvement from the past title of the series - Oblivion.
(Maybe, that's what the Elder of Scrolls fans like - the same old thing that doesn't change and it's
like the way you remember it. Oh the nostalgia, I'm not a fan of the series myself)

They have built a whole new engine for the game so it will be quite an improvement over the Gamebryo engine, listening to fan criticisms and feedback and fixing/tweaking a whole list of things people wanted fixing, releasing mod tools for free and encouraging modding (you listening Lionhead?), and overall creating what is looking to be one of the best RPG's for many years is nothing to scoff at. Most RPG fans i know whether Morrowind or Oblivion fans or not have all told me how impressed they have been with the information given in interviews with Todd Howard and the footage.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Most RPG fans i know whether Morrowind or Oblivion fans or not have all told me how impressed they have been with the information given in interviews with Todd Howard and the footage.
Well at least the developer will deliver what the players and fans have been asking, hopefully.
We'll see when the game's released.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Well at least the developer will deliver what the players and fans have been asking, hopefully.
We'll see when the game's released.

Many of the E3 staff and insiders are anticipating GOTY award already so people have high hopes for it. Just hope Bethesda can hit all these expectations and from what ive seen i believe they truly can as i havent been so impressed with a game at E3 in quite some time. I own Morrowind but havent played it properly and only as of the last 4 weeks ive started playing Oblivion properly after a patch ruined my save files and lost 80 hours of progress 6 years ago and i recently reinstalled and even by todays standards ive loved playing it so far. 25 hours in and barely scratched the surface of the main questline and so much to do. I wouldnt call myself a huge Elder Scrolls fan as i havent played the whole series properly (yet) but i have played Oblivion for some time now and Skyrim is looking brilliant too so i would say i am a fan of the series.

They just seem to include everything id want from an RPG, great variation in customisation and races, huge map, fully explorable environments, hundreds of weapons, armour, shields and spells and varied enemies & quests and hundreds of side quests amongst lots of other things.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
I'm not an Elder of Scrolls fan, I dislike so many things in the series. The overall feeling that the
game has isn't satisfactory for me. I won't object that Elder of Scrolls always primed to have a long
game play time, a huge map and god-knows-what-else.

However, Elder of Scrolls doesn't feel satisfactory to me because it lacks of a certain... Quality
when it comes compared to other Action-RPG's. I take that the RPG games are moving towards
the action style, although Elder of Scrolls tries to be something too big, on all the aspects.

Focusing on making something huge, means an overall lack of quality when it comes down to
most of the quests, a huge portion of the map servers no purpose - simply pretty looking fields.
I prefer quality over quantity. The game's simply too big and hyped.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I hope they continue to release some more patches, there's definitely some more bugs out there (some of which require restarting the game). Just the other day, my partner got stuck ontop of a bush, unable to move, several cases later the same thing happened me (Cole) and I had to reload... but one that took me back to the silly cougarman glitch days of Red Dead Redemption was this little bug I had yesterday:

LA Noire - Invisible Man Glitch

Quite amusing though.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I hope they continue to release some more patches, there's definitely some more bugs out there (some of which require restarting the game). Just the other day, my partner got stuck ontop of a bush, unable to move, several cases later the same thing happened me (Cole) and I had to reload... but one that took me back to the silly cougarman glitch days of Red Dead Redemption was this little bug I had yesterday:

LA Noire - Invisible Man Glitch

Quite amusing though.

Ive played for around 25 hours and not had one glitch besides the AI character not getting into driver seat and walking around the car constantly.

Gikoku

driftin' along.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Typical! I'm always one of the lucky ones.