• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lucien's Fate of Redemption

Rad

Old Name: Zencidal
Premium
Reaction score
Lucien's Fate of Redemption

Lucien
The Hero smiled as he turned the handle to that tiny box; little did I know it was to be my undoing. To get so close and yet to be so far, the powers I was channelling stopped coming slowly, first Hammers, then Garths and finally Reavers. I cried out, I tried to reason with the hero, tried to persuade him. And I could see it, see that sparrow wanted to believe in me. Oh if it wasn’t for that damn Reaver, he shot me and I stumbled back. And then, I fell.

I was falling for ages and as I did I saw that witch, Theresa. She had told me so much and yet I was always just another tool in her great plan. I fell and fell the continuation of it made me wish and hope that my death would come quickly. Oh if only Elle was still here, or my sweet Amelia. How I loved my sister, my daughter and my wife. If only I hadn’t had to kill that sweet young girl, then this would never ever have happened. They all would be here if not for the news of the fourth hero.

Then I hit the ground, and to my great and utter surprise the ground did not break me, no nor did it hurt, well not that much. It was not water as I would have thought, no it was something else. Suddenly a great white light shone through the spire and the world seemed slightly brighter. I need to get out of this place I thought. I looked around and found a gap in the colossal, dark walls. I slowly stuck my head through the gap and heard seagulls cawing.

I smiled and dived into the great blue, before hand taking off unneeded clothes, and began to swim towards the mainland. Towards Oakfield, and then a thought hit me. If I return to Oakfield, Sparrow will surely find me and kill me once and for all. I lifted my head and saw a great ship on the horizon. “That is where I will go!” I said without realising it. I swam quickly towards the ship; oh it was a
g_o_o_d.gif
job, that as a child I would go swimming.
After a tiresome hour and a half of swimming, I finally reached the vast vessel. “Land ho!” I heard a sailor shout, and then another noticed me “Man over board!” and with that he threw a rope down and as I grabbed it lifted me up on board. “Wait a minute your not one of us!” he shouted as he heaved me on the beautiful galleon. I sighed, he knows it’s me. I’m doomed! “I can explain, please don’t send me to sparrow.” I begged, the sailor looked puzzled “Ain’t sparrow that
g_o_o_d.gif
for nuthin who sold the whole of Albion and his family, for one million gold.”

I smiled; his final wish and he chose gold, what a heartless dog. “Yes that’s the one, he said I owed him and I don’t have the money. He killed my sweet, sweet wife and now he’s after me” I sobbed and saw the sailors reaction they all where fierce but after hearing that they seemed to soften. “I reckons we get revenge on that heartless scallywag!” The captain, who had listen to my short tale from the top deck smiled “Aye, I say lets get him, but we’ll ave to do it sneaky like. I heard he owns Fairfax now and that place got top security, he also goes by the name of king now.”

Fairfax Castle, my birthplace and home for most of my life had been taken by that, that monster. “Aye that place has top security, but I know a way round it and once we kill sparrow or as he calls himself King, I promise you all vast riches.”

“So what’s your name, don’t think I caught it?” The captain asked, as we traversed the deck. “My name is, um” I paused, thinking of a nice name “It’s Silvertongue, Arthur Silvertongue.” He nodded and muttered something illegible under his breath. The next morning was tough; the wind blew heavily against the ship. The tides where high and to top it all of another vessel attacked us. They where pirates, and there lord was well known for his skill. “Attack them!” The captain shouted, and the men of the boat ran to the deck head. Bang! Our cannonballs splattered against the hull of the other ship. The ships got closer and the men began to board our ship, the captain looked at me “Can you handle a sword?” I nodded and he threw me his cutlass “Avoid the Pirate Lord, he has a great cutlass. The Wreckager!”

The next few minutes where a blur, it seemed like there where thousands of them. When really there was only a handful, I killed many of them and then I boarded there ship. It was a massacre, lots of our men died along with there’s but in the end, The Pirate Lord began to fight. The man began to cut his way threw the men and with a grin headed towards me “Lucien!” he shouted and then I realised who he was. He was an old friend of mine a great young man, named Darius King. “What are you doing here?” he questioned me as he slaughtered more men. “I was just about to say the same thing.” I shouted killing a lone pirate.
“Help me, and I’ll give you a cut of the profit!” I laughed running towards him, I shouted “Deal, but you must take me to where I need to go!” the other man nodded and then slew a sailor. “Captain the deals off!” I shouted running towards him, he stepped back shocked “But, we had a Gentlemen’s Agreement.” Darius shouted something, but the words where lost in the heat of the battle. I swung my sword at the captain, who narrowly missed it. After what seemed like an age of parrying and striking the captain, Darius calmly shot him in the head. And like that he fell back into the sea.
“Lucien, you old fool!” Darius grinned.

