• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Fable I Fanart

Khalin

Reaction score
I didn't notice the art section here had this much going on until I got bored and noticed the Sig Battle topics after wandering around here this morning. It's probably a bit redundant since you can see the same thing in my sig, but here's some artwork I did of my Fable I character:

ranyu-preview.jpg

It isn't finished yet of course. I wanted to create a Snowspire area setting for the background, but just completing him was a lot of work [7 hours] so I'm taking a little break. I'll finish the background later. Just for reference, here are some screenshots of my actual Fable I character so you can see where the relation comes from.

screenshot-29.jpg

screenshot-32.jpg

screenshot-30.jpg

screenshot-26.jpg

screenshot-38.jpg

screenshot-31-1.jpg

The Archon's Battle Armour is my favourite armour set, without a chest covering. I also love Youngster style hair [best hair in the game to me, though the Normal haircut looks okay too], and no scars at all while keeping him under 30. The Harbinger is also my first pick for a sword in terms of badass looks and usefulness [arguably as good as Avo's Tear/The Sword of Aeons].

L0ki

The Six Gun Caballero
Reaction score
Nice art! Glad there's a new comer to the art side.
Welcome!

I also see you game it on the PC.
Glad there's another PC Gamer on here.

Khalin

Reaction score
Nice art! Glad there's a new comer to the art side.
Welcome!

I also see you game it on the PC.
Glad there's another PC Gamer on here.

nice, very clean very detailed
Thanks! It always feels encouraging to get positive responses on my work. I wasn't sure if anyone here would like my art style or not.

bradio12

Reaction score
your a very talented drawer awesome if you drew that ms painter maybe anyway how did you keep your char under 30 i only had the game afew days hes already 60

Khalin

Reaction score
your a very talented drawer awesome if you drew that ms painter maybe
Thanks! And actually, my usual process for artwork is to sketch something on paper, then scan it. After that. I'll give it lineart and colour in photoshop. It took about 7 hours to finish him, so it's a lengthy process. I'm not sure how long the background will take...

anyway how did you keep your char under 30 i only had the game afew days hes already 60
I have a very unique playstyle that I'm quite particular about because I want my character to be powerful, without having to get old, ugly, or scarred. I'll keep a detailed explanation for this in a spoiler here, and I'll leave a short version at the end of this post for anyone too lazy to read it.

Basically, I max all of the Skill stats as early as possible [7 Accuracy comes first, then 7 Speed, then 7 Guile], and I pick up Slow Time level 2. Later on, I usually get Physical Shield level 2, and that's all I get for spells. The other half of this is that I hold off on upgrading any Strength stats until I come across the Harbinger in Witchwood. The reason for this is because [unless you've already maxed every Strength stat] when you first attempt to pull the Harbinger out of the rock, the game will mark you to fail it. After you fail pulling it out the first time, you are required to increase your Physique by 5, Health by 2, and Toughness by 3. Now obviously, if you've already pumped these stats up prior to this... you'll be forced to pump them up even more [what a waste!]. However, since I go there with 0 Physique/Health/Toughness, I need only get 5/2/3 of these stats, and voila - I get the Harbinger [by the time I get here, I usually have more than enough exp to get these stats instantly]. Of course, I like to max out Physique to 7 since I like maximum melee damage, however I don't like my character getting too buff because it starts to look ugly, ridiculous, and a bit disgusting, so I leave Health at 2 and Toughness at 3 since they are useless anyways [so in short, I leave the Strength stats at 7/2/3 - with this looks plenty strong and "just right" without overdoing it to a nasty hulk state]. Keep in mind that each stat increase you get is +0.7 years of age to your character. With all of this considered, I get the age decreases from the Temples of Avo and Skorm. Each temple has a chance to give you a 5-10 year age reduction. I just reload the game and keep trying until I get -10 years, then I do the same for the other temple, for a total of 20 years taken off my character. So, now for the short version to simplify the math here:

Hero's starting age: 18
Stat Increases:
-Accuracy: 7
-Speed: 7
-Guile: 7
-Physique: 7
-Health: 2
-Toughness: 3
-Slow Time: 2
-Physical Shield: 2

Added all up, this amounts to 37 skill increases. Therefore, since each skill increase adds 0.7 years to your hero's age, this totals to:
37 x 0.7 = 25.9

So since he starts at age 18 and gains 25.9 years, he ends up at 43.9 years old. Subtracting 20 years from this from the Temples of Avo and Skorm blessings, you land on 23.9 years of age [I don't think the game rounds age, so it'll mark it as just 23]. Then you count the 1 year you're required to spend being tortured in Bargate Prison, 1 year after your battle with Jack of Blades in the Chamber of Fate, then 1 final year from traveling to the Northern Wastes on the Ship of the Drowned. So, that's 3 years the game requires you to age to add to 23, and there you have my age 26 character. This varies for me from different playthroughs, since sometimes I'll get a little more or a little less spell increases each time. However, I prefer keeping him under 30 at all costs.

