• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Limbs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score
Limbs

(Please mind me if I say something that isnt new. I havent gotten to play Fable 2 mainly because I'm broke and I need someone older with me to buy it)

In Fable 3 I hope they allow you to rip limbs off others. And also be able to lose limbs. Like you lose an arm and have to buy some kind of elixir that will grow it back out or say you have someone build a bionic arm on you. This would happen if you were forced to use like 3 resurrection phials or something. And then the elixir will obviously cost more than the bionic arm. Or maybe you would have to like quest for items needed to make an elixir. And you could temporarily use a bionic arm on the quest. On some storyline quests you could lose certain limbs like in boss fights regardless of how you defeated the boss. Maybe one can possible lose fingers as well. And maybe an ear or so. affecting appearance. Say you join some kind of clan and you have to cut your pinky finger off (lol Yakuza). And if you lose a limb in the middle of a quest it can affect your attack. Like not being able to use two handed weapons.

Ithan

Berserker
Reaction score
Re: Limbs

I could see you shooting/cutting someone's limbs off, but losing your own sounds like a horrid idea, you should feel bad for thinking it would be fun.

Have fun when you lose both your arms or both your legs.

X

Xeon

In Age of Conan you loose your arm if you desertate in combat :p

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

"Rip" limbs off of each other? Why? You can just shoot people in the head, and their head explodes.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

The ripping limbs off enemies is to add more fun and realism.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

You mean dismemberment?

X

Xeon

Sean;313438 said:
"Rip" limbs off of each other? Why? You can just shoot people in the head, and their head explodes.

you can also blow mister peep off

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

I'd liketo see that a person is able to rip an enemies limbs off yet the enemy still lives and is in agony and you keep getting evil/good points until it dies. I'd also like to see cannibalism in this game.

X

Xeon

And you said you weren't old enough to buy Fable 2? With these features added the game would be buffed up to at least +18

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Xeon;313463 said:
And you said you weren't old enough to buy Fable 2? With these features added the game would be buffed up to at least +18

But didnt Mortal Kombat have blood and gore....? (well actually that was the only thing)
And i'm just wanting them to add blood and gore. God of War was also a bit extreme.

X

Xeon

I wouldn't know, in my country you can smoke, drink and play whatever you want from the day you're born.

Drugs aren't illegal, only selling, possesing and buying :S

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Xeon;313469 said:
I wouldn't know, in my country you can smoke, drink and play whatever you want from the day you're born.

and what country is that...?

Ithan

Berserker
Reaction score

Ryu_the_fox;313465 said:
But didnt Mortal Kombat have blood and gore....? (well actually that was the only thing)
And i'm just wanting them to add blood and gore. God of War was also a bit extreme.

Mortal Kombat is a FIGHTING game.
Besides, the blood and gore you see in Fable is much more realistic than that, when you shoot someone in the head they don't explode like a blood balloon.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Ithan;313522 said:
Mortal Kombat is a FIGHTING game.
Besides, the blood and gore you see in Fable is much more realistic than that, when you shoot someone in the head they don't explode like a blood balloon.
what about shooting limbs off.. or breaking them...? Thats what i'm really talkin about. some extra gore. and i know MK is a fighting game.I'm just saying that if more gore were to be added to fable it wouldnt change the rating to AO (adults only for those in other countries)

Ithan

Berserker
Reaction score

Shooting limps off requires:
A large bullet, or
Lots of bullets
Breaking limbs, that would be exclusive to hand-to-hand or clubs/maces, sword/axes/ect would just slice and cut.
Adding 'gore' would just make the game have a very cliche combat system, gore is not realistic outside of torture, as when you kill someone you want em to die quickly to move on, I'd rather not spend a few extra minutes making a random bandit cry.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score

reminds me of Dead Space.

Dentie

Reaction score

Xeon;313469 said:

lol where do you live?
in the netherlands because i do and that sounds like the netherlands

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Sounds like a good idea, hope though not as dramatic as say Afro Samurai, or Prototype.

X

Xeon

Dentie;313724 said:
lol where do you live?
in the netherlands because i do and that sounds like the netherlands

Denmark

Back to the limbs thing: Breaking a bandits arm to neutralize him in order to earn good points could work.

Ryu_the_fox

Reaction score

Xeon;313924 said:
Denmark

Back to the limbs thing: Breaking a bandits arm to neutralize him in order to earn good points could work.

That works. You wont kill him. but he cant kill anyone else now. And breaking an innocent's arm to torture works good for evil points. And doing so would gain more alignment points than killing.

Status
Not open for further replies.