• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mass Effect 3 Confirmed

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Bioware have finally unveiled Mass Effect 3 after a couple of weeks of viral trailers and hints about a new game they were working on. Here is the reveal trailer for everyone to see...

Azer249

Reaction score
YEY! YEY! YEY!

Ok that looks shweeeeet. Nice find drakan ive been seeing screenshots of the trailer and when i seen the sniper scope one i thought mass effect :p nice find!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I thought the crosshairs looked very Mass Effect like but the other 'clues' didnt give much away.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Wow looks like You get to visit Earth in this one, London to be specific. Great trailer.

Yeah thats right, the official press info was the following:

Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.

Azer249

Reaction score
Should be awsome. Cant wait to see what the gameplays like. I hope it goes back to the roots of mass effect 1 with more armour weapons and customisation. I felt dissapointed when they only had around 5 armours and 5 guns in mass effect 2 not enought customisation ammo weapons and armour wise. :)

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Looks seeeeeeeeeeik!

Reaction score
Should be awsome. Cant wait to see what the gameplays like. I hope it goes back to the roots of mass effect 1 with more armour weapons and customisation. I felt dissapointed when they only had around 5 armours and 5 guns in mass effect 2 not enought customisation ammo weapons and armour wise. :)

It might be somewhere in between the two this time.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I hope it is im one of these people who like lots of menus and things to fiddle with.

I didnt miss menus but i missed customisation and lots of loot. So long as the loot isnt the same thing with different name and stats i dont mind (aka ME1).

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I wasn't as impressed with ME2 as I was with ME1 so I'm hoping they stop trying to make such enormous yet inaccessible environments. BioWare are good at size but sometimes miss out on the details which you would find in a less adventurous title. The characters weren't as interesting to me after a while as they were in the first game - they were great up to a point and then it was just the same stuff being churned out until you hit the right place in the game and all of a sudden they got their personality and ability to speak more than two sentences again.

I might get this, or borrow it, just to see where they go with the series.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
They were great up to a point and then it was just the same stuff being churned out until you hit the right place in the game and all of a sudden they got their personality and ability to speak more than two sentences again.

Yeah i noticed that too, i mean Mass Effect is well known for having a bomb load of dialog but after a while they just repeated the same line over and over until you went away and did something. Id just done something epic and all they had to tell me was a little of their background and then ignore me? Where was the congratulations and situational conversations? We were fighting for our lives and they showed about a sentence of concern before going back to telling me about themselves.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
"Fractured my thumb on the mute button again" was getting really annoying after a while. Give Seth Green more lines!

I MEAN HOW MANY TIMES IN ONE DAY CAN YOU FRACTURE YOUR THUMB?!

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I also got a little disappointed with how radical some of the personality changes were - especially with Jacob and Jack. Up until you get them to fall for you they are fairly hard and solid characters. Then once you get to the magic point where they suddenly love you, they go from cool to embarrassingly clingy and pathetic. Everything that might have drawn you to them as a person seems to disappear. Jacob was the worst - gone was my nice rough, tough guy; instead I got left with someone who I thought any minute would show me his latest cross-stitch heart with our names in it...

And the whole Jack-crying-after-sex thing was just a little too cliché for me. I was hoping she'd all but decapitate me afterwards and leave my carcass as a warning to future lovers...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Problem with ME2 was that they sold out on so many good aspects of ME1 in order to appeal to the mindless shooter crowd of gamers. Or to put it bluntly; they cut away a lot of the RPG elements and replaced them with Action/TPS elements(ammo, wtf? It's been a year or so now and I still can't forgive them for making the guns ammo-based!). I hope ME3 goes back to it's RPG roots rather than dive deeper into the shooter swamp... Also:

Wrex > All other companions, past and present.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I hated the shooter aspect of ME2 - it really made me rage because ME1 had something really great going on. But this was all just shoot, story, shoot, story. Major disappointment. And then the first DLC that was released was just more shooty shooty stuff. I half expected them to release something dreadful like a Mass Effect Halo-style map pack or something...

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
TBH, I found that ammo was so abundant that it really didn't make a difference.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
This looks good, pretty good. But I never even played ME or ME2 so I probably wouldn't get this.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I clicked on the link and the video popped up and I JIZZED IN MY PANTS.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
TBH, I found that ammo was so abundant that it really didn't make a difference.

Its the principle. They f***ed their established lore in favour of appealing to the mindless shooter crowd.