• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Loving this game (probably no spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Srsly. I have no real major issues with it and haven't had anything like the trouble some of you unfortunate beings have had recently.

I have completed it twice (I only got it on Friday so give me a break!) and am about to start playthrough number 3 which, as promised, will be decided entirely by the coin flip all the way through. And so far? The only two very minor issues I have experienced which affect gameplay as opposed to my incompetence as a gamer are:

1) The gold trail sometimes won't appear. Not in the whole "if you wander off it'll gradually disappear" thing but as in ti won't even turn up in the first place. Not a huge deal so far but sometimes a nuisance when I really need to get somewhere and there are Balverines all over the place.

2) The dog gets a bit stupid - he/she/it will bark and run around in circles for AGES instead of leading me to the relevant digspot/treasure. Again, it's not desperately essential but more annoying than anything else.

I think this game is more grown up than previous Fables and although I miss my HUD (I'm not leet enough to cope without one) I do like how stripped down everything is and not having to scroll through about thirty menus to get what I want. It's like they've combined elements from 1 and 2 and made a brilliant hybrid - challenging enough to almost frustrate me but easy enough to not make me rage quit. Rare, to be honest.

Not entirely sure about the whole storyline - I really don't get it in places but I'm sure it's really simple and I'm just being a plank. The decisions actually did make me think and what I thought was the best thing to do wasn't - I like that in a game. As for the expressions? Whoever came up with the all-new Fart one is now my bestest friend in the whole wide world...

The effort required to make friends/lovers is good - makes it last a tad longer than before. I also like the new regions and the upgrades to the enemies in terms of difficulty. Being hounded by Hollow Men, battered by Balverines and mullered by Mercenaries...they are tougher than in Fable 2 as are the boss fights. And the best bit? NO TROLLS! W00T!

This is my favourite installment to date and as far as I'm concerned, this can only get better...plus, who doesn't enjoy shooting garden gnomes who tell you they're going to do your mum??

P.S - I love Reaver. Stephen Fry should be in EVERY Fable game from now on. And John Cleese. And Jonathan Ross. And Simon Pegg.

Status
Not open for further replies.