• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mass Effect 3 is getting a demo

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
And if you own Battlefield 3 on ANY platform and activate your online pass, you get early access to it. Coming to everyone in January next year (precise date unspecified as yet), there's going to be a Mass Effect 3 pre-release demo allowing fans the chance to try out both the single-player and multiplayer elements of the game prior to the March launch date. A happy new year to all, I'd say...

Mass Effect pre-release demo coming - GreyViper

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
A FPS giving early access to a RPG demo.

A FPS.

Giving early access to...

A RPG demo.

th_facedesk.gif

Y U DO THIS?!

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
The problem here isn't that it's an FPS. The problem here is that I don't OWN the FPS. And have no intention of doing so.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
An FPS giving early access to an RPG demo.

An FPS.

Giving early access to...

An RPG demo.

th_facedesk.gif

Y U DO THIS?!

I had to correct your post... it was really bugging me. ._.

Remember: if the word makes a vowel sound at the beginning, use an! :D

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
When it comes to nerdrage, grammar can suck the big one.

Also, don't be such a egghead, Ty. *trollface*

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I have no intention on buying Battlefield 3, so I will miss out. Damn you EA...

I hope you're happy with yourselves, EA. I hope you're happy! *waves fist*

Someone hold me.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
With gusto.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Guess its not that different from Crackdown having early access codes for the Halo 3 Beta in it, one was an open world 3rd person shooter and the other an FPS. Simply because both games were published by Microsoft so its not uncommon. I get its a little weird when one is an RPG and the other an FPS but the reasoning is the same.

At least they are giving people the chance to try both aspects of the game before release and also at the same time rewarding people who spent their hard earned cash on other games they publish.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The early access for ME3 you get with BF3 is for the multiplayer portion (I got the code inside my case).

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
DRAAAAAKAN: How is it? WE MUST KNOW.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
DRAAAAAKAN: How is it? WE MUST KNOW.

Single player is decent so far but Battlefield was designed to be played online and havent tried that yet. The multiplayer is apparently the best online game on consoles according to verdicts from around the world though. Shame they have made the single player so restricted when compared to the multiplayer though. Like having a Ferrari and someone restricting it to 30mph. You know its got the power under the hood and it looks great but it all seems very play it safe and holds your hand though the single player.

I think its the best single player campaign of any Battlefield yet though and is a step in the right direction. Just wont match up to the chaos of multiplayer and the freedom they give you in that.

Also thought of another reason they could have for giving BF 3 gamers early access to a Bioware title. As DICE and Bioware shared technology, tools and knowledge in the development of both titles. Some ME3 audio developers worked on BF3 also and DICE gave Bioware tips on weapon sounds etc (as they are one of the best at audio in the business).

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Does that mean you haven't played the ME3 demo yet?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Not out until Jan (says in first post). ;)

And if you own Battlefield 3 on ANY platform and activate your online pass, you get early access to it. Coming to everyone in January next year (precise date unspecified as yet), there's going to be a Mass Effect 3 pre-release demo allowing fans the chance to try out both the single-player and multiplayer elements of the game prior to the March launch date. A happy new year to all, I'd say...

Mass Effect pre-release demo coming - GreyViper

Unless I misread it, that seemed to imply to me that you guys who got BF3 get early access and everyone else gets it in January... does early access just mean "before January" and not "immediately?"

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Unless I misread it, that seemed to imply to me that you guys who got BF3 get early access and everyone else gets it in January... does early access just mean "before January" and not "immediately?"

Its probably a couple of days earlier or something.