• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MURD3R3R - Concept art

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
While trying to work on my drawing skills(Computer and Pen/Paper), I started drawing one of the characters from a game I've been making for quite some time. I don't know when my art shifted from stick-figures and such to this, but it's a welcome improvement to me. Lost my mouse, but will work on drawing and uploading more images.
Here's the main character of the game; 33:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
And Another, This one bad quality from phone:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
I need to work more on perspectives, and start drawing cleaner/better backgrounds. Oh, and make the guy a little more expressive, he nails everything but surprised and normal happy (Ear-to-Ear Grin works fine though)
Thoughts? These aren't really full pictures yet, just concept art.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I really like the first image, quite a cool macabre silhouette scene goin' on.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
I really like the first image, quite a cool macabre silhouette scene goin' on.

Yeah, I'm much better with computer artwork, though I only use '05 Paint. No clue why I hate the newer versions, if I could just learn to use them... Oh well.
Really enjoyed making a High-Contrast Black and White One though.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
For some reason when I look at this it makes me think of the Gorillaz.

Nice job, Arc.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
For some reason when I look at this it makes me think of the Gorillaz.

Nice job, Arc.

I thought that too, reminds me of 2-D

2D-gorillaz-338173_435_549.jpg

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
Got a point there, Except 2-D looks much more professional, ha.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
Rougher, did this on Powerpoint, took about 30 minutes on and off I'd say.
33lightconceptmoar.png

Earlier draft:
33lightconcept.png

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Interesting style you have here, it's quite different to say the least. I like it.

Do you have a story already written for the game? I'm curious to know more behind all this.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
Interesting style you have here, it's quite different to say the least. I like it.

Do you have a story already written for the game? I'm curious to know more behind all this.

Extensive and basically finished as far as the story goes. Gameplay is rough as hell though. Might scrap it and turn the script into a movie, If you want I'll send you an overview of what the game is though.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Extensive and basically finished as far as the story goes. Gameplay is rough as hell though. Might scrap it and turn the script into a movie, If you want I'll send you an overview of what the game is though.

Sure man, send away.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
Here's another one, this one a little more about the quote than the picture. Took me about 26 minutes, at least that's what my timer says. Font for everything '33' related so far is Viner Hand ITC, By the way. Didn't come out how I wanted for the face, but otherwise, pretty good in my honest opinion.

findingpeace.png

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
Antagonist/Boss Concept 1:

memoriesinshadow.png

33 looks pretty ugly when he gets surprised, but I'm happy with it. This one took 2 hours, give or take. I'm starting to like Powerpoint as a way of drawing concept art/posters.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
33 looks pretty ugly when he gets surprised, but I'm happy with it. This one took 2 hours, give or take. I'm starting to like Powerpoint as a way of drawing concept art/posters.

Thoughts/Suggestions?

If his eyebrows could be a bit more visible it'd help with his facial expressions more, since I didn't notice them at first it made him seem more crazy than surprised. The removal of the line "Wait..." I think would help the dialog flow better in that picture. Other than that, I think it looks great.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
If his eyebrows could be a bit more visible it'd help with his facial expressions more, since I didn't notice them at first it made him seem more crazy than surprised. The removal of the line "Wait..." I think would help the dialog flow better in that picture. Other than that, I think it looks great.

Gotcha, see what you're saying there. I'll try a redo on his surprised face later, thorughly pleased with how the Shadow of 33 turned out, at least.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
Lately I've been trying to make these either smooth (My Avatar), or in my Geometric style I've been doing(Earlier Pictures), and tried crossing the two here:

33cleaninpipes.png

Eventually, I'll get the hang of this. Incidentally, my ability to draw a realistic perspective is slightly improving.

Does he look a lot younger here to anyone else?

Thoughts are welcome, as well as suggestions.

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
Wow. I love this style of art. Keep up the good work. I'm definitely looking forward to more of it.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
Wow. I love this style of art. Keep up the good work. I'm definitely looking forward to more of it.

Thanks, trying my best. I might post a mini comic of him up here if I finish it, show off his personality some.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Eventually, I'll get the hang of this. Incidentally, my ability to draw a realistic perspective is slightly improving.

Does he look a lot younger here to anyone else?

Thoughts are welcome, as well as suggestions.

He does look younger, yes. The only real issues I see here are just the hands, but hands are admittedly a pain in the ass for a lot of artists. Looks nice other than that.

Arc Caster

Sarcastic Slacker
Reaction score
He does look younger, yes. The only real issues I see here are just the hands, but hands are admittedly a pain in the ass for a lot of artists. Looks nice other than that.
Yeah, might try and give him clawlike hands rather than the blocky ones he has, since I'm better with those.

Rano

Legend
Reaction score
The 1st one is really cool =) btw Giki chan's avatar is awsum =D