• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Locked doors in Sanctuary

Starwind626

Reaction score
Okay, so this is a little late, but I've just got Fable 3 about a week ago. I am currently on the mission where I have to travel with Walter after my boat shipwrecks. After manually saving the game, I decided to see what was in the 'load' option underneath, as I wanted to check whether you could get multiple saves etc. Anyways, I clicked the option, then, for reasons unknown to me, I pressed B, just as the Xbox guide menu popped up to ask me which memory option I wanted to use. When the menu closed, I was in the saves room of the sanctuary. After seeing that I could have multiple games, I turned around and left the room. Upon returning to the main room of the Sanctuary, I discovered that two of the doors were closed (the co-op one and the treasury) and the room had reverted back to how it started, with cobwebs and books all over the place. I have tried fixing this, I reset my Xbox as soon as I had realised what had happened, but this was no use, it was still the same. I tried having a second player join me, in local co-op mode, but all this resulted in was a black screen. After trying it again, it fixed nothing, the two locked doors were there for both players. This is really frustrating, I have over ten million gold in my treasury, meaning I can't get rid of all my money to unlock the chest underneath (please don't spoil the contents of this). I have searched all over, but to no avail, no one seems to have this problem but me.

Can anyone help me with this?

Note. Jasper is missing too.

Starwind626

Reaction score
Never mind, turns out I'm an idiot. It was supposed to do this apparently, they are locked off during the 'Darkness Incarnate' quest. I did wonder if this was supposed to happen, but then why would they need to lock off the treasury? I can understand the Xbox Live door sure. Also, why bring back all the cobwebs, and mess on the floor?

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Its a sign that you have nothing but your weapons and clothing to help you against the Darkness. Even your achievements, trophies and wealth won't save you. Cobwebs add more dramatic effect.