• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

N0L1MB5

Ninja elder #3
Reaction score
MMO

What would you all think if Fable turned into an mmorpg???

Sandgoose

BWARK!
Reaction score
Re: MMO

Can we please get a "The Future of Fable" or "Series Discussion" section on the forums, It just seems odd to see everyone's ideas for the series on a Fable III board.

Rad

Old Name: Zencidal
Premium
Reaction score

Sandgoose;340212 said:
Can we please get a "The Future of Fable" or "Series Discussion" section on the forums, It just seems odd to see everyone's ideas for the series on a Fable III board.

Well, Fable 3 isn't out yet. So people would post there Ideas here, but By the Time Fable 3 will be out, they will probably update the forum appropriately. To Add Sections Etc, Like "Fable III Help" "Fable III Discussion" or "Fable III Trade" [If there is trade]. So I think it's to early for that now.

Daan013

Reaction score

No Fable 3 can't be an MMO.

If it involves ruling kingdoms with physical land (in-game) it wouldn't be possible, they would need to keep expanding the land every hour (impossible job).

Besides, I like how Fable is right now, Singleplayer...

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

N0L1MB5;339977 said:
What would you all think if Fable turned into an mmorpg???

i would be very disappointed and commit suicide by jumping out of my butt shaped indentation in my couch.

Psychosis

Reaction score

Fable as an online game would be just awful. There is no more to it than that. There are so many fantasy RGP MMOs out there, WoW being the obvious one, where you play a Hero destined for greatness. Please, don't toss Fable down that same dreadful path of mainstream teenage hype.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

I'm already probably not getting it if it contains MS's microtransaction bull****.

That being said, Fable would be crap if it tried to be WoW.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score

Arseface;345722 said:
I'm already probably not getting it if it contains MS's microtransaction bull****.

That being said, Fable would be crap if it tried to be WoW.
took the words right out of my mouth+rep

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

It must've been while you were kissing me.....

Mandaly

Hullabaloo
Reaction score

Arseface;345776 said:
It must've been while you were kissing me.....

cute...

Please dont hurt me....what does mmorpg stand for.... I know what rpg is....its the mmo part....

Cain

Reaction score

MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online

Mandaly

Hullabaloo
Reaction score

Ahh, so heroes would go around killing each other? I am such a sore loser, I would never play.

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score

Not necessarily; the point of MMOs is to get you to play as long as you can, increasing the chances of you using real money to get items if it is a free MMO, or making you continue to pay the monthly fee, if it is a pay-to-play game (or both, in some cases...). They do this by either doing what WoW and only WoW did, which is make the game so diverse, unique and fun, you never want to quit playing. Leveling in WoW is not nearly as hard as some other games (Ragnarok Online), but once you're level 80, what's next? Get all the Tier sets.

Other games, such as MapleStory (which has bombared the United States with advertisements) take an extremely long time to reach the maximum level; there is no appeal to the game except pixels you can buy with real money, and getting your friends to play so you play. And it's successful.

The special thing about single player RPGs is that it's usually easier in the aspect of levelling, gold and looking like how you want to. In WoW, it's quite hard to get Tier sets; in MapleStory, it's extremely hard to get to level 200. In Fable, although we all criticize the game for its difficulty level, it's one of the things that defines it (although upping the difficulty a bit wouldn't be detrimental at all).

Mandaly

Hullabaloo
Reaction score

Arladerus, thank you for that explanation. It is very helpful. I had pictured something like the multiplayer 007 games. Where you can only see a gun sticking out of the screen and you chase other people around and shoot them...I HATE that game.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score

Simply put:

It would be gay @ss cr@p that wouldn't work. And I would never get to play it because xbox live costs too much.

Cain

Reaction score

Mandaly;345922 said:
Arladerus, thank you for that explanation. It is very helpful. I had pictured something like the multiplayer 007 games. Where you can only see a gun sticking out of the screen and you chase other people around and shoot them...I HATE that game.

Goldeneye was a great game though.

Arladerus

Unknown Paladin
Reaction score

Only if you meant Goldeneye 007. =)

I love it. I still can't beat Aztec on Agent, or any of the levels past and including Statue on Double 0 Agent.

No GameShark!

Mandaly

Hullabaloo
Reaction score

The White Knight;346002 said:
Goldeneye was a great game though.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Bond games...just not the multiplayer version. Gives me motion sickness and I just cant hit anything, I always die. Even on slappers only...So frustrating.

Give me a good ole hack and slash or platformer game and I am set for hours....maybe days.....quite possibly weeks.

Cain

Reaction score

Arladerus;346110 said:
Only if you meant Goldeneye 007. =)

I love it. I still can't beat Aztec on Agent, or any of the levels past and including Statue on Double 0 Agent.

No GameShark!

Yes I meant Goldeneye 007. Why would anybody like Rogue Agent.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score

I've realised that the reason I don't like MMOs (just then, actually), is that I hate having to cooperate with people to get **** done.

Status
Not open for further replies.