• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Most powerful Jedi and Sith?

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Most powerful Jedi and Sith?

Just as a random and nerdy question, who do you think are the most powerful Jedi and the most powerful Sith in the Star Wars series?

I have not researched thoroughly on this, so it is mostly by memory.

But as for Jedi, I think the most powerful were Yoda and Annakin.

My reasoning of this is that Yoda is really old, really wise and strong in the force, he is also a good swordsman, but he got bested a few times, I will get to that later. Annakin is the chosen one and has a ton of power, and the highest mediclorian(?) count they have found, no matter how emo he is.

The Sith I think is a bit harder, I believe Revan was extremely powerful, but I never completed KOTOR. So my votes are for Sidious and Dooku.

The reasoning behind this is that Dooku managed to (barely) hold his own against Yoda, beat Annakin and Obi(twice) and would have killed both in the beginning of Episode 3 had Sidious not made him try to help turn Annakin. (I think Dooku lost the battle on purpose, he was tempting Annakin to use his anger, etc throughout, and easily dispatched Obi; who was also very powerful)
Then we have Sidious, who managed to kill four Jedi Masters who were on the Council (The highest up of the Jedi) in under thirty seconds, and had a seemingly purposefully drawn out fight with Windu to tempt Annakin. Then in a severely weakened state managed to fend off Yoda, and only died when Vader's heart grew ten sizes. He also trained Dooku, Maul, Vader, and others, all of whom were extremely powerful. Not to mention he fooled basically the entire universe for years.

Your opinions?

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score
Re: Most powerful Jedi and Sith?

Medichlorians do not count!!! I wanna force choke anyone that approved that wretched idea...

Anyway, Yoda isn't the most powerful Jedi because he died. He WAS arguably one of the strongest, if not wisest.

Also, can I add, Sidious would never have gotten away with it if it wasn't for ****ing JarJar Binks who gave him emergency powers over the senate. ;[

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score

*Anakin

I'm pretty sure Dagzey could answer this though.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

Most Powerful Jedi: They were all killed by Boba Fett.

Most Powerful Sith: They killed themselves to avoid Boba Fett.

In short, Boba Fett is the best.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

KotOR spoilers

Most powerful Jedi: Revan after Malak betrays him.

Most powerful Sith: Revan before Malak betrays him.

That is all.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Luke Skywalker is without a doubt the strongest Jedi to ever exist. (Extended Universe)

There are too many examples to support this statement, so I'll just leave this link.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Amon Amarth;430362 said:
Most Powerful Jedi: They were all killed by Boba Fett.

Most Powerful Sith: They killed themselves to avoid Boba Fett.

In short, Boba Fett is the best.

Only in a universe where Han Solo doesn't exist.

Anyway, Sidious was pretty lame, Mace Windu almost killed him.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Deffs gotta be Yoda and Palpatine. Their epic battle in the senate was pretty crazy, and no one really one.

Arld

WTB Deus Ex 3
Reaction score

Knights of the Old Republic characters shouldn't, at all, be compared to the ones from the trilogy.

That said, it's pretty much known, and stated by George himself, that Sidious (a.k.a. Palpatine), is the strongest Sith Force user that exists. However, if it comes to battling through usage of melee, it can become a bit of a different story.

Sidious managed to kill Windu. Some might think it's because 'Anakin helped'. No. Sidious could've easily destroyed Windu single-handedly. However, this was a perfect opportunity to turn Anakin slowly, as foreseen by Sidious himself. Everything pretty much fell into place, so to say.

Surely Sidious has killed Plagueis in his sleep. That doens't mean he isn't the strongest, or a coward. He killed Plagueis in his sleep, because he could.

Strongest Sith in overall: Sidious.
Strongest Jedi in overall: Luke (as stated by Droded, and almost can't be counter-argued with).

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score

Well, if I had to pick, MY Darth Reven. She was dual wielding, flurry based with a ton of Wisdom to make her force powers intense, full Dark Side. Started as a Consular, ended as an Assassin. She was scary...

But yea, Luke has to be the strongest Jedi, cuz he just is for no other reason than he is the main character.

And Sidious, while awesome, I don't think is THE best. Best Force user definitely. But I honestly have no clue who else it would be so I have to settle for him anyway.

I don't know enough about the movies and books that go with said movies. I know more about The Old Republic.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score

Rat;430304 said:
Anyway, Yoda isn't the most powerful Jedi because he died.

He died of old age.......

*rolleyes*

droded;430373 said:
Luke Skywalker is without a doubt the strongest Jedi to ever exist. (Extended Universe)

There are too many examples to support this statement, so I'll just leave this link.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luke_Skywalker

Well I haven't read anything beyond the films, but in the films he's the worst jedi ever, barely know anything, takes him a whole movie to learn how to move objects with the force. I hate lLuke skywalker.

In my opinion I'd say either Revan (Kotor), Starkiller (TFU) or Yoda.

