• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Molyneux: Fable 3 Will NOT Include Kinect Functionality at Launch

Status
Not open for further replies.

sfroggy1

Resident Muppet
Premium
Reaction score

sfroggy1news.gif

fable3.kinect.080410-530px.png

Lionhead boss and Microsoft Game Studios Europe director Peter Molyneux has revealed on the Engadget Show that Fable 3 will not ship with any Kinect functionality, despite past confirmations to the contrary. Joystiq spoke with Molyneux following his appearance on the show and learned that some form of Kinect content may be available post-launch, and that whatever was initially planned to be built into the game just wasn't up to snuff.

We've spoken with Microsoft PR, which was unaware of Molyneux's exact comments. It reaffirmed that the legendary designer is a strong proponent of Kinect, and has spoken of its use in Fable 3 before, but also told us that it can't discuss what role the hardware will play in the game "at this time."

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score
Re: Molyneux: Fable 3 Will NOT Include Kinect Functionality at Launch

Thanks again sfroggy. I still laugh every time I see Kermit in the trench-coat. I guess this won't really matter, though. The kinect thing is released after Fable is, right?

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

good!
(and if I had my way there'd be no kinect at all!)

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

Skorm's Boss;412999 said:
good!

What's so wrong with Kinect? I mean, I understand why someone might not want it in Fable 3. It's new and probably unperfected, so there might be some bugs, but what about after that?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Im glad, at least they will use the time to develop the game and bug test properly rather than wasting all of their remaining time working with the new Kinect technology to get that right above everything else.

G

GMRauru

Same, I would much rather see a clean game than one with an update the day it comes out because they were messing around with Kinect functions and have to fix something.

sirsimon

Reaction score

the game would have been too messy with kinect and I don't find dancing and performing expressions in front of the tv a fun idea.

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

Necromancer11;413090 said:
What's so wrong with Kinect? I mean, I understand why someone might not want it in Fable 3. It's new and probably unperfected, so there might be some bugs, but what about after that?

i agree. I would not like kinect in fable 3, just because what i am thinking of what it is, it doesnt seem like the type of control for fable 3. But i would love to see it in the future, and purchase it along with project milo

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

good!

Same here, I think it's stupid. It's Xbox 360 not the Wii. >.<

TheDarkCynder

Reaction score

GhostlyIcicle;414613 said:
Same here, I think it's stupid. It's Xbox 360 not the Wii. >.<

Microsoft doesn't want to fall behind in marketing. Both Nintendo and Sony have something similar to Kinect.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

TheDarkCynder;414630 said:
Microsoft doesn't want to fall behind in marketing. Both Nintendo and Sony have something similar to Kinect.

Plus Nintendo have most the sales in that area and the Wiimote is heavily criticized in most reviews as being imprecise and temperamental. With Microsoft and Sonys cash they could make something MUCH better and at the same time keep the hardcore games on the same platform and attract sales from both the casual gamers and hardcore gamers alike.

Skorm's Boss

Nasty Bugger
Reaction score

my problem with kinect, microsoft move and the wii is they assume ever single game player out there is 100% able bodied.
It's like all these movies coming out in 3D, the assumption that everyone can use 3D glasses is ridiculous!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Skorm's Boss;414727 said:
my problem with kinect, microsoft move and the wii is they assume ever single game player out there is 100% able bodied.
It's like all these movies coming out in 3D, the assumption that everyone can use 3D glasses is ridiculous!

Thats why they offer a choice, either use the motion control or dont or watch it in 3D or stick to 2D.

Vicious Dice

Smashing Pumpkins
Reaction score

good!

Agreed.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I'm really looking forward to kinect but I'm glad that it won't be in Fable III to start. It's like any technology, you don't use it for the sake of using it. You use it to enhance the game play or story. I don't see playing 90+% of the game using the controller then putting it down to get up and move around an enhancement. In fact the only way I see an integration between controller and Kinect is one person using the controller while the other got up.

On the other hand the idea of casting spells sword fighting and using a bow (sorry Fable II and III) sounds awesome! Someone needs to make that game just not Lionhead

Status
Not open for further replies.