• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Last night was the best of my whole life.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Last night was the best of my whole life.

I got to see Metallica live, which has been one of my goals in life to do. I went to the Sonisphere Festival:

lineupsidebar-se.jpg

Words can not describe how awesome it was, but I'll tell you this: when they started playing One and Nothing Else Matters I had to struggle to keep back the tears.

jwc2200

Reaction score
Re: Last night was the best of my whole life.

I saw them in concert in 1987, it was the Master of Puppets tour I think, been a while. Enjoyed the hell out of it.

LobotomizedLOVE

Pistol Fiend
Reaction score

Ah, congratulations! That's really awesome. I've always wanted to see Metallica live since I was like 12.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

All I can say is thats awesome. awesomeness in its purest form.

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Good job? Erm...

F

FableFreak

You lucky Norwegian bastard!

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Norwegian? Hey, I take offense to that!

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score

Hahah! Thats awesome man! Wish i could see them Live!

I saw RATM and The Prodigy live, Which are my Favourite bands.. So its kinda the same! Haha! :D

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Congratulations Tsuyu im going to the very same festival in Knebworth (UK) in 2 weeks time so can also share the same pleasure. Im camping for both days and Linkin Park headline the first day (also wanted to see them Live for years).

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

I bet Metallica is awesome live. And even though I don`t listen to them, a live concert would be one hell of an experience.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Out of curiosity what tracks did they decide to do Tsuyu?

Lore

Ragged Wanderer
Reaction score

pfffft. So you saw some musicians big deal! I see people playing music on the street, in bars and on the underground tube system but nobody makes a big fuss about them. If Metallica never got so big nobody would care. I just can't understand what draws people to celebs like this. They are flesh and blood like everybody else.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;321820 said:
Out of curiosity what tracks did they decide to do Tsuyu?

Some of the old, some of the new and some of the even older still. :lol:

You had the stuff they almost always play such as One, Master of Puppets as well as Fuel(complete with pyrotechnics show!).

And of course they fired off a few tracks from Death Magnetic, like The Day That Never Comes and Cyanide.They did one helluva playing of Seek & Destroy as their last song, having us 30k+ people screaming SEEK AND DESTROY! whenever the lyrics called for it.

They didn't play any of the Unforgiven songs though, and that made me sort of sad in the pants, but I guess I can forgive them.

Trawgdor

Rawkin'
Reaction score

I see what you did there.

They didn't do St. Anger did they?
Oh god I hope not...

TheJJMax

The Ultimate Noob
Reaction score

Lore;321862 said:
pfffft. So you saw some musicians big deal! I see people playing music on the street, in bars and on the underground tube system but nobody makes a big fuss about them. If Metallica never got so big nobody would care. I just can't understand what draws people to celebs like this. They are flesh and blood like everybody else.
Don't forget fake melons and penis pumps.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Tsuyu;321868 said:
Some of the old, some of the new and some of the even older still. :lol:

You had the stuff they almost always play such as One, Master of Puppets as well as Fuel(complete with pyrotechnics show!).

And of course they fired off a few tracks from Death Magnetic, like The Day That Never Comes and Cyanide.They did one helluva playing of Seek & Destroy as their last song, having us 30k+ people screaming SEEK AND DESTROY! whenever the lyrics called for it.

They didn't play any of the Unforgiven songs though, and that made me sort of sad in the pants, but I guess I can forgive them.

How long was their set at that particular Sonisphere? The line-up and a couple of other things differ slightly from the UK one.

Lore;321862 said:

Im sure any musician would aspire to play at festivals in front of a crowd of 80.000 people. Im also sure that if you asked any of those on the street if they would swap playing on the street in front of 30 people, to making millions and selling record breaking albums and playing the biggest festivals in the world they would in a heartbeat. They dont start as 'celebs' people liking their music and buying it makes them 'celebs'. Dont forget that Metallica were once never heard of and playing in garages and such and were one of the early bands who put Thrash Metal out there. Nobody makes a fuss about those kind of bands because either they arent that good or they have no advertising and PR team or any managers to get their names out there etc. It only takes 1 person who knows the right people to 'spot' someone and their life could change in the blink of an eye.