• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Microsoft looking at changing update system

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Microsoft are looking into changing their policy on game patches and the long certification procedure patches must go through before being released over Xbox Live. Minecraft could be the first title to benefit from this change in the policy too, as Paddy Burns, chief technology officer at 4J Studios explains (Xbox Live Arcade port of Minecraft):

Microsoft knows that to do a similar thing that's on PC where they constantly update it, that's a very difficult thing to do on Xbox because you have to go through the full tests. But they are quite keen to move towards that - they do see it as the future, so I think we might be the first to do constant updates.
I think that there will always be Microsoft testing involved but the whole turnaround of that testing they're hoping to speed up, so we can maybe roll out every two months. We'll have to see how that goes ... I'm really looking forward to it being updated with patches and new features after it's released.

Microsoft are also looking into fixing the "colourspace" issues with some Xbox 360 video applications. As according to sources the last dashboard update lowered the quality of video playback. Major Nelson has the following to say about the issue
We're aware of the colorspace issue w/ some Xbox video apps & are working on a fix. No ETA yet but we hope to have an update soon...