• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's Fix Fable

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Fable I was fine. Fable II was fine. Fable III looks fine. I love Fable regardless. But don't you think they only surface and skim their features? It seems like they're only filling up their 12 ft. pool 1 ft. deep. I think each feature can be added to and improved.

Yeah, Fable III has yet to be released, 1-2 days (depending on how you see it), even longer in Europe. But Fable IV and V has been mentioned in the past. So let's fix some things.

---

All I want to fix is the Dog. Following you, barking, growling, finding treasures, doing tricks. Yeah, it ain't bad, but has anyone played LionHead's game "Black and White"? Well, the Creature in that game can LEARN new tricks the player teaches him, he can do things the player wants him to do at specific intervals and times.

They should incorporate this into the Fable III dog. If the dog attacks a villager, you should be able to pet him (Evil) or punish him (good); during certain expressions you can make your dog do an expression as well, so overtime he will do it automatically. See what I mean? And yes, it is VERY possible, as LionHead did it in their very first game.

MMM

Reaction score
My favorite thing is the dog, but they could definatly do more with it.
I think it should actually have an opinion of you, i hated it in fable 2 wheir i could punish it, ignore it, and let it limp around all day and it would always love you.
they should really let you interact with your dog more

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I 'd like more interaction with the dog, like you said, but it's not up there on the list of priorities. The dog did everything you needed him to do in FII.

Overall, I'd just like more. More of everything. More (and much bigger) locations, more quests, more people to talk to, more jobs, more weapons, more clothes. I want more on an Oblivion kind of scale. Hopefully more advanced hardware in years to come will make this a lot easier to achieve.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
As much as I like the industrialized Albion, a game set back in the Old Kingdom or prior to the Hero of Oakvale's time would be nice :thumbsup:

initialrt

Town Dust
Reaction score
they need more clothing options! i understand PM wants to make it more accessible, but everyone wants more clothing options while PM is out there making statements like "no one cared about changing their clothes in fable II"

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Grant, Fable offers a wide variety of clothing in the games, not only that, but allows you to mix and match them.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Not that wide...

rek2k

Reaction score
they need more clothing options! i understand PM wants to make it more accessible, but everyone wants more clothing options while PM is out there making statements like "no one cared about changing their clothes in fable II"

PM was great in his younger days... before Microsoft owned him...

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
during certain expressions you can make your dog do an expression as well, so overtime he will do it automatically.
Well they kind of had this in Fable II - you performed a certain expression and the dog did one, albeit seemingly unrelated to your actions. I know it's not what you mean, but it's something...

Reaction score
As much as I like the industrialized Albion, a game set back in the Old Kingdom or prior to the Hero of Oakvale's time would be nice :thumbsup:

Yepp, i think they need to make a game closer to Fable 1's roots, but more advanced, bigger better Fable more like the first but set in the Old Kindom, had much more 'flare' than modern Albion ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.