Phew, long post. I felt like I just made a mini-walkthrough.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Thanks! It always feels encouraging to get positive responses on my work. I wasn't sure if anyone here would like my art style or not.

i love the boots :p you did an awesome job

bradio12

Reaction score
Thanks! And actually, my usual process for artwork is to sketch something on paper, then scan it. After that. I'll give it lineart and colour in photoshop. It took about 7 hours to finish him, so it's a lengthy process. I'm not sure how long the background will take...

I have a very unique playstyle that I'm quite particular about because I want my character to be powerful, without having to get old, ugly, or scarred. I'll keep a detailed explanation for this in a spoiler here, and I'll leave a short version at the end of this post for anyone too lazy to read it.

Basically, I max all of the Skill stats as early as possible [7 Accuracy comes first, then 7 Speed, then 7 Guile], and I pick up Slow Time level 2. Later on, I usually get Physical Shield level 2, and that's all I get for spells. The other half of this is that I hold off on upgrading any Strength stats until I come across the Harbinger in Witchwood. The reason for this is because [unless you've already maxed every Strength stat] when you first attempt to pull the Harbinger out of the rock, the game will mark you to fail it. After you fail pulling it out the first time, you are required to increase your Physique by 5, Health by 2, and Toughness by 3. Now obviously, if you've already pumped these stats up prior to this... you'll be forced to pump them up even more [what a waste!]. However, since I go there with 0 Physique/Health/Toughness, I need only get 5/2/3 of these stats, and voila - I get the Harbinger [by the time I get here, I usually have more than enough exp to get these stats instantly]. Of course, I like to max out Physique to 7 since I like maximum melee damage, however I don't like my character getting too buff because it starts to look ugly, ridiculous, and a bit disgusting, so I leave Health at 2 and Toughness at 3 since they are useless anyways [so in short, I leave the Strength stats at 7/2/3 - with this looks plenty strong and "just right" without overdoing it to a nasty hulk state]. Keep in mind that each stat increase you get is +0.7 years of age to your character. With all of this considered, I get the age decreases from the Temples of Avo and Skorm. Each temple has a chance to give you a 5-10 year age reduction. I just reload the game and keep trying until I get -10 years, then I do the same for the other temple, for a total of 20 years taken off my character. So, now for the short version to simplify the math here:

Hero's starting age: 18
Stat Increases:
-Accuracy: 7
-Speed: 7
-Guile: 7
-Physique: 7
-Health: 2
-Toughness: 3
-Slow Time: 2
-Physical Shield: 2

Added all up, this amounts to 37 skill increases. Therefore, since each skill increase adds 0.7 years to your hero's age, this totals to:
37 x 0.7 = 25.9

So since he starts at age 18 and gains 25.9 years, he ends up at 43.9 years old. Subtracting 20 years from this from the Temples of Avo and Skorm blessings, you land on 23.9 years of age [I don't think the game rounds age, so it'll mark it as just 23]. Then you count the 1 year you're required to spend being tortured in Bargate Prison, 1 year after your battle with Jack of Blades in the Chamber of Fate, then 1 final year from traveling to the Northern Wastes on the Ship of the Drowned. So, that's 3 years the game requires you to age to add to 23, and there you have my age 26 character. This varies for me from different playthroughs, since sometimes I'll get a little more or a little less spell increases each time. However, I prefer keeping him under 30 at all costs.

Phew, long post. I felt like I just made a mini-walkthrough.

thanks man :)

bapsi

a piece of SEX.
Reaction score
I like how those boots turned out in your wip. :]

Khalin

Reaction score
I like how those boots turned out in your wip. :]
Thankyou! I appreciate that.

Well apparently there's some doubt that this is actually my artwork, so I decided I'd show how it looks in the beginning stages all the way back to my original sketch.

sketch__the_hero_of_oakvale_by_azurus_gelu-d35yjxq.jpg

ranyu06.jpg

ranyu07.jpg

ranyu08.jpg

This isn't finished yet obviously. Once I finish doing a background for him, it'll go up on my DeviantART gallery.