• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My biggest disappoints with Fable 3 (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paragon

The Ghoul
Reaction score
My favorite part about the previous Fable games was how your morality directly affected your charater's appearance.
However, in this game, your morality doesn't affect your character until the end of the game.
You'll either get stupid angel wings or stupid devil wings... and they only appear when you do a fancy flourish attack...
WHAT HAPPENED TO THE DEVIL HORNS AND THE HALOS!?!?!?!?!
There are no changes to your character's appearance from morality besides the stupid wing things!!!!!
This makes me deeply sad. : (

My other disappoints include the replacement of the menu with the stupid sanctuary... I liked the menu in Fable 2, I thought it worked well. The sanctuary is much more tedious than a simple menu!
And the road to rule/guild seal system is a horrible substitute for experience.
Also, the final battle goes by way too fast and is too easy.

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score
I liked the absence of horns and halos. I hated those.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
First of all, your appearance does change depending on whether you're good or evil long before the end. If you're good, you look perfectly normal with white skin but if you're evil, your skin grows pale and you get dark rings around your eyes. My character looks quite frightening in his evil state but I agree... I was hoping for a little more than just pale skin.

I actually prefer the Sanctuary over the previous menus, much less clutter and I can easily switch between rooms using the D-Pad. Also, the Road to Rule made things significantly easier and while I'm not a fan of having things just handed to me... I thought it was somewhat interesting.

However, I do agree with you about the final battle. I expected something far more epic but that's what I get for hoping for anything.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
My biggest disappointment has to be the oh-so-hyped Weapon Morphing. It is just a case of unlocking four different Morphs(which seems to happen all randomly, too boot!) which you are then stuck with for all eternity. It doesn't morph or evolve depending on your actions like your Hero does as he shifts back and forth between good and evil and his appearance changes accordingly. It doesn't change anymore after those four unlocks. Even the addition of these wings to the standard Good/Evil morph of the Hero has it beat.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
Anything to do with Magic and crap, I hate.

I wish Fable was a Revolutionary War-era type game, with nothing but Swords and Guns, a great skill tree for each category, and the clothing was that of the soldiers in the Revolution Period in America (like British redcoats).

I also wish all the Will was taken out, all the Balverines, all the Hobbes, and the Hollowmen, and everything else fantasy-like. Wolves are fine, the Bandits were fine, the occasional enemy soldiers were fine.

Ah dude, and I wish we had a cover system, like you equip a gun, and can hide behind short walls and around buildings. And you could get Guards to follow you and they'd help you. So basically, lead a group of Guards to a group of Bandits or enemy soldiers, and fight them, like a Revolutionary battle, with them using cover and everything.

*jizzes*.

Fable3Fan

Reaction score
Actually all that I found was that whenever I attempted to do a flourish I wouldn't be able to see because of some big white wings (Yeah, I'm a good boy) burst out of my spine and blinded my vision of the screen. And the weapon morphing made no sense, Jasper told me that my weapons morphed as I used them, so why the hell did the weapons in the shop morph too? I fancied making one sword for lets say balverines and wolves but after i made the first, every weapon was like it! Fable does have it's moments of making me want to just turn off my Xbox and throw the disk out of the window.

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score

I wish Fable was a Revolutionary War-era type game, with nothing but Swords and Guns, a great skill tree for each category, and the clothing was that of the soldiers in the Revolution Period in America (like British redcoats).

I also wish all the Will was taken out, all the Balverines, all the Hobbes, and the Hollowmen, and everything else fantasy-like. Wolves are fine, the Bandits were fine, the occasional enemy soldiers were fine.

Ah dude, and I wish we had a cover system, like you equip a gun, and can hide behind short walls and around buildings. And you could get Guards to follow you and they'd help you. So basically, lead a group of Guards to a group of Bandits or enemy soldiers, and fight them, like a Revolutionary battle, with them using cover and everything.

*jizzes*.

So in other words, you want to rid the game of everything that makes it Fable. I think you should go buy a FPS.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
So in other words, you want to rid the game of everything that makes it Fable. I think you should go buy a FPS.

This, this, this. Honestly... I'd love to say something mean but I'm too nice for that so I'll just 'Like' your post and leave it at that.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score

*jizzes*.

I think you should trade in Fable III for Gears of War. Have you even played either Fable II or the original and it's expansion pack? Removing those aspects of the game would, as stated by the poster above me, remove all Fabelyness from the game.

tjbyrum1

Reaction score
I think you should trade in Fable III for Gears of War. Have you even played either Fable II or the original and it's expansion pack? Removing those aspects of the game would, as stated by the poster above me, remove all Fabelyness from the game.

I do not own Fable III. I do own Gears of War 1 and 2. I have played and beaten Fable I and Fable II countless times (nearly 20). And I understand that it'd remove Fable. But in-game, I never use Will, and always use Skill to the best of my ability. I want Fable III for its revolutionary zone.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Nothing forces you to use Will in Fable III.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I do not own Fable III. I do own Gears of War 1 and 2. I have played and beaten Fable I and Fable II countless times (nearly 20). And I understand that it'd remove Fable. But in-game, I never use Will, and always use Skill to the best of my ability. I want Fable III for its revolutionary zone.

I'll respond by quoting someone very wise.

Nothing forces you to use Will in Fable III.

Seriously though, just because you don't use it does not mean it should be removed from the game. If that were the case, melee and ranged shouldn't be in there 'cause I don't use either of those (aside from acquiring the achievements).

VOTE

Reaction score
i disagree with everything you said besides the whole apperence thing and the end of the game.....to be honest this game is disappointing compared to what all peter was saying...being king to me was soooo ****in boring and short....i thought you would be making choices through the rest of the game plus the thing peter said about saving a kid out of a burning building...that was nothing even close to that the touch system wasnt even all that cool i wanted more the 1 person to follow me....all in all this game was a bit of a disappointment

VOTE

Reaction score

*jizzes*.
ok you need to buy another besides fable thats by far the dumbest **** i ever heard for a fable game

tjbyrum1

Reaction score
Sorry Vote, I guess, and everyone else. And Malefic, I never said it should be taken OUT of the game. I understand everyone has an opinion.

I understand the fact that I like Guns and Skill, other like Magic and Will. Where I prefer Flourishes and Chains, others prefer Fire and Shock. I see and understand the basic concept here.

Though not worded correctly, I wasn't saying "Will needs to be take out, it sucks, no good. Only guns, and melee weapons. Will is the stupidest thing ever. Everything should be my way." I mean come on, that's ridiculous. I was simply stating I did NOT use Will, and that I WISH (as in I would prefer, not demand) Fable were the way I wanted it.

Imagine if they had Justin Bieber in Fable III, you'd probably not want him, but let's assume I did, wouldn't you wish Bieber wasn't in the game?

But I also understand EVERYONE else thinks differently. Like you might not like something about the game, but I do; I can see it the other way around: Me not liking something and you do like it.

If you read it that way, it wasn't what I meant. I simply stated something I wish for it be, not demanding it be changed.

---

Not to mention FPS are the worst games ever - In my opinion. But I know that it is a popular genre, and therefore I do not think it should be taken from anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.