• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Looking for a sword/rifle combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

iamorion

Reaction score
I'm playing a good/moral character and would like to stick with a sword/rifle combo that gets me gold per kill/hit. Can I get some suggestions for what I should try to get with that play style? I know the whole legendary weapon thing is random but I'm willing to do the multiplayer thing if it will help me get a set that I like.

Quentin Locke

Hero of Skill
Reaction score
If you purchase the Understone DLC there is a rifle as a prize at the shooting range for 375 points (easy to get, i got 455 on my first with no idea what i was doing) which all 3 augments give gold per hit. I think it's called the money maker.

Don't know of an equivalent sword as I rarely venture away from my swinging sword.

Arata Isozaki

Angel of Sorrow
Reaction score
the money maker from the understone is correct its able to get you money with every hit/kill im unsure but that is your best bet as quentin says and im unsure on the swords im sure theres one that gives you with hit/kill but theres no better weapon then the money maker

iamorion

Reaction score
The Merchant's Bodyguard I picked up seems to be okay. I had to gift 20 XBox Live members (giving the same one 20 gifts didn't work!) to get the gold/hit. I got the +2% damage in multiplayer pretty easy but unfortunately I haven't had a lot of luck with getting into multiplayer yet. The final one, kill 400 mercenaries is going to take a while I am guessing. I'm not sure if bandits count as mercs.

Arata Isozaki

Angel of Sorrow
Reaction score
bandits are mercs in fable 3 and there is no enemy called bandits any more they got replaced by mercs and the highway men got replaced with the sand fuires

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
...highway men got replaced with the sand fuires

Which I found pathetic and lazy on Lionhead's part. The Sand Furies even have the same animations, attack patterns, and i'm willing to bet the same statistics. all they did was record some women grunting and ululating*, and re-skinned them!

*(lalalalalalalalala)

Reaction score
If you purchase the Understone DLC there is a rifle as a prize at the shooting range for 375 points (easy to get, i got 455 on my first with no idea what i was doing) which all 3 augments give gold per hit. I think it's called the money maker.

Don't know of an equivalent sword as I rarely venture away from my swinging sword.

not to butt in but it's called the money shot.

kl241

Fable Farmer
Reaction score
The Merchant's Bodyguard is a burden to level up. Finding and slaying 400 mercenaries, will take you a while, unless you are going to be committed in using the two weapons. It took me 2 to 3 weeks to flourish kill 300 mercenaries for my swift Irregular.
You could make your hero sword create money, when leveling it up. I only suggested this because i have seen people talking about morphing there weapons to a desired effect. For example i used my shock spell allot when i was building the sword up and now the sword does a shock attack with some of my blows. But this morphing to a desired effect is unfamiliar territory for me. So i would suggest looking around the forum for morphing weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.