• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Marriage of Inconvenience broken!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greyhaven

Reaction score
Ok, I have no idea how I am supposed to complete this quest. It is really bothering me now. Feel like getting my money back for the game. I can't complete it because neither person is clickable, you can do nothing. There is no way to get this quest moving. She is standing in the doorway and he is standing outside. Neither of them are saying a word and I can't get inside the house. I have activated this quest several times and I can do nothing. It is just a staring contest between the two. Any ideas? Anyone having this issue?

Greyhaven

Reaction score
And I can't kill them, so there is something wrong. I have the safety turned off and I tried to kill one of them to try and advance, and.... nothing.

Faedil

Reaction score
have you reset your xbox? i had an issue with this quest originally, but i turned off the xbox for a bit and came back and it was fine.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Either exit to the xbox dashboard or reset your xbox 360. then just reload and start the quest again.

Drew2686

Nap time is before pants time.
Reaction score
Same problem I had. Just follow the above advice and it works again.

TheNephilym

Reaction score
Yeah, it did that to me, too. I just went on about my business and came back to it the next time I played to find it working. So, yeah, turn off your console and come back to it later.

Jyurian

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I seduced the wife, went back to the house, and the quest glitched while they were both standing there staring at each other. Of course, when you go inside, the door closes, and I used the map to go somewhere else and come back, and now I can't get into the house because they're still standing there, the door is STILL closed, the house is un-buyable (I thought I might be able to buy it since the door opens when you do) and they don't answer when I knock (and I can't break it down).

This was a few days ago. I've played several times since, so the turning off the system thing is of no help to me. Any way to reset a quest? Choosing it on the list, manually walking there--nothing works.

Also, I shot out the window (and it's still gone) to see if I could kill them from outside, but they're un-killable. This is completely frustrating, especially since I know it's just a glitch, as it worked fine on my first character.

Greyhaven

Reaction score
Yeah, I have turned off my XBOX several times and the quest is still broken. I have gone and played other quests, then came back to this, and still it is broken. Thank you for the advice, but I have no idea what to do here. I am missing out on 40 guild shields too. I am thinking about no longer buying games anymore. This is really frustrating buying broken games and the developers refuse to fix them. And we all pay 60 bucks for these broken games too. I have tried shooting the window and nothing happens. How do you shoot windows? The bullets go right through as if the windows are not even there. On top of that, but Jasper stopped talking too. I get no help anymore from him and no advice. He is just standing there and not saying a word. I am really hating this game.

Guydo

Reaction score
Ok. So it's been about a year or more since this game's been out. I've been running it on the Xbox with the latest title update on Live, and all I can say is that it's atrocious. This was my first glitch. I can't complete it. So, I used some mods to not only back up my save because it erases occasionally, but also edit the coordinates of my player to fix this quest. I couldn't interact with whatsherface, and I couldn't enter her home. I put myself inside the home, and still couldn't talk to her. I heard you could trigger her response by stealing. Tried it. Couldn't get a response. Upon leaving, I realized that an invisible wall exists where the door stands open. I can't believe how ridiculous this is. Lionhead really sucks at what they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.