The next few hours where of me and Darius filling each other in, while the pirates cleaned the decks and carried a huge chest up into the cabin. “So you say you fell of the centre of the spire? Ten years ago!” I was shocked by what I had discovered, it had taken me ten years to land at the base of the spire during which the King had been establishing an empire. The taxes where too high to comprehend and the men and women treated worse than dogs.

“We must put a stop to the Kings tyranny!” I shouted, after hearing what he had done. “But was it not you, who wanted a world filled with order.” Darius grinned and I answered “Yes, but I have now realised. That the world is better of in chaos, without some fool trying to rule it all,” I stood and looked out of a huge gaping whole in the cabin wall. “Right then so where is it you want to go?” he said, his grin dissipating.
“I need to get to brightwood, and the closest port would be…
“Westcliffe” we both said and smiled “Well that’s where we must go!” and off we set towards Westcliffe, which luckily was near by. We sailed for a few days and fortunately the wind blew us nearly all the way there, Darius looked at me and said “You must leave now, I don’t have the heart to do what I promised.” I gawked at him and shook my head “What are you on about; we must stop The King, before he corrupts Albion.” Darius lowered his head “He promised me great power, money more than you can imagine an earldom. I couldn’t resist, but I can’t give him you no, not now.” We where both on the top deck, “I’m so sorry.” He said and then threw me into the waters.

Suddenly water flooded my mouth; I tried to get up, up towards the surface. But Darius, he had attached a weight to my leg. I was falling deep into the murky depths; around me I saw different fish whipping the tails against the water. I pulled at the weight, yanked harder than ever before, but I had little oxygen left. I was doomed and I knew it, I just couldn’t believe it had to end like this. Alone in such a horrible place. Suddenly I had an adrenaline rush, I smashed the chain at a nearby rock and everything went black.
So what do you think of Luciens Redemption, and if you would be so kind why not check out my new story (in the making) Arena!

---------------------------------------------------------------
compared to my other stories I pet extreme effort on it. I made this extremly long, I would appreciate if you did read the whole thing. =)

Spartan Hal

Little Foot
Reaction score
Re: Lucien's Fate of Redemption

nice job really showed how power corrupted the Hero in the end! Nice!

Rad

Premium
Reaction score

Spartan Hal;263648 said:
nice job really showed how power corrupted the Hero in the end! Nice!

Thanks I'm happy to hear positive criticism, The part's after Lucien's death arn't in the story, but I just wanted to create a backstory for Lucien and create a better view of him. Since the game you only see him like 3 times? The Hero on the other hand was consumed by corruption, Heroes can't always be good ^^

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score

Really good :) double rep

Rad

Premium
Reaction score

Firis;268291 said:
Really good :) double rep

L

Enforcer
Reaction score

Nice job, + rep for you indeed.

P.S. If youre going to do more, make sure to have Reaver in it ^^

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

Thats awesome!!! plus rep :) ( i didnt read all of it as i have some work i need to do, buti read a good bit of it and tis amazing :) )

Rad

Premium
Reaction score

L;268411 said:
Nice job, + rep for you indeed.

P.S. If youre going to do more, make sure to have Reaver in it ^^

NOO!@!111one I have Reaver, He needs to get shot >_<"

I sent this to reaver...

55efc26ad05633bdaa91b4340a822253.jpg

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

Zencidal;268620 said:
NOO!@!111one I have Reaver, He needs to get shot >_<"

I sent this to reaver...

55efc26ad05633bdaa91b4340a822253.jpg

ROFLMFAO XD XD XD XD

Whats with all the reaver hate? he is voiced by a god D:

Rad

Premium
Reaction score

Ruuku The Kid;268631 said:
ROFLMFAO XD XD XD XD

Whats with all the reaver hate? he is voiced by a god D:

Reaver reminds me of Simon from American Idol. I watch the auditions becuase Simon is like a god at insulting someone.

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

Lol well can't argue with that :p

L

Enforcer
Reaction score

Simon sucks **** *** **** ** **** with **** that can **** on top of ****. Erm, excuse me, I meant Reaver is indeed voiced by a legend. Quite chubby though. Still, a Legend.

Cobalt Gamer

Resident miserable sod.
Reaction score

L;268691 said:
Simon sucks **** *** **** ** **** with **** that can **** on top of ****. Erm, excuse me, I meant Reaver is indeed voiced by a legend. Quite chubby though. Still, a Legend.

Yes stephen Fry is indeed a chubby legend!! a kid who goes to my school likes and acts like him its sooo funny :)

L

Enforcer
Reaction score

How.. Classy ^.^

moonfever

Premium
Reaction score

Really love the story. It had a sad ending. Hope he didn't die.:(+rep

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

hmmm great story. My hero chose love to bring them back. then i did the xbox clock cheat to give me like 5 million gold. But your hero seems corrupt and evil. I cant wait if you add more to this story