As for Sith, I'd go for Sidious, with the killing the jedi masters so easily and concealing his darkside powers from the council for so long. Plus he makes Yoda sweat, not an easy feat.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

The strongest Jedi is Galen Marek (Starkiller), although Mace Windu is a close second. They both bested Sidious, but Starkiller did it after already having an intense fight with Vader. He was also able to block Sidious' lightning, which Windu couldn't. Yoda couldn't beat Sidious though. He's not the strongest Jedi; he's the wisest. We should also remember something that Anakin said to Obi Wan in episode 3. It was on Coruscant, the last time they saw each other before Anakin was turned. They were saying goodbye, and Anakin told Obi Wan that he was as powerful as Master Windu and as wise as Master Yoda. Obviously this wasn't true, but let's look at it from a different aspect, one that has nothing to do with Obi Wan. If Yoda was more powerful than Mace Windu, why would Anakin have included Windu in his compliment at all?

The most powerful Sith is Darth Plagueis. He's the only one ever to have enough knowledge and control over the force to stop people from dying and to even create new life. He also discovered how to become a force ghost after dying.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score

Necromancer11;430590 said:
why would Anakin have included Windu in his compliment at all?

Because he was as wise as Yoda, but not as powerful as Yoda. /
As wise as Yoda, but only as powerful as Mace Windu.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Hermit;430441 said:
He died of old age.......

He was making a joke that he was the most powerful, since he is dead now.

Hermit;430441 said:
Well I haven't read anything beyond the films, but in the films he's the worst jedi ever, barely know anything, takes him a whole movie to learn how to move objects with the force. I hate lLuke skywalker.

The rate at which he learned how to use the force is precisely why he turned out to be the best Jedi the universe had ever seen. Luke advanced more quickly than any other known Jedi before him in lightsaber combat, being as powerful as Vader after receiving only about one year of training.

Necromancer11;430590 said:
The strongest Jedi is Galen Marek (Starkiller), although Mace Windu is a close second. They both bested Sidious, but Starkiller did it after already having an intense fight with Vader.

Galen Marek is in a non-canonical game, so although he may have been powerful, he effectively does not exist in the Star Wars Universe. Also, Mace Windu has never beaten Darth Sidious in a duel, not sure what you think you are talking about. (Also, Rotid is completely correct in the previous post)

Darth Sidious is widely believed to be the strongest Sith to ever exist, as not even Grand Master Yoda could defeat him in a duel. He was however, killed by Luke Skywalker after being reborn in the extended universe.

If the wiki is TL;DR, then basically Luke singlehandedly does a bunch of badass stuff, notably nearly singlehandedly whiping out the entire army of the Yuuzhan Vong. Here is a quote to go with this:

"Luke's control over his lightsaber blade was so great that he was said to might as well have been wielding ten, or twenty lightsabers against the Vong."

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

droded;430605 said:
Galen Marek is in a non-canonical game, so although he may have been powerful, he effectively does not exist in the Star Wars Universe.

Games are entirely canon.

droded;430605 said:
Also, Mace Windu has never beaten Darth Sidious in a duel, not sure what you think you are talking about.

Well if you think Sidious was holding back, that's all the more reason to believe Starkiller is stronger than Windu.

TRA Rotid;430593 said:
Because he was as wise as Yoda, but not as powerful as Yoda. /
As wise as Yoda, but only as powerful as Mace Windu.

droded;430605 said:
(Also, Rotid is completely correct in the previous post)

I don't think that's the case. Anakin was trying to flatter him, give him the best compliment possible. He was telling Obi Wan that he had all the power, skills, and knowledge of the greatest members of the Jedi Order.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Necromancer11;430626 said:
Games are entirely canon.

Well if you think Sidious was holding back, that's all the more reason to believe Starkiller is stronger than Windu.

I have played one of the Force Unleashed games, and as far as I can tell there are several choices you can make. Only one set of these choices are canon, the rest are entirely untrue. Also, I never said anything regarding Galen Marek or Mace Windu.

Also, the name Starkiller is non-canon in itself.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Jar-Jar Binks and C3P0 obviously.

Wait, this wasn't about who's the most unnecessary and stupid comic relief characters?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score

droded;430631 said:
I have played one of the Force Unleashed games, and as far as I can tell there are several choices you can make. Only one set of these choices are canon, the rest are entirely untrue.

There's only once choice, and it's at the end. Obviously the choice to kill Vader isn't canon, but choosing to fight Sidious is. Star Wars games do that all the time. They have a dark side and light side ending, but only one is canon. It's usually the light side.

droded;430631 said:
Also, I never said anything regarding Galen Marek or Mace Windu.

You said that Mace Windu never actually won a duel against Sidious. I'm assuming that you meant Sidious was holding back as part of his plan to turn Anakin to the dark side, and he didn't have an all out duel with Windu. All I was saying was if that's the case, then it presents more evidence that Starkiller is stronger than Windu because Windu had a tough time beating Sidious when Sidious was holding back, but Starkiller was able to beat Sidious at his best.

droded;430631 said:
Also, the name Starkiller is non-canon in itself.

No, it's canon. It's just his codename.

Rat

Kicker Of Hobbes
Reaction score

Lol. When I read 'Starkiller' I just keep thinking of Skywalker. People that get the connection deserve a handshake.

onwingsoflead

Reaction score

I'm not sure who it is, but in the trailer for Star Wars: The Old Republic, the Sith Lord leading the attack is damn powerful. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOvbv-LkK6w

As for Jedi, I would go with either Luke Skywalker, or The Exile from KOTOR 2: TSL (